Boxster or Mustang

Need a car around 15,000 that's reliable but also fun I think I want either a Boxster or Mustang and I need help narrowing it down. I'm open for suggestions of other cars too.

If you're American the Mustang will be the better choice because you won't get absolutely gouged by parts prices.

Porsche: reliable but high upkeep cost... still chick magnet - "I drive Porsche" sounds coool!

Ford Mustang: semi-reliable but lowest upkeep cost. Redneck car. Dumb ugly obese chick magnet. "I drive Ford" sounds uncool

I am but the downside is that 10 percent of the cars at school are mustangs and yeah I'm American

Any in between suggestions?

Maybe some mid-range luxury coupe? 90s/early 00s Mercedes or BMW?

This is partially proof that they're the better choice.
If you're worried about being unique and standing out, which it sounds like you are and I'll be the first to admit I know where you're coming from, just get a Mustang and make it your own. Do something wild and crazy with it. That is what car enthusiasm is about homie

Get cleanest Sw20 mr2 for half the price

Mustang
-easy to find parts
-go "fast" for cheap can get a good 4.6 for 8k all day
-not a try hard/look at me car
Porche
-good luck finding parts
-good luck finding mechanic who knows how to work on some 10+ year old foreign that won't charge an arm or leg
-girls will be able to tell it is old af I mean have you seen the interiors? "Where's your bluetooth user?"
-guys will be think your an idiot for buying an old ass porche that they can beat in a v6 Challenger

2004-2007 CTS-V or 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO

if i have 25k (can stretch a little) to spend on a gorgeous, reliable commuter and willing to do some of my own work, is a 987.2 cayman my best bet? i won't be putting too many miles on it either.

VW Golf Mk4 Highline 3 door

SO you are a closet gay

What are the roads like where you live, user? Do you live near some twisties? Or is everything long straights?
If you live near some fun roads, get the Boxster. If you don't, get the Mustang.

A ten year old boxster is not some super rare car that you're not going to be able to find parts for or anyone who knows how to work on one in America.

>20 year old bmw
>reliable

fix your current car. if you don't have a car, buy a civic for 3k.

25k is 997 territory. If you're going to be doing any work in the engine bay yourself, you'll appreciate the easy access of the 997 vs the Cayman.

if you go porsche and it has a M96 engine (pre-2008 I believe) ask about the ims bearing being serviced and don't believe anyone unless they have a receipt to backup their statement

my parents own a 2003 boxster with 55k miles that was a garage queen and the ims bearing failed and as a result he whole engine lunched itself beyond repair.

I've got a 6 speed 350Z and it's quite good, would recommend

The 3rd gen MR2 would be a real special snow flake if you're just looking to stand out if you don't mind having no trunk space at all

>M96 engine (pre-2008 I believe)
Almost. The M96 was found in the 986, 996 and some earlier 997s, and was succeeded by the M97 which made its way into 997 S cars and 987s.
IMS bearing replacement is easy on the M96, but requires a full engine teardown on the M97. The bearings in early M96s and all M97s are less prone to failure than the ones used in early 2000s M96s though.

this is a bad meme

porsche maintenance is much cheaper to all the other german alternatives.

parts are cheap.
and i recommend a cayman over a boxster.

t. i have a boxster

Second

C5 Corvette

Do people actually get Holden badges for GTOs?

And people get GTO badges for their Holdens
Same thing with people putting Honda badges on their Acuras and Acura badges on their Hondas on the other side of the world