/ovg/ - Richard Burns' Goon Squad Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

dirtgame.com/us/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/circuit-de-monaco.html
reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54c334/psa_how_to_fix_dns_error_while_trying_to_play/
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5n3cj0/xbox_app_server_connectivity_blocked/
support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat
get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGT6_Grand_Valley_300km
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_forza_garage_week_5
mega.nz/#!3ZtFgDJb!6GVAbQRfkKr0sgEoJXbYS5byGxknMV8EzQrffbZTCE8
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pli=1#gid=2056118528
youtu.be/xphQ08xA16M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for doc is up for /ovgF1/

why is it that racing games are only getting worse as tech gets better

except you can't anymore because DLCs are no longer on sale

Because muh realism

because entertainment software in general is getting worse, we're hitting late capitalism hard my dude and people need a profit more than ever because it is harder to make money so either a) you go after an audience that doesn't really like your title or b) you massively underdevelop your title or the real magic comes when you do both

good shit
tell me we'll do monaco in those please

Because it costs too much. A GT6 premium/GT Sport car takes, according to kaz, 6 months to make just so it is on par with the tech. It's insane.
This, and improving simulation value means jack shit for the fun value.

perhaps we need to reconsider games with vaguely lamborghini shaped polygons being chased around an idyllic coastline by another lamborghini shaped polygon with flashing rectangles

I don't really care for exotic shit anyways (I still use my starter car because B/A class Yaris is a go cart). Is the essentials edition cut down? Its cheap but it seems it like only has disc one.

OVGWRC

If you haven't set a time yet, you only have 3 days to do so, also please make sure to at least attempt the event as we have another event starting directly after this one.

Both of them affect the points, so if you want to win the season you need a good position in BOTH.

We are currently running 3 stages Finland in the 2010s and R4s. The 2010s are faster, but not by a huge margin, so a good R4 driver could easily sneak into the top 5.

I am an idiot who forgot to link the actual league

dirtgame.com/us/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc

Bought DR but didn't bother playing it that much. Do I have to buy a car and/or upgrade it in SP to do the league?

no you don't, you just join on that link and it will pop up for you in-game under leagues

>The 2010s are faster, but not by a huge margin, so a good R4 driver could easily sneak into the top 5.
that's why there are only 2010's on the board :D

time.exe

dunno if there's a decent one in AC

assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/circuit-de-monaco.html

From the pictures at least it looks complete

Looks like it's inspired by the GT version. As in, wayy too wide.

So...
rFactor 1

Fug.
How is the Blizzard mountain dlc for Forza Horizon 3?
I'm very tempted at buying the expansion pass as it is 50% off. Please respond.

>forza network offline since yesterday
>no messages, rivals, clubs etc.
>decide i cant bother playing if thats the case
>go to close game
>its not in the sidebar or in home screen
>cant close it from games and apps
what the fuck am i supposed to do

ok but i preffered hotwheels

You're supposed to ctrl shift esc and alt tab into the opened task manager and then end the process from there.

>xbox
it just doesnt show up in the guide or home screen so i cant quit the game
i suppose i have to play it till it crashes as it usually does

Just turn it off nigga.

>the games dont quit when you turn it off
it will just stay running until i turn it back on

>>the games dont quit when you turn it off
What the fuck.

An actual restart not putting it to sleep you nig nog. Scroll down in the sidebar and find the restart option.

By default, X1s go to sleep when you press the power button so the games stay open and the console boots in like 5 seconds.

>exit garage and get a cutscene shilling fm7
ffs

>mid August 2017
>my FH3 multi-player still doesn't work because of teredo

:^)

If it's PC then you can fix it via Command Prompt. Unfortunately, you'd have to go to Reddit to find that stuff.
This fixed it for me: reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54c334/psa_how_to_fix_dns_error_while_trying_to_play/
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5n3cj0/xbox_app_server_connectivity_blocked/

If not try this: support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat

Oh trust me buddy I've already tried that

I've tried an absurd range of things to get it working to no avail. Probably gonna try re-installing the game and see what that does though.

>Unfortunately, you'd have to go to Reddit to find that stuff.
Only if you are a mouthbreathing retard and literally can't click the troubleshooting link in the xbox app.

At this point I'd try reinstalling Windows. Are you running a clean install or still one upgraded from an earlier version of Windows?

>click the troubleshooting link in the xbox app
>none of the "solutions" work
Huh whoa thanks buddy.

Probably worth a try.

Clean install.

Disable the filter in your router settings

>F1 2017 coming out in like 1 week
>the red bull front wing is still way too high
>the 2011 redbull's rear is still extremely low to the ground
>this has been pointed out since people noticed it at least 1 month ago
welp, besides that I'm actually excited for the game

For those who aren't Normie 1 autists, here's how the red bull front wing should be looking, much closer to the ground

r8

I hope this will be fixed in that supposed day 1 patch that updates all the cars and liveries to the current spec instead of the Melbourne spec.
But honestly, it probably wouldn't bother me too much. Never played any CM F1 games before and this one seems to be pretty good.The race footage they uploaded on YT looked fun

>300zx Z32
>cruising the C1 at midnight
>chill tunes from youtube in the background
This is as comfy as it gets.

>mfw I did a story on this and people screeched saying I didn't know what I was talking aboot

>get on populated race server
>actually get to run a qualifying lap without getting rammed off track
>server locks up and won't go into race phase
>my face when endless qualify

>its an everybody think they're a drifter because they bought cars with stickers episode

did a quick write up on the wiki about the grand valley 300. bop is still a wip but i think 54s are not terribly unachievable for slow drivers and not too hard for faster guys to dial back too.

get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGT6_Grand_Valley_300km

>Mercedes 300 SEL 6.3 announced for AC

YES! The glorious McMaserati-Benz 300MC12 MP4/4 will finally live on outside of AC

>announced for AC
Fuck, meant announced for Forza 7

Bullshit your joking

I don't know much about the F1 games but it could be that the default ride height is set pretty high, and just about every game I've played you can visually see ride height (and camber) changes.

Look for yourself
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_forza_garage_week_5

Hot Version 2 when?

In 10 minutes in Horizon 3

And in H3 you can take a 300SEL, swap in a V12 and two turbos. Not quite senna turbos but turbos.

I like the idea of having people balance their cars themselves.
inb4 I bop myself on a bad day then race day is a good day and everyone thinks I'm a cheater

its honestly a lot easier than boping every car one by one or using the PP system.

why aren't you using formula hybrid?

how bad do you have to be at driving to get a time worse than crash2ktimes guy

Neat pic but uggo wing

Big ass chimp thumbs opened the wrong pic

Wasn't working for me but it turned out it was a motherboard network setting in bios that was stopping it.

why is it so boring driving normal production cars but purpose built race cars (like formula) so fun? When I'm playing AC trying to drive any of the low end production cars (i.e. not mclarens, porsches) feel slow and understeer like mad, but driving something like the 98T is balls to the wall fun. Is it because they're slow? Is it because I suck? Is it because ACs tire model thing sucks dick and the tires never fucking warm up? Is it because I don't really know what to do as far as tuning suspension from whatever the default settings are? Is it all of the above?

How do I make the slower cars fun

>How do I make the slower cars fun
race against other slow cars

same here i thought i was the only one.

i prefer gt3, gt2 rather than hyper cars.

Why won't Marcel stop ruining rF2?

Why can't we just have a single feature-complete sim?

>Using external links for GG pages
come on dude

You cant kill whats already dead.

What hes doing is trying to bring a corpse back to life. I haven't bought the DLC but the combination of free and paid content and the McLaren competition has brought RF2s pulse back just barely.

>october 2012
>most wanted 2012 launches
>critics: nInE oUt Of TeN, LoTs Of FuN, nO pRoBlEmS aT aLl!!!!!!!!1!!!
>march 2013
>i get the wii u port
>okay/10
>locked at 30 fps
>constant fps drops because wii u is shit
>co-driver mode is useless
>at least i can play the game entirely on the gamepad
>co-driver mode means i can get every single car right away
>i can also turn off traffic and my skill
>ultimate speed dlc is included for free but none of the others came because ea didn't think it'd be profitable and dropped support for the wii u
>i can get a veyron from the start and take down every most wanted car on the first go
>after i beat the agera, i just cruise around the map and have a bit of fun
>put down the game
>february 2016
>game goes up for free on origin
>download it but never play it
>current month current year
>find the game in my origin library and download it
>muse - butterflies and hurricanes plays over the intro i recognize from 4 years ago
>because i used the same origin account for both wii u and pc, all of my 9 million speed points carry over and all off the most wanted races are unlocked even though i now have find all the jack spots and win all the mods again
>no fps drops
>smooth 60 fps
>handling is weird but is god tier compared to 2015
>cars have some kind of suspension travel and definitely feel a bit weighty compared to 2015
>cops are retarded but chases can still be fun
>driving around the industrial areas in the raptor is fun
>drifting around the deserted airfield in the subaru is fun
>remember that you can pop your tires just by doing a burnout and spend the mext five minutes doing donuts and burnouts
>sounds are orgasmic
>lancia with shitloads of turbo blowoff
>sls with crackling exhaust
>lambo in a tunnel nearly blows my ears out
>buy the dlc
>mito and airport terminal is a godly pair

Good Burnout, bad Need for Speed. I unironically like it even though I totally understand why everyone hates it. ok/10

>tfw no toyota in fm7

>ywn race a 1000hp supra through sandnigger pass in native 4k at 60fps

Why live?

You know Anons
We all have these magical things called "preferences". They make us like and enjoy certain things a certain way.

but these slow shitboxes are fun irl on a real track. i want to enjoy them on a virtual track since it's less expensive and gives me a wider range of shitboxes to drive. my case has nothing to do with preferences per se but the perceived (lack of) handling of any car that isnt a formula car or hypercar. Even something like the ktm x-bow feels like its understeering like crazy and makes it really unfun

I really need to buy a 360 and play this finally. Heard the carlist was allot smaller than previous games but the customization was supposed to be insane.

The number of cars you can actually customize barely hits the double figures, but you can go really in depth. There aren't hundreds of options or some kind of Autosculpt system, but you can make something original.

>17730599
Too dark senpai

nice plate

i wish the photo mode let you change the intensity of the lights like in the crew
r8 my low contrast japbox

What game? It looks like Forza but I can't tell.

filename is ITC so I'd say import tuner challenge

Aero.
But really what you're really feeling is the lack of sense of speed because you're playing a video game in your underwear not driving a real car. Check the speedo when you feel like you're understeering and you'll most likely find out you're going way too fast into the corner even though it doesn't feel that fast.
t. took me hours to drive the 458 properly precisely because I was trying to drive on butt feel and butt feel doesn't work

The guardrail is kinda distracting but the livery is sweet.

Import Tuner Challenge, aka Shutoko Battle X, so part of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series, they had to change the name abroadthough because of a new publisher.

>and there is always something to do
if it wasn't for livery designer i wouldn't be playing it for over a week

>x when
when you make it you dumbass

don't be mad, it's just a meme livery
this game doesn't even have proper multiplayer races afaik

Why aren't you making liveries for rfactor/AC or even Forza if you can't into photoshop? Would probably make them more justice than the poop visuals your phone has.

why should he make skins for rfactor/AC or forza ?If he wants to make meme skins in RR3 then why should he stop doing that ?

i don't have either of them
i also don't have a working pc or even a modern wheel, so this mobile game is my only shot at racen atm

oh btw making liveries in rr3 doesn't imply i can't into photoshop

so more than the 2 people playing RR3 can see them in action

for AC and rf1, people would have to dl the skins in the first place and most series /ovg/ does ends up dead or close to death after 2-3 races
and then comes this so you being butthurt about that is kind of silly

I'm not butthurt I'm just saying that it's wasted. But thanks for the reminder of the ovg is dead meme.

why are discord fags not banned from ovg yet

because they're all on mumble as well

why aren't they banned from mumble then

How often is Wipeout played?

because mumble bans don't exist

not enough

Reminder we are racing Civics tonight (now featuring solid walls)

For todays race we are visiting Mantorp Park in Sweden. You can find the link to the track here mega.nz/#!3ZtFgDJb!6GVAbQRfkKr0sgEoJXbYS5byGxknMV8EzQrffbZTCE8

Direct link to doc here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pli=1#gid=2056118528

Race is as always @ 19.30 GMT / 21.30 CEST

Post pretend race car kino
youtu.be/xphQ08xA16M