>first at stoplight in middle of three lane street at 4 way intersection
>light turns green, start to go
>black dude on bike out of nowhere flies past me, hit his back tire
>he stumbles on the bike a bit then keeps riding across the street
>didn't hit him just his bike but want to see if he's ok anyway
>make uturn
>ask if he's ok from my car and he says "yeah"
>drive off

Was I in the wrong here? Isn't it a rule that you're not supposed to ride bikes across crosswalks?

A bicycle is supposed to follow the same rules as a car. So no he shouldn't have been in the crosswalk and he also shouldnt have run a red light/ do not walk sign.

depends on where you live. in Portland, even tho the bike broke all the rules, you'd be castrated since you were driving a big mean car that's eating up all the baby bird's oxygen and the dindu was saving the world on his bicycle of hope

Chances are it wasn't his bike to begin with so I doubt anyone was "in the wrong".

>Isn't it a rule that you're not supposed to ride bikes across crosswalks?
In every city I've lived in across four usa states, that was the rule. But lots of bikes ride on the sidewalks and the police do not enforce the law.

Similar to OP, the light turned green for me as I was making a right turn. The don't walk sign was lit of course. Some black guy riding a on the sidewalk did NOT slow down and rode right into the crosswalk as I was turning. He was riding fast on the sidewalk, so he was not even in my field of view until the last second. I am defensive, so when he came up, I already had my foot on the brake. The car behind me almost hit me since it didn't expect me to stop to let the black guy continued riding fast across the intersection.

>Was I in the wrong here?
It depends where you live. A liberal area would more likely cite you for attentiveness and a conservative area would probably let you off if you had a witness to counter whatever the bicyclist was saying against you in court about you being responsible for the rest of his life.

I live in Florida. Idk about politics, besides crazy, are we considered a liberal state?

If he was riding a bike on the sidewalk, he should have walked it across the street in the crosswalk. He also ignored the traffic signal.

No bicyclist I've ever seen in the crosswalk has walked their bike. They always ride it across in or outside of the crosswalk. And they do it regardless of the walk or don't_walk signal.

Cyclists fall into one of two categories:

1. people who are blissfully unaware they're supposed to be in the street since they've been riding their bikes on the sidewalk since childhood (when no one would question it). Though to be fair, as a counterpoint, there was a time I had to ride a bike to work every day when my car was fucked and I rode in the street. The number of people that rolled their windows down to tell me to 'get the fuck off the road' was mind-blowing considering to get a license you have to understand bikers have rights on the road.

2. People who are assholes and don't care and knowingly take advantage of the fact police don't enforce sidewalk rules and are a constant nuisance to pedestrians who have to move out of their way or are surprised by them coming up behind them unexpectedly. As a counterpoint again, riding in the road is pretty scary in areas like mine where faggy bike paths aren't everywhere and idiots scream things at you as they are so inconvenienced as to have to drive 12 inches to the left when passing you.

That's their opinion and you have to respect that.

no

>People who are assholes and don't care and knowingly take advantage of the fact police don't enforce sidewalk rules

There are some that get onto the road and then ride slowly. That happened to me on a double yellow road. Other cars kept on passing the two bikes that were riding side by side on the road.

I guess the bike riders were irate at cars. So when there was the opportunity for them to ride at the side of the road due to a wide shoulder, they refused and stayed on the road. Sure, there can be pebbles and glass and metal shards and lots of things that make a tire go flat on the shoulder. But seeing that wide shoulder and them refusing to let the cars stacked up not go by them was infuriating. Why were the cars no longer passing? Because I was directly behind the bikes going 15 mph. Thus the other cars behind me, of which there were more than five, could not pass because now they would be passing a car (me) and not just the two bicycles.

This is a winding road and it's basically double yellow for miles. The road markings were not made with bicycles in mind because there is a separate state law that says slow vehicles must pullover when possible if there are 5 or more vehicles being blocked.

I guess the bicycles ignored that law. That's their opinion and you have to respect that.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to throw an empty can or something at the cyclists.

here riding on the sidewalk is also not legal
I still do it daily because the road is so shit I fear of falling
one day I saw BMX faggit killed by an Opel Corsa, asked the cops whatsup, and they warned me not to ride bike on sidewalk or the will give me a fine, I rode away

literally next day, saw a pair of bike Police on the sidewalk, honked at them while passing

That's necessary for them around here so that the police bicycles don't cause congestion in the roadway. Also, the purpose of bikes is so that fewer officers can replace walking beats. Being on the sidewalks lets them slow down and stop at any time. It also lets them see better into alleys and walls for markings that show if people have been sitting/camping there regularly at night.

A lot of the more serious cyclists carry cams now, so you better not in my area. That's because there is a littering law with $1000 starting fine. It's rarely enforced because people don't litter on cam or those with a cam don't report the litterer. But if you did it to a bike with a cam, you might end up with an expensive surprise ticket in the mail when they review the cam footage of you assault littering.

>oh cops can break the law since they r special and if it's for your safety
not when they ride past an open door and clothesline a ped coming out of a building
also go suck a cops dick you cuck

Why didnt you apologize for slavery and hand him your wallet while you were at it?

Pedestrians in general ignore the do not cross sign.

>Pedestrians in general ignore the do not cross sign.
Sometimes, the homeless even ignore the red traffic light and are walking in the crosswalk. They used to not do that, but after BLM encouraged people to do that and other things to fight back against injustice, it goes on now sometimes. More and more society breaks down in little ways like that.

He technically hit your car while lane splitting you cuck.

>black dude
The correct term is nigger.

gb2

Accident stories ?

I'm a new driver this just happened what could I have done better

>Going 45 down road
>Car in turning lane realizes he needs to go straight so he turns out into my lane from a dead stop and I have a split second to swerve into the other oncoming lane to miss him avoiding a collision

Surely he was in the wrong ?

>On the internet
>Not racist
Are you retarded or a troll?

>on Veeky Forums
>doesnt know /pol/ is despised everywhere

Back to your cesspit

Yep it's the latter

>Theres no way people want their board to be free of autists like me!!

You get alot of people with this bait bb?

He was on the wrong for sure.

So much butthurt

I mean it's not a bad way to get a bite I do it all the time in bf1 chat

>assault littering

fucking kek

Yes. You should have finished the job, China style.

This is the hottest anime girl I have ever seen no joke

>what could I have done better

Your statement has both moral and technically legal issues opposed to each other. So it has some answers that may oppose each other.

If you drive in a normal style, you did the right thing in avoiding hitting him. It was fortunate you didn't hit another car. If you had been driving defensively, you would already know there was no oncoming traffic and thus can move into the opposing traffic lane to prevent (not just avoid) the accident.

>Chances are it wasn't his bike to begin with so I doubt anyone was "in the wrong".
The dude didn't contest with you hitting him or demanding you pay up because he was probably either driving without a license or on probation. Either means he doesn't dare risk having an officer show up because anything and everything gets reported to the parole officer.

>are we considered a liberal state
try asking that on /pol/,

I live in PDX and drive a big diesel truck and I really enjoy blowing smoke diesel exhaust onto spandex warriors who ride where they shouldn't
Btw, ready for the shitstorm of the eclipse?

>a constant nuisance to pedestrians who have to move out of their way or are surprised by them coming up behind them unexpectedly.
What is stopping the bicyclist from riding around the pedestrian? That's what I used to do when I was a kid and rode my bike on the sidewalk (in a suburban neighborhood).

>What is stopping the bicyclist from riding around the pedestrian?
Because they do NOT. I've been told to move over. Or in one case, I heard the bicycle bell ding ding ding ding ding ding ding as he came at me. I had to step off the sidewalk that time since the handlebars are wide.

Just like some car drivers consider bicycles to be obstructions on the road, some bicycles consider pedestrians to be obstructions on the sidewalk.

>this entire thread

what the fuck am I even reading

boy am I glad that I do not live in a 3rd world country

You don't need a license to ride a bicycle dipshit

>Girl
Boy do I have some news for you

In Veeky Forums, the word "bike" refers to motorcycle in the vast majority of cases.

Would you pass this bicyclist on a double yellow, or just patiently follow?

The first poster got it right without any context clues, what's your excuse?

Apparently You failed your anger management class when you try to find fault with words and typing.

no excuse for being stupid

Current trap anime show. There is the regular version for broadcast TV and the uncensored version on satellite channel. Both have been subbed into various languages.