How did Chevy fuck up the Monte Carlo so bad?

>3.8 L V6
>Supercharged
>fucking 240 HP???

Infiniti G35 same model year
>3.7 L V6
>Naturally aspirated
>298 HP

What a shame, I always loved the v8 boxy old RWD monte carlos from the 80s, no wonder they gave up making them in 2007.

3.5 Liter I meant, my bad

I thought these were V8 and RWD.

>dreams shattered

To be fair, in 2006 and 2007 they made an SS version with a 5.3 L V8... but it only came in automatic and FWD.

Owh. Wish it had a RWD man.

>Chevy reintroduces the Monte Carlo
>It's now a 4-door luxury RWD muscle beast to compete with the Charger

Wow it's almost like it's a hopped up workhorse v6 running low boost vs a DOHC motor designed to be in a sportscar.

They already have luxury rwd cars under the Cadillac brand, I'd rather see a 4 door midsize derived from the Camaro. Hell, just make a 4 door Camaro, purists be damned

They'll never do it, it would cannibalize the already mediocre sales of the SS.

SS is discontinued pal

I would rather see it as a Buick Skylark or Grand National let GMPP make a GNX or Wildcat package to sell from the dealer that includes a body kit, a tune, and torque management delete. Give it an LF3 with an All-Wheel drive option.

Would you rather a return of the Trans-Am or the Monte Carlo? (loosely based off current Camaro chassis)

Bailout was the best thing to ever happen to the American auto industry. Now they're actually forced to try.

Trans am.

Even more than that, Fiero.

Then they should just bring Pontiac back.
G8 was literally their best before they went under.

GM should have kept Pontiac around, and try to do what Chrysler did to Dodge - make it a "performance" brand. (i.e. still just rebadged cars, but with a different marketing angle)

But the monte carlo was meant to be a sportscar, also what's even the point in a supercharger if it barely has any boost... it's basically just adding weight and making the reliable 3800 less reliable.

that's what Pontiac USED to be, but they made so many pieces of shit that got ragged out by *ahem* ethnic individuals, that it ruined their image.

Neither the 3800 or ls versions were the problem.. the problem was the 4t65e transaxle.. they r garbage..

My 3.4 2004 Impala took about 1500KM of almost constant full throttle burnouts in dirt or snow spinning the tires at 140kmh at the top of second gear. At the end there was a 1 second delay between putting your foot down and the trans slipping into first.

And my forward apply band grenaded after only 113k miles.

Catering to black people ruins everything.

I've always said they should have called the ss the chevelle instead

I guess that back then the high feature engine was too expansive for chebby.

Poor ol' nigger thinks it's a Cadillac