Mazdaspeed One Word

This thing wasn't even on my radar before today.
Now I've seen people making videos about how the Mazdaspeed 6 is better than an EVO, a GTI or an STI.

Are these people full of shit or does Veeky Forums appreciate the Mazdaspeed 6? Why is it better or worse than those other cars? What other cars does it compare to?

>What other cars does it compare to

Legacy GT and Volvo S60R

>Better

Being heavier, bigger, with a more delicate/unreliable motor (even compared to Turbo Subarus) isn't a advantage.

As said, it's not a rally car like the EVO or STI, and it's not a hot hatch like the GTI, Golf R, and Focus RS.

The engine is known for being one of the least reliable Mazda engines out there and parts aren't cheap because there aren't a lot of those engines out there. The car is heavy. The AWD isn't as good as Mitsu or Subie AWD.
Get a Mazdaspeed 3 and be quiet. The 1st Gen was fwd but had a mech LSD so you really can't go wrong.

The Mazdaspeed 6 is ideal for the guy who loves going fast in a straightline but lives in a snowy/icy place. The S60R is the perfect comparison to this.

I was looking at a Mazdaspeed 6, SRT4, and WRX and the first car I eliminated was the MS6. Then I just found a super nice WRX for cheap before a better SRT4 popped up.

The only advantage these have to Evos/STis is their price, and finding an affordable one that hasn't been thrashed to shit or horrifically neglected is very difficult. Also the OEM coil packs suck, $10 says any check engine light you get is from a faulty one that you need to replace immediately or suffer complete compression loss eventually

>t. Mazdaspeed6 owner who knew nothing about cars and went to 6 mechanics who were all too retarded to diagnose it and ended up with a fucked cylinder wall requiring a full rebuild

This is not a good beginner's car unless you've bought a fully refurbished one, and if you do then they're probably out of your price range. Also all the inputs are very heavy and the ride isn't spectacular desu. But you will be faster than 98% of cars on the road and have a lot of fun trolling ricers.

Also
>DVD player doesn't play any DVDs I've tried in it and the GPS runs on a disk which I don't think they offer updated versions of anymore
>DVD/GPS controller/controls are fucking stupid
>don't have bucket seats and really needs them to be secure on the touge

Phil?

Not Phil

>replace immediately or suffer complete compression loss eventually

...until you replace the coil? I'm confused, how would a bad coil cause compression loss

t. Retard

I really want one, but what's stopping me from buying one is the fact that I can't find a clean, stock car, and the rear seats don't fold down. I'd really like the ability to have all that cargo space.

>reading comprehension

A bad coil pack won't burn the fuel properly and ended up washing the oil off the cylinder wall causing it to become damaged and preventing it from dealing. The OEM coil pack failed and by the time I figured out the problem and replaced it with an aftermarket one it was too late.

*sealing. I fucking hate this phone

Cylinder wall just couldn't deal.

I had one for a year and it was a good car. Handles well, good power and torque for days. As someone else said, it was fun trolling people. It looks like a regular mazda 6 to anyone who doesn't know about them, so shitting on 90% of cars was fun. I sold it because I wanted more power.

Mazdaspeed 3 is just as bad you dumbfuck. I owned one.

>tfw realize Mazda cucked itself after 90s

>The engine is known for being one of the least reliable Mazda engines out there
>Get a Mazdaspeed 3 and be quiet.
>They use the same motor

? ? ?

At its core its the same platform as a ford fusion using an engine that was the precursor to ford's ecoboost 2.3l.

With mazda not having a luxury brand and it lacking wild styling, its probably more comparable to an audi A4 or the like than an Evo or STI with their track first, comfort on the road second mentality.

If you want a cool car that will be a classic someday, sure the MS6 maybe right for you. But if you want something to keep up with Evos and STIs on the track... Dont, you'll just break it.

>The engine is known for being one of the least reliable Mazda engines out there

So are you saying that Mazda rotaries are actually more reliable? What a world we live in.

Gen 2 with HPFP is as reliable as any other econobox Mazda on the road.

Great cars, Not as good as wrx/evo's though, the awd system is bland like the RS one, but RS one is a bit more advanced.

other than that they are really nice for dailying, same with the 3

Just wondering what you replaced yours with, if you're still here. Kind of want to sell mine since its ridiculous for a daily.

Canadians seem to love Mazdas, I see them all the time

Cheap, quick, hatchback, good parts support and prevalence of winter tires for cheap in its size. Also they seem to resist the layers of corrosive salt better than some other cars in its class, like Hondas or Fords, which seem to rust after a winter of beating

Was researching it but got spooked something about the mounts bring weak and can ruin the tranny, also like others said the engine is made of paper. Apparently the awd is completely garbage so i ended up with swedespeed

It wasn't really a "performance developed" system. It didn't have the understeer countering abilities of it's rivals

>Mazda
>rust resistance

>living in a hell hole rust belt state.

>Quebec plate
>province that doesn't use road salt

Yet somehow none of the mazda's here in the Southeastern US look anything remotely that bad.

And my 20 year old Porsche is completely rust free in in the rust belt despite being daily driven even in winter

Mazda a shit

>lives in the south
>pretends he knows more about what cars are more corrosion resistant

Mazdas are fucking notorious for rusting. The only reason they're so many is because they came with a lot of features that you'd normally see in luxury cars as standard, no one knew they were going to rust so easily

A contemporary Honda and Toyota holds up much better than a Mazda. My '09 Accord that's been daily driven through salt covered roads every single winter for the last 8 years has a tiny bit of bubbling on the hood and that's it