Has your Honda given you many years of driving pleasure?

Has your Honda given you many years of driving pleasure?

Yep. Gave me about 3 years and then i sold it

No, transmission died at 155k. Best thing that ever happened to me because I left the econobox meme once and for all

Was it an automatic?

I don't have a Honda.

I've had mine for a year and a half and I enjoy every bit of it. Even sitting in traffic. It's just a Civic, but it's my Civic.

It's 8 years old now, been in the family all 8 years, and it's been every bit as good since the day it was bought brand new.

i want this 1,2k accord so bad but its so far away
is it a good first car?

Gonna roll over 100k sometime next week.
That's 100k problem-free miles.

I drive a 2002 accord, and it was my dads since 2004. It has had absolutely zero problems, and has only 150k now and im sure it will continue to be problem free.

excellent first car that will last as long as you want it to

what are the differences between accords and civics?
feels like accords are comfier

>what are the differences between accords and civics?
Civics are compacts, Accords are midsize.

They usually have pretty similar equipment at each trim level.

Well I wouldn't call it pleasure. But driving, yes

Ten years old, 127,000 miles. Runs as good as the day I bought it.

Yes, automatic Honda Accord 2001. Just like the sticky said, the 4 speed transmissions were weak those years. I went with a manual and a sports car afterwards. Meme #2 commencing

My first decent car was a 2007 Accord SE. Was a nice car, comfortable and mostly problem free. That is until I totalled it.

Allergy to wasps + guard rail = bad.

Had mine since 1998, automatic, and still hitting the toe-gay with it despite it being my daily driver.

Bought my prelude at 17 years old, am now 27. Saved up for 3 years and paid 5800 for it. Have loved the car everyday since, i remember the first drive and will never get rid of this car under any circumstances. Its a link to my past. I feel 17 every time i get in it. Its a time machine to my teenage years. I refuse to be like every single old guy in the world that kicks themselves everyday for getting rid of their first vehicles and doesn't have that link anymore. I'd sooner live in the car in a parking lot than sell it to pay rent.

I learned how to work on cars on this prelude. Its had 4 engines, 3 transmissions, a fully built NA setup, and is currently boosted. I can do anything to any car after what I've been through with my prelude.

Moral of the story to you real young guys.... keep your first vehicle that moves you. A few grand is never worth not having it once you're older. Ask any man and he'll have heavy regrets.

Super high this morning trying to bust out code at work. Happened to drive the prelude thus morning and couldn't help it.

No, not at all. But it's a reliable and frugal little fucker.

Bump for Honda love

>honda fell for the turbo meme
I don't need torque if I'm at 8000 RPM

had mine for about a year, blew a head gasket. Honda never again.

I completely understand.

This car been in the family since, or around the time I was born. I have very good memories of my family in the car, going on trips to Costco or long distance.

When I was old enough to drive I didn't really care for it. However, when my dad passed away and I was given this car, I realized the fond memories and came to really enjoy how it drives and look.

Since then I've had people walking up to me and asking if it was for sale, and leaving a note asking if it was for sale. I don't think I can bring myself to ever get rid of it. Although the age is starting to show with the transmission and steering, I plan to garage it and restore it some day.

>odometer is around 286,xxx

Only owned a Honda cbr600rr never owned their cars I was told Honda was a branch of Toyota and I just chose several Toyotas instead. Maybe next car will be a Honda Civic, they're so damn common around here.

>Honda
>Driving pleasure
>he's actually implying Hondas are fun to drive and not just a stopgap shitbox that people buy because they can't afford a real car

i dunno m8

even the autotragic 07 civic ive got is pretty fun to chuck around corners and when that VTEC kicks in my dick gets pretty hard

and it has great steering feel

Hope it lasts you a very long time.

Looks pretty fresh to be 10 years old. You have taken good care of it.

You should cut your dick off for driving such an ugly, feminine bar of soap.

Drive a real man's car.

Beep beep motherfucker

As well*

What car?!?

No its a pos 01 with an autocuck transmission and the head gasket finally blew out last week.

i had a 00' crv for almost 7 years, felt like a bitch going uphill but literally the only problem I ever had was having to re-grease my sparkplugs during a rainstorm. If it hadn't gotten wrecked i'll bet it would have lasted 5 more years easy.

Not years, since ive only had it since march, but ive already put 14k miles on it (142 up to 156). 97 accord LX 5 speed. Awesome car. Radiator hoses dry rotted and had to have it towed. $22 to have mechanic fix it, since i was scared and needed it asap. Put a meme air intake on it for muh exhaust note fixed up most of the body damage (1st owner was a grandma who slowly rolled it into a pole on icy driveway).

This honestly You won't believe how many common parts the Civic/Accord/Integra from the 90s and early 2000s have in common. Parts-wise, you're pretty much set for the next couple of decades.

4k miles. So far so good.

4th gen Accord .

First car I bought with my own money that I saved is a 2013 Accord Sport CVT new.
Almost 90k miles and still drives like the day I bought it, gonna keep it til it dies.
Next car will be another Honda for sure.

sounds sexual

sounds good mang

Only pic I still have from day I got my civic in 2005. I was 15 and about to turn 16 and my grandpa bought me this civic for $1000. It's a 95 ex 5 speed. It had 94k miles on it. Had no issues.
I still have it today 12 years later. it now has 310-315k. Can't ever remember the exact variance as i swapped out the cluster a few years ago because the speedometer quit working.

It's still on the original d16z6. I have never had the motor apart. Original headgasket still even.

In fact I can remember every repair I've done outside general maintenance. Brakes have been done a few times, only have changed battery once. Oil changes obviously.
I've replaced one alternator, shifter linkage bushings, a clutch, a fuel pump, driverside cv shaft, and a distributor.
Neglected timing belt way too long, pretty sure it was still the original belt when I replaced it at 220k. Was fraying bad and I couldnt put it off anymore.

I have a spreadsheet somewhere that I've kept track of everything. Thanks to rockauto, the parts ive replaced I think I'm still under $1000 total in repairs & maintenance in 12 years.

The civic has only made me money if anything. Through college I used it as a pizza delivery car for 4 years. In 2010 some drunk chick clipped its front passenger side. Her insurance totaled it and I haggled with them and got $2400 for it and bought it back from insurance for $400. I had to drive 2 hours to a junkyard that had a matching bumper and fender and I had to replace the the tie rod, rotor, wheel(just a steelie) and control arm. I ended up spending about $200 in all the parts to put it back together so ended up just pocketing $1800 from the insurance and car looked and drove normal again. Only bad thing is it's a rebuilt title now.

Today - it's pretty rusty. Trans grinds if you shift too fast into 2nd or 3rd. Shifter linkage getting sloppy again. AC still cold but compressor rattles. It visibly burns oil now.

I love my civic. It's a third car now but I could never sell it

maximum comfy, im happy for you man

Thanks, I've thought about selling it over the years and 2 years ago when I bought my first house I just sort of realized how much I really liked the civic. My grandpa who got it for me is passed and it reminds me of him. I have serviced it every time it needed something since 2005 with the exception of having tires mounted/balanced and alignment.
I see the civic crowd these days and how quickly these cars get trashed and thrown away. With 300k+ the rust of mine $1000-1500 is the most I could hope for and while that would of been a good chunk for me years ago- now $1000 doesn't seem like a whole lot to give it up for when I could just set aside little more than a weeks pay instead.

I tried selling it a few times when I was younger and got very close to get something different. I'm so glad all my deals fell through and I never ended up selling it.

I do need to do a serious front end overhaul, it needs new tie rods, ball joints, and struts/springs all-around. Might do it this winter. But regardless, as the prelude guy above mentioned - I get in this car and I feel like I'm a teenager again. I can vividly remember a bunch of first dates in it, driving it to various gettogethers, my first road trips, etc.

It's not just a honda thing .. its the first car thing, you cant ever replace your first car and the memories that usually come with them.

My 99 accord gave me 7.

Only thing that died was the transmission, cost $600 to replace

I had my del sol for 2 months then someone backed into me. Now it's on the brink of getting totaled with only 52k miles on it.

my mom had a 88 Prelude we had growing up, odo said 240k KM but CarFax said someone rolled it back like 600k so it really had close to 820k km. went to the junkyard running 5 years ago, body literally rusted out

Restore it.

i'm on my 1st honda ever, civic lx 6mt 17 model. i love everything except the steel wheels but i was planning on moving to a winter climate with snow so it's fine for winter tires and regular tires. out west people aren't as autistic anyway... literally had some cunt call them "po wheels" at a gas station but i digress. i've never been able to drive 1500 miles in anything on only 4 tanks that cost no more than $22 it's fucking amazing how silly fuel efficient it is. rides just like a brand new e39 with no sport package i drove in the early 00s sans the rwd but power is fucking similar 0-60 etc compared to a 530i

I'm getting a honda civic 2004 as my first car, for like 2k. Am I doing good? Any tips? I already gave it a ride a while ago and it felt so comfy and easy to ride.

bump for this guy. I'm a fellow car virgin who has civic interest

We've had a 01 CR-V for 11 years now. When we got it from my wife's now dead grandmother, it had 3,288 miles on it. Now it has 158k on it. I'm honestly surprised that it isn't higher considering that my wife used it for a 80 mile daily commute for years. We drive newer lexuses now, but keep the crv for dump runs, or when it's too snowy out to take the RWD Lexus out. We basically just keep the rear seats folded and use it as a truck.

And yes, the multi link hondas are indeed "fun" to drive in almost any configuration.

We will keep this thing as long as it makes sense to. It sounds like something a boomer would say, but they don't build them like this anymore. Non-pig fat, direct, and well built. If we ever replace it, I'll probably only do it with a Honda Element.

I but one last Dec for $1100.
150k miles. W/manual.
It gets better gas than my Bronco and I trust it far more on road trips. I drove it Nashville and back last April. About 13 hours each direction. Got 38mpg, if I remember right.

i have a 96 Civic Ex.
My uncle bought it new.
My mom got it in 2002 from him. Mom said if I fixed it I could have it when I was 16. So 2008 i turn 16, join hondatech forums and with advice from there knowing nothing about cars they guided me to the fuel pump which I got out of a junkyard civic for $14. Not to mention they have an access door so its super easy my mom was just dumb.

I still daily drive it to this day. It's a little more beat up. Wears tires pretty bad. Ihave tie rods, new quickstruts, and balljoints for it Ive had since April that ive been putting off.
Besides that it runs pretty good and still is a good beater. I should probably do timing belt soon i got it with 131k and Im at 255k right now.