Are poor people just retarded? How do you save them?

Are poor people just retarded? How do you save them?

EVERYONE I ever meet who is chronically poor and demands a higher wage absolutely refuses to manage their money in any way.

"This isn't a living wage! My life is hell!"

>gets $40 take out for three
>gets a couple of $50 cigarette cartons on the way home
>buys $20 of loot boxes in Overwatch
>starts planning expensive dinner when they get their next paycheck

"I'm barely making end's meet here!! Waaah!"

Seriously, I work at target and live pretty comfortably. What is everyone's fucking problem? why can't they stop spending money?

>I work at target and live pretty comfortably
the only difference between you and other poor people is how you choose to spend your meager earnings.

they could just as well ask why you're happy being poor, at least they don't like it. Anyways, the real problem is they realize they don't make shit so there's no point in trying to save.

you on the other hand probably operate under the mistaken assumption that a poor faggot might save his way out of poverty. Which isn't true but you'll understand that in another 20 years. Then you'll be one of the people you complain about.

If someone can blow through their paycheck on worthless shit instead of saving it, they can make ends meet and invest in their future. This is hands down a better option than just throwing your money away.

>the mistaken assumption that a poor faggot might save his way out of poverty

I know many people that could easily, 100% save their way out of poverty with just the slightest effort. I was describing them in my original post, one of them exactly. He literally has my same job and same apartment, but lives in hellish squalor while I live in comfort with a good bit of money saved up.

He blows his paycheck, gets continuously into debts of money and favor, and the cycle repeats like so many others.

I really think that simply saving your money is seriously underrated for the average man.

>This is hands down a better option than just throwing your money away.
depends how good your benefits for being poor are.

in the US you can currently count on free health insurance, retirement, food assistance, and maybe even some tax-free cash or housing. All of which you can't get if you have savings.

if you have no future to invest in it's better to enjoy the now. Like OP for instance. His target job doesn't have a future. He might save a few thousand bucks a year if he's living in mommy's basement, but that won't help him when his mom gets cancer and loses the house, or when his big box store inevitably succumbs to Amazon. Saving a little money is no substitute for going out and bettering himself to make more money later.

>I really think that simply saving your money is seriously underrated for the average man
then go with it and see where that gets you.

statistically you're most likely going to wind up just as poor as him later, you simply don't make enough money to matter. Meanwhile he's at least enjoying life.

but maybe you're right, who knows? Generally speaking rich people don't come from jobs at target though. Not without some pretty impressive accomplishments along the way.

i know a banker that gets almost 6k a month and complains about it not being enough while i lived on like 200 a month and had some saved up by the end of the month.

There's something seriously mysterious about them, not just the poor but everyone in the cities and 'civilized' areas.
As while i was a student i was able to save up enough dosh through the years and had 40k stashed, while almost everyone around me was almost one slip away from bankruptcy.

I know someone who quit their only job because they weren't getting as many hours temporarily, and no-showed instead of putting in a proper 2 week notice. He wishes he had work but at the same time doesn't regret quitting his old job.

I don't understand anyone who is willing to lose their source of income because that source wasn't "worth it." He still has no work after 3 months.

Quitting a job mid term and without completing your contract can be a resume suicide.

>I don't understand anyone who is willing to lose their source of income because that source wasn't "worth it."
meanwhile he's collecting welfare and your taxes are paying for it.

what's to understand?

>meanwhile he's collecting welfare and your taxes are paying for it.

>Are poor people just retarded? How do you save them?

>How do you save them?

Why would you? Poor people are either poor because of some mental condition, poor mindset (what you might call retarded) or bad mistakes in their past. Its not your job to save them.

Same thing happens here in Denmark. Some people get goverment handouts and spend most of it on different shitty consumer goods. If youre a single parent with 3 kids, without a job, you recieve around 3200 euros a month (AFTER taxes) in different services. Yet people still complain that they dont get enough while most of them smoke $8 dollar packs of cigarettes.

>Are poor people just retarded?
Yes
>How do you save them?
Put 10% off for four cartons, and some inexpensive alcohol on the side produced in Mexico. Make good bucks on them.

He lives with his folks still, he doesn't get welfare, and neither so they afaik.

then he's living off his parent's labor. A good gig until they keel over. But you can't really call that a poor person. He just has luxuries you apparently can't afford. Like not working. It happens.

What a loser, defeatist and consumerist attitude. There is absolutely nothing wrong for anyone in any income bracket to be saving and in fact theres a whole lot of right in doing so. Index funds a compound interest is a great thing. Yea ideally everyone should get a better job but to shit on anyone saving shows that spending money is one of the few things that makes you happy which is sad.

>Are poor people just retarded?
>I work at target

>or bad mistakes in their past
Such as not being a trust fund babby

Nice argument famelam

This rampant consumerism affects people of all walks of life. Lifestyle inflation is real and their are plenty of people making 6 figures who are in a ton of debt and are chained to their work because without they couldn't service their debt. It's a symptom of corprate-capitalism, people grow up so associated to brands that the brands become encorporate with their identity and they become slaves. Freedom in capitalism looks like critical thinking taught from a young age, no such thing as "too big to fail", and entrepreneurship. Anyone making 5 figures can retire in their 40s-50s if they save and invest. I started making the equivalent of 43k USD 2 years ago and could retire in less than 20 years if I wanted. You only need about 400k+ plus and you can then live on 4% of your invesnents without the principal diminishing. Add entrepreneurship into that mix and then you can be a millionaire by the time you're 50.

Many people just like to live as if they will never grow old.

>used to live with Dad until I was 24
>made a little more than him
>my Dad
>has $200 bill due in a week
>only has $150
>doesn't call me to ask for $50 (I would be glad to help him out since I don't pay rent and feel bad sometimes)
>blows $150 on stupid shit like a bearded dragon and cages that dies 2 weeks later because he doesn't take care of anything
>asks me for $200 to pay the bill

>meanwhile
>literally has thousands of dollars worth of junk in his yard
>goes to auctions every weekend
>has 17 lawn mowers
>4 snow blowers
>3 generators
>etc.
>why can't you just sell off 90% of this stuff you don't even use to pay off your debt
>"that's good stuff"
>"hey can I borrow $20 for gas I can't make it to work and I have no money"
>after spending the weekend traveling 3 hours to an auction and buying $200 worth of more junk

There was nothing I could do to fix him, so I just had to move out. He ended up finding some insecure landwhale with disability checks to leech off of.

Your dad is a hoarder and had mental issues. You need to seek help for him,

it's a symbol of human beings being a bunch of short-sighted, weak-minded faggots.

*symptom

Let the poor be poor
Buy stocks and the poor will make you richer

The most retarded thing here is buying a loot box in overwatch.