You are now in charge of designing and executing the new GT

You are now in charge of designing and executing the new GT.

What do you do differently? powerplant, pricing, transmission and anything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

performanceparts.ford.com/download/pdfs/EngineDimensions.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing it's perfect.

Yeah me too. I think the whole construction apart from all the shit people say, I think overall it was a perfect car. It was purely built to race and that's it.

Replace ecoshit with a modern aluminum block 427 cammer. Supercharger or twin turbo as options. Manual only. Redesign the back a little.

LS swap

>modern aluminum block 427
that was my first thought too
but if they want to keep racing at le mans they'd have to bring it down to a 5.5L so instead they should go with a coyote based 302/5.0 with twin turbos
they'd get that v8 sound back
they could use it as a selling point for the mustang, it shares an engine with the le mans racer
their 68 and 69 gt40s ran 302s

3cyl Ecoboost
Starting price $30,000

This. People shit on it way to much for not having a v8. A v8 is not the point of the 2017 ford gt it was built for endurance racing and to get around tracks the quickest. I also think it was for ford marketing to show how good the ecoboost 3.5l is and they've done it.

>I also think it was for ford marketing to show how good the ecoboost 3.5l is and they've done it
If they wanted to do that they should've went as far as the Raptor and stopped. the terrible fuel economy in comparison to its larger displacement heavier higher cylinder count rivals already shows a weakness in this engine's design and that it probably wasn't cut out for this and they are pushing it.

I'm not sure why they even care about Motorsports anymore. its all gone so far downhill with Regulations castrating the cars badly. LMP1 Le mans is so retarded with its regulations and rules barely anyone even wants to participate and its only going to get worse 2019 or 2020 onward.

IMO i think they should've just ignored Motorsports like POrsche/Ferrari/Mclaren did when making the P1 918 LaFerrari. its a limited product anyway and GT Racing should be for continuous production staple sports cars as oppose to ambitious one off projects when it seems modern Motorsports want to kill ambition anyway.

no flying butresses
tt v8
manual with dct as very expensive option

id buy that. ford desperately needs a sports car that's not on the mustang platform.

>Ford QT

They did fuck the Ford GT in IMSA and Lemans it used to weigh less than some cars and now it's the heaviest in it's class and they cut the boost on it. Most v8's do have better fuel economy than twin turbo v6's. They have been making this v6 since the late 1990's there is no problem with it. V6's are usually better on tracks any relevant series like F1, indycar and IMSA are either all v6's or switching to v6's because the power can be made with v6's and there better for balance than v8's.

Work harder and finally develop a direct-injected Modular. Premier it on the GT, in twinturbo form, using all the Voodoo goodies of course. Ask 100K more.

Then, during the final years of production, make 100 of them with a manual gearbox, call it the GT RS or some shit, and ask 200K extra.

If the marketeers wanted an Ecoboost engine in there so badly, they should have developed an Ecoboost V8 for the road cars, it'd be the perfect trickle-down tech for all of Ford's road cars, which is one of the essential qualities of a halo car.

The racecar should remain a V6 though, to be competetive. Just sell the road car as ''now we don't have regulations, we'll even add two cylinders''.

They can't make a turbo 5.5 DOHC though, that's just regulations for n/a pushrod motors. That would defeat the point of having the GT as an Ecoboost marketing machine.

If Ford could run a twinturbo V8 in endurance racing, they would have done so. Without the extensive regulations, the V6 would have quickly gone out the window.

Why has the car industry stopped making fun little cheap mid or even front engined cars
I mean the advancements in production combined with the million parts someone like ford or gm makes should give them a possibility to make a fun little sports car for cheap
And its not like that concept is dead I mean look at the toybaru and newest miata those are everywhere so there is definitely a market for them
Hell even the multi expensive alfa 4c was kind of a success
Why did the concept of fun inexpensive 2 seater have to die

I honestly think Ford could have a V6 GT race car and a V8 GT road car. They're miles apart anyways.

>manual with dct as very expensive option
No, the other way around (if you actually want to make money).

>They have been making this v6 since the late 1990's there is no problem with it
Confirmed for not knowing shit about Ford engines.

>V6's are usually better on tracks any relevant series like F1, indycar and IMSA
All of which are regulated to hell, making them completely irrelevant to pure motorsports.

>are either all v6's or switching to v6's because the rules say so
Ftfy.

>Confirmed for not knowing shit about Ford engines
The ecoboost 3.5 and cyclone 3.7 are based of the 3.0 duratec made in 1993.

Literally nothing between them interchanges. Look at the valvetrains, and they're not even similar. Look at the bore/bore spacing/cranks, and they're not even close in terms of dimensions.

They're fundementally different engines.

Just because bore is different doesnt mean its not the same engine

No shit it's the same design just larger parts. They have made incremental changes to the design but thats just what manufactures do.

Every. Single. Dimension. Is different.

performanceparts.ford.com/download/pdfs/EngineDimensions.pdf

>The same design
Take the valve covers off the two, and tell me all the similarities you can see. The ''incremental'' chages between the Duratec and Cyclone are about as big as the incremental changes between the M10 and M12.

Ewwww yuck

>No hybrid motor
>No flying buttresses, instead give it the r8 >treatment (massive side vents)
>Kewl aero package like pic related
>V10
>No ecoboost
>Manual only (auto upon request)
There we go

downsize the lights and you've got a winner

you forgot red white and blue racing stripe option

Short block is the same