If i live in a bad area, should i just leave my car unlocked?

If i live in a bad area, should i just leave my car unlocked?

someone used a rock to smash my window about 3 years ago while i was living in a different apartment, i recently moved into a slightly worse area and im considering just leaving my car unlocked and just not ever having anything in it. im fine with them hopping in it as long as they don't fuck it up, i just dont want to pay for another window

They are going to fuck it up anyways nigger, either by removing interior panels, or stealing your steering wheel or shift knob (which is way easier than it seems).

If you leave car locked:
>someone MIGHT smash your window to get in
If you leave car unlocked:
>Car gets stolen
>Stereo/components get stolen
>Welfare-dweller shits/pisses in car as a joke
>Homeless person claims it as a shelter
>Windows get smashed anyway

Not to mention the unlocked ones would happen more often as basketball enthusiasts literally walk around parking lots looking for unlocked cars. So would you rather pay for a new window maybe once every 3 years or pay for a new interior and glass anyway, or possibly have to buy a new car? Best advice I can give is get a "smile you're on camera" sticker on your window to scare off the creatures of the night.

Just get a shitty car that looks like it'd be waste of time to break into.

ALSO complain to your landlord about lack of security if it is really bad. Even the lowest tier apartments have money to install non-functioning cameras as thats the first thing every tenant contacts them about

SATAN!!!

just move away from the morlocks

thats pretty much what my car is, 2001 honda accord that's been in like 6 accidents (bondoed/unpainted pieces, wrong color fender, mismatched wheels, etc, no radio, etc.)

>Even the lowest tier apartments have money to install non-functioning cameras as thats the first thing every tenant contacts them about

well at my old place they did have shitty cameras. i have the video of my window being smashed but that didnt really do anything for me i have comprehensive insurance so i had to pay the deductible either way for the new glass

>If i live in a bad area, should i just leave my car unlocked?
Hell no. And do not admit to your insurance that you deliberately leave it unlocked. They will quote it against you when denying your insurance BECAUSE you are to perform due diligence in protecting the property.

Many parking lots have dindu that go thru trying door latches. If unlocked, they will go in and then work on the car to take something out. Even if they have to slash your dash to expose the pocket where the airbag is located.

Sure, it sucks that criminals have you on the run.

>If i live in a bad area, should i just leave my car unlocked?
If the area has block watch, then find out why it is inactive. Some areas can try, but the dindu criminals find out who the main people are and vandalize the shit out of their cars and homes until they stop all block watch activities. Dindu hate all forms of police and those who cooperate with police to make a safer society. The rule of the jungle seems to be how they actually behave despite their verbal demands for jobs and social order.

Start looking up ways to complain more effectively. Low rent Apartment landlords don't do anything unless there is pressure on them such as negative PR pressure especially with their name on it. Of course, you can't go complain to the manager ahead of time if you are doing this. Otherwise, if some sort of anti-crime publicity occurs, the manager will blame it on you. That's just how apt managers/owners are. In my experience, the number of owners and managers that genuinely care is rare. They all talk, but few will actually walk their talk.

>1st world country

>1st world country
With lots of diversity from mexico and africa.

Even more come from further down south than Mexico

>Low rent Apartment landlords don't do anything

Fucking this. I'd swear the apartment at the bottom of my street has no fucking landlord. It's a mix of white trash who never seem to work and are always outside blasting music and drinking beer all day every from 8a-8p every day while their kids run around being loud as fuck and niggers who always seem to be screaming about something and probably beating the shit out of their gf/hoes. It's not the first time I've heard fighting down there. I think that apartment is section 8 but I'm not entirely sure. Sure there's lots of domestic violence and everyone is loud as shit but no car break-ins and while they may be annoying people just kinda keep to themselves and tend to leave us alone so there's that going for us.

I love rainy days and winter because that's the only time my street is fucking quiet

>more come from further south than Mexico
The border between mexico and the usa is so porous that for a lot of illegal immigrants, the main problem is getting into mexico and traveling thru it.

I just leave my car unlocked because there's nothing in it worth stealing and it's a compact SUV with a 5-speed MT so I don't think any thief would want it anyway.

I've never locked My car in my city, it's been 12 years and i leave my wallet in there as well in my driveway. Except some fucking niggers drove thru my town and decided to kill eachother in a carls jr or some shit. Fucking chimps. Now i lock my door

>Windows get smashed anyway
This is what happens in my city (SF). Why bother checking locks when busting into cars has been decriminalized.

sometimes i wish a terrible accident involving a gas tanker and fire would just obliterate entire neighborhoods full of low iq trash

The one good, and bad thing is that turnover tends to be pretty high. If you have shitty neighbors they'll usually be gone within a year, but on the flip side whoever moves in might be worse. I find people go in and out of these apartments like a revolving door. A year or two ago there used to be a guy down at those apartments that had a motorcycle. The fucking loudest shit on the face of the planet. Every day, rain or shine, summer or winter he'd fire up his bike at like 6:30am and let it idle for like 20 minutes. It was loud as fuck you heard every single sputter even with the windows closed and AC on. Then when he was ready to leave he'd rev it a few times like an asshole and take off. Wouldn't be back to till 10 or 11 at night, you'd hear the bike roar in. I worked in the mornings and I was trying to get that last hour or two of sleep when he'd start his bike. Fucking hated that shit. I think he was probably Hell's Angels or Outlaws or something.

Then he left, it was quiet for awhile and the nigger at the next apartment up (directly below our yard) got one of them Jap bikes and it was arguably even worse. Fortunately I'm pretty sure he ruined it somehow because I had stopped hearing it for awhile and when I eventually did catch a glimpse of it one day it was all scratched up. I didn't get a good view of the damage though. It was around that time though that I saw him get into a fight with his presumably ex-girlfriend and push her down the stairs, 11am this happened. Almost called the cops but then it ended pretty abruptly so I just said fuck it. They're gonna come, ask some questions and leave without doing anything so what's the point? That one's another one that doesn't seem to have a job.

I will say the Hispanic family below them is cool as fuck though. They've lived there for a long time now and there's never any trouble from them. They're quiet, the family works the kids go to school. No complaints at all. Everyone else is terrible though.

>Why bother checking locks when busting into cars has been decriminalized.
It's racist to keep arresting people for busting car windows! It doesn't take much to get the liberal government to be anti-racism. BLM has been trying to persuade city leaders here to decriminalize a bunch of things too because criminal records for theft and beating people up stop blacks from getting employment.

>I've never locked My car in my city, it's been 12 years and i leave my wallet in there as well in my driveway.
I lived in SoCal before gaining education and moving up north to an engineering job. I live in an HOA and the crime differences outside and inside the HOA are huge. But we have effective walls that cannot be climbed since like all good places, 10 feet wide brambles stop them. The extra property devoted to security costs money so the dues to live there are higher of course. But the peace has been worth it since the HOA officers are all retirees with plenty of time on their hands and they grew up in a time when criminals were thought to be a bad thing and not something to be coddled.