Why does Veeky Forums hate us? ;_;

Why does Veeky Forums hate us? ;_;

Cause they anus.

I only hate everything after the blob eye

shit reliability

Because they can't drive, don't know fuck all about them, spew memes from 2006, claim its slow based on nothing, claim it understeers only proves they've never driven nor know how to make a car oversteer

Then they'll call awd a meme, what ever the fuck that means because they're unoriginal shitters that can't come up with a real reason why they dislike it so they just devolve to the least effort thing possible

stay strong brother

>pic related

>least effort thing possible

Thanks for proving my point

i always wanted one of these. and i thought about getting one of these about 3 or 4 months ago.
so i test drove a brand new STI.

it was complete shit compared to my car for the same price as my car.

pros:
handles good
i'm sure awd is good in a rally race
shifter felt good
fuel economy?

cons:
tiny engine
takes too many revs to make power
not really that fast
lightweight clutch, could barely feel it
interior was cheap and uncomfortable
loud in all the wrong ways (road and wind noise)
too expensive

bottom line, the car is too expensive and takes too much effort to drive it for the performance you get back out of it.

i was quite happy to get back into my own car (pic related) after the test drive and no longer want a subaru.

I had a 2002 wrx for around 5 years and all of these are true.

pic related

My wife has an 06 5spd base model legacy that I enjoy much more than my old wrx.

Thanks for being a triggered subaru vape faggot.

Or I can get a better car for cheaper ALL while not looking like a virgin.

Nice one you meme loving fuck

I got a 2018 wrx and I've been enjoying it so far. According to Subaru they've cut down on road noise with added I insulation and stuff but I don't really notice it's about as loud as my 2011 civic was. People had complained about Rev hang in the past with the 15 16 and 17 wrx but it seems to be non existent on the 2018 so it's a lot easier to drive now especially when changing gears quickly. There isn't any turbo lag like the sti still has which is great because you don't start off sluggish then suddenly a rush of acceleration. I suppose you could fix this with some anti lag upgrades but it doesn't come with any. The awd really helps me because living in Northern New York is hell and I hate suv vehicles so I'm glad these things are available. I'm probably gonna take off my summer tires when the first snow fall hits then replace them with some steelies and good winter tires.

I have no gripes with the car so far and I've put about 4k on it without any issues. Coming up on its first oil change so I'll see how that goes.

When buying new get one where the car has virtually no miles, don't take on any test drive car that has even 80 miles I guarantee you some faggot racer kid has run the fuck out of it prematurely. Dealership tried to push it on me and I refused saying I wanted brand new as in fucking brand new not pretty much new. Buying used is going to be really tough as trying to figure out if someone has beat on their car is neigh impossible. What you can do is look for ones that are completely stock, hopefully that's your best indication it wasn't hurt that bad by mods or tunes

Because Subarus are for faggots.

I've always liked Subies and I had no idea they have such a bad rep in the car world.

Fucking nerds.

The only faggot is you, buddy

>I had no idea they have such a bad rep in the car world.

you do not belong here

Because mainly idiots drive them, in the US at least. They have almost no bad rep in Europe.

you sound like shit without EL headers
youre uglier than the EVO
slower than the EVO
worse pretty mach everything compared to the EVO
your fan base is awful

Evo fanbase is just as bad dummy, I like how you try to leave out the glass transmission EVO'S have. UEL headers are great!

*vapes in your direction*
Nothing personnel kid

>youre uglier than the EVO
Woah Nelly.

this is a thread about why I dont like Imprezas not a complete comparison to EVOs

not like Imprezas are known for strong transmissions either tho

>UEL headers are great!

gross

I still fucks with the GC tho

STI 6spd is godtier tranny

This

The only idiots who ever complained about head gasket failure were kids who bought an sti, drove the every loving fuck out of it then when it broke under the raw abuse they claim Subaru made a bad engine. Never mind the awful tunes, shitty mods with said tunes and a bunch of retards circle jerking over their dogshit lead to this. Same with glass transmissions, a bunch of kids shifting like shit and doing everything to abuse it then cried that Subaru made a bad transmission, no it totally couldn't be your inane desire to clutch dump and slam shift at every red light.

Today it's a bunch of memes surrounding this old ass "issue"

So as long as you don't abuse your car, it shouldn't fail as often as people like to claim?

you drive slow. Fast STI drivers are unicorns, I haven't seen one in my entire driving life.

>my car doesn't break as often if I don't treat it like shit

Really? is it that bad?

some people say it's had some others say it's great. which side is memeing?

So a 3000GT isn't as bad as people claim? It was just because people didn't take care of them? If I take good care of it, it'll be ok, right?

It's a meme. Faggot probably drives like shit and blames all his problems on Subaru

Different company all together so Idk about the 3000gt

With Subaru every "documented" case yields a bunch of retards and their shit tunes and shit driving habits killing their cars and blaming Subaru for it. Look at nasioc forums, you'll see tons of boiracers whining about their 2015 Subaru engines blowing up, blaming Subaru then later you find out "oh yes I was trying to push 20psi on stock internals and I used a cobb tuner

I just want someone to tell me it'll be ok

It'll be ok

this. there really isn't anything wrong with subaru.

>fuel economy?

Lmao a v8 is more efficient

>if I call everything a meme, it means it isnt true
: The Thread

>if somebody makes a statement it must be true!
>I'll let everyone know about my new found knowledge on Subarus

>If I repeat the same thing over and over it makes it true: The Post

Okay I'll tell you. I test drove a wrx and sti land thought they were completely trash. Fisher Price interior, rattles like crazy shifter was very nice, small engine shit fuel economy, tarbo apooled up next to redline, ancient ass engine, road noise wind noise was atrocious.

Hated it ended up with a gti feels significantly more refined from shit subaru

shitty fanbase
>stancefags
>vapefags
>boxerfags
>literally fags

yall buncha faggot ass niggas

>gti
>significantly more refined
Lmao so hard

economy ain't that bad, i get 9l per 100 km on highway and 12-13 in city driving, 15 when i go like madman(06 STI). Also, i have fully forged engine and pushing around 400 whp so yeah... eurofag here

Every car can fall into the same good, the bad, and the ugly reputation.

Impreza is no different, as with a Civic, a EVO, a 350z etc.

Having owned nearly one of every popular shitbox Japanese car, and know other owners of said cars, they can all be good and shit fan bases.

Subaru is just another brand.

The same reason people hate honda, its just the popular thing to do while riding the bus.

>silver wagon with gold wheels
>those clear turns
unf

I just wish Subaru would get off their asses and design a new engine for the damn thing, with the demise of the Evo, they've gotten extremely lazy lately. Other than that, I like STIs despite the whole vaping boiracer fanbase, but I'm impartial because my first car was an 2005 Outback, had a ton of fun in that car.

They already did doofus, it's called the FA. It will be on next Gen sti for sure.

>Hated it ended up with a gti feels significantly more refined from shit subaru

VAG produces some of the least refined cars in the world, overly complicated "engineering" coupled with lackluster interiors.

>T. A4 Owner with a Brother that has a GTI

Not him but it shouldn't take this long to port the FA engine to the STI.

what are those lips on the hatch?

It should, they're experimenting and taking all measures for a good reliable engine. More competitive now with Focus RS in states. Later thing Subaru wants is engine problems detering everyone to the RS

Subarus are fine. The internet and roads are full of retards.

>reasonable post
>uses brain to think
>content of post is ignored
You deserve better m8

>competitive with Focus RS
>the STI is faster and at most costs like 2k more.
>not thinking it needs to compete with the Type R, which is faster and costs roughly the same

The type r is aimed at high school kids though. They have a different target market.

Type r is very new and heavily taxed, not many ricers are taking the bait

I wish I went to your high school if they can afford 30k cars.
It's only new stateside. Anybody who knows JDM at all knows it's a good design.

>Anybody who knows JDM at all knows it's a good design
But it's nothing like last one right? Completely new engine and such? Seems to turn everyone off spending that much on a FWD, you'd think Honda would come up with some sort of awd system but who knows...

People have said the same about the Yugo GV.

They were factory options. Most Impreza Outback sports had the one or the other hatch spoilers.

Previous owner of my Wagon sourced the JDM GF8 hatch and tail lights and shaved the emblems. They latter I wish he didn't.

Literally every good car is hated on Veeky Forums.

WRX, Mustang, 86, Fiesta ST, Camaro, GTI, Type R, whatever. The only cars that are immune from this shit are the irrelevant (and therefore the actually bad) ones.

Why would you call it a subie when there's no ie sound in Subaru

Nobody hates mr2s except cummy

neat. how hard would they be to attach to a stock hatch?

anybody have an FMU?

AW11s and SW20s are ugly

>generic zero talent 80s design wedge
>generic zero talent 90s blob Ferrari ripoff

cant be helped

(You)

The top is a bolt on. Lower requires drilling mount holes.

cool. thanks for the info

>cheap
>safe
>practical
>fast
>holds value better than almost anything

Its the best car out there.

Pro-LGBT for me.