Just how hard to control are powerful rwd cars...

Just how hard to control are powerful rwd cars? My mom and stepdad went on vacation and he left me the keys for his 2016 Mustang, I want to take it for a spin but I've only driven 150hp FWD cars until now and I'm afraid of crashing it. It is safe as long I'm on a straight line right? I'm not going to fishtail as soon I get on the gas right?

Pic semi-related, a friend's Fiesta ST is the fastest car I've driven.

This is the most Veeky Forums post I've seen in quite some time

Ur gona die

>beso

REMOVE TACO

just don't take it near any crowded places

Just make sure to have your buds film you with their dashcams so you can have your five second of fame in a webm compilation on yt.

Take it somewhere quiet until you get used to it, stop being a fag and asking Veeky Forums, just try it for yourself.

You should find a big empty parking lot and find your limits and get used to the rwd driving characteristics

just leave traction control on as long you dont do anything stupid most modern cars can be driven by anyone and after the corvair no one is going to make a car with a lot of oversteer.

Just don't floor it off the line or give too much throttle through the corners. However, don't let off the throttle through the corners. This is the cause 90% of the time that people spin out. If you're on the gas going into the corner, when you let off the weight of the car shifts to the front and this can make you spin.

Constant low throttle through the corners. Ease into the gas everywhere else. Let the tires hook before you give it more power than you have traction.

>Let the tires hook
what that means?

how about dont drive at the limit on the street.
this is all fine advice but you shouldnt be going fast enough in someone elses car for this to matter

Do whatever you want. Vehicles are one of the last ways we have to wees out the gene pool

>Just how hard to control are powerful rwd cars?
It's not hard at all as long as you don't drive like a moron. Go the speed limit until you get a feel for the car and you'll be fine.

Im driving both RWD and FWD myself.
FWD cars are extremely tolerant and stable so harsh and wrong driver input is easily corrected.

A powerful RWD car will punish you faster than you realize. The key with RWD is smooth input in steering, throttle and brake. Start off slowly and ease into it.

Holy fuck you're a pussy.

All REAL vehicles are rear wheel drive. FWD cars are for old people and women. Cut your balls off, OP.

Granted it's not as powerful as a 2016, but I was pretty disappointed when I bought a 2004 GT after owning a Miata. With all the Veeky Forums Mustang memes I was expecting some powersliding, tailhappy pedestrian killer.

In reality it's just comfortably powerful. Gets to 60 quicker than my Miata, and will pass easily on the highway. Only chirps the tires by accident if I let off the clutch too fast from a stop or floor it in a corner in low gear.

Oh, the one meme that is true is that it handles like a garbage truck.

tl;dr: It's fine, just don't drive like a retard.

Gain traction.

>it handles like a garbage truck.
as a garbage truck driver, I feel offended

I disagree.
FWD will never be able to beat RWD at ridiculous 1/4 mile times or land speed records, but modern FWD cars are pretty good.
t. dailies a RWD car but has fun with both.

>after the corvair no one is going to make a car with a lot of oversteer.
except crown victorias with the T/C off
seriously what the fuck was ford thinking with that shit, i'm thinking they put the T/C switch in the glovebox specifically so cops couldn't find it and crash them more

I mean they're "pretty good" in the sense that they handle so "well" that you can never get them to actually DO anything fun. You're not drifting around corners or pulling hektik skidz in a FWD piece of shit.

Eh, I don't really drift.
They are just as fun in the twisties, though.

You will be fine with traction control but it won't save you from doing something stupid. You can still spin wheels with TCS but it chops the throttle down when you do. Find an open area crank the wheel one way turn off tcs give it gas and remember to let off to get a feel for the grip the rear tires have.

If you turn off stability control you can actually lose control by trying to accelerate quickly in a straight line.

Don't turn stability control off. That's really all there is to it.