Has anyone done a mexican-style oil change? I mean, driving over a curb instead of using jacks or ramps

Has anyone done a mexican-style oil change? I mean, driving over a curb instead of using jacks or ramps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40uXBi5Rvzk
youtu.be/jBqtQjJqSQw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No because I'm not a dirty illegal

I'm broke as fuck and haven't changed my oil in a while. I need every dollar I can save.

I'm also too autistic to ask a garage to lend me their stuff.

I do it quite often. I have a jack and car stands but doing it Mexican style is a lot quicker. Obviously works a lot easier if your car isn't lowered

>being so fat you can't get under it as it sits normally
lmao

yes, but it depends entirely on where your oil filter and drain plug are located. In some situations it may make the oil change take longer than if it was on flat ground.
shit nigga my car has 14 inch wheels I've had particularly musky farts that wouldn't fit under that clearance

many streets in the south don't even have curbs because
>muh rural heritage

>he doesn't have a pit in his garage so he can comfortably stand under his car

*tips cowboy boot*

>he digs a hole in his garage instead of installing a lift

It seems pretty accessible looking at this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=40uXBi5Rvzk

Go buy a jack from Walmart, use it, then return it when you're done.

I can't drive up a curb without fucking my bumper. Can't even use a lopro jack without driving on to wood blocks.
>Mfw I just bought a second jack, now I jack up one side then jack from the center
>Mfw its so much easier

Did your car not have a jack with the spare tire that you can use? Not sure if its big enough for what you wanna do, depends a lot on the vehicle.

>trusting a scissor jack with your life
those things fall over if you blow on them the wrong way, fuck that

>Did your car not have a jack with the spare tire that you can use?

never fucking use these for anything but changing a goddamn tire.

Plebs, I can do oil and filter on my car without jacking it up... Subaru life.

Pleb, I can change my spark plugs without taking my engine out... Nonshitbaru life

No, I'm a European, we can afford to do things properly.

youtu.be/jBqtQjJqSQw

>Yuropoor
>Doing anything properly
Pick one

>he wants to work on his shitbox knowing there is a chance it may fall on him

I use them all the time but I collect truck jacks for the purpose (and for all sorts of jobs from welding positioner to lifting motorcycles for tire changes).

Put your spare or much better, a used bare aluiminum rim under your vehicle for safety. Rims don't tip, sink or wobble. 4x4 and larger wood blocks are worth collecting too.

Chevrolet truck pantograph (incorrectly called scissors) and Ford screw jacks are good.

>the place where he buys oil doesn't change it for him

Yes and when I'm in Baja I just drain the oil on the dirt and the locals thank me because it keeps the dust down.

I tried but the curb was too low to get my body under the car and reach the undercarriage cover screws and I didn't have any wood blocks to raise the car further.

Taking it to the shop this afternoon. RIP.

>letting some underpaid monkey lay tools on your car's sensitive engine components

kek you literally use two jacks every time? How is that efficient? Low profile jacks are designed to lift the lowest cars out there, are you a stance fag or something?

Car is too low to go over the curb, truck is tall enough I don't need a curb or jacks.

lol thats pretty clever. got rhino ramps for free tho, also I'm not poor. If my neighbors saw me doing that I'd never hear the end of it, probably get an HoA fee somehow.

>t. yuropoor

I can sit up beneath my pickup. I've still done it though because can

Oil change shops will literally do it at the same cost as you going to advance and doing it.

The benefit of changing it yourself is that you won't one of those tards double seal, or air ratchet the oil drain back on.

>Be lube """""technician""""" circa 2017
>Car comes in for the ol' spill and fill at 5:45
>Shop closes at 6:00
>Take 5 minutes to set car up on lift
>Finally get the pads positioned perfectly on the floor pans and bodywork
>As unwitting customer writes a check for what he believes is a comprehensive inspection and oil system maintenance, you're spraying out his old filter with brakleen and screwing it back on
>Torque filter down to ~150 foot pounds, forgot to scrape old gasket off
>5:55
>Grab drain plug and nearest tool
>It's a half inch gun
>Fuck it, smash the drain plug against the hole and squeeze the trigger
>Plug goes in sideways and shears threads out of pan
>Smear silicone over it and drive it around front
>Have to turn back halfway, forgot to add oil (lol)
>Go home and jack off to Doug demuro vids and "toolbox tour" videos on YouTube

>tracy
that explains everything

mexican here

why is it called mexican-style

curbs here in mexico are nowherre near that tall

wouldnt that also fuck up your suspension?

Unless you live in an area with old sunken pavement, where are the curbs so low that your car sits level while doing this?

I'm Mexican too and I have never seen this where I live. What does he mean by this?

It's called Mexican style because when you drive the car up onto the curb your average Mexican can stand under it

Nah, suspension should be fine.

Look for a Jiffy Lube coupon, they still do $25 oil changes with the coupon. Can't do it cheaper yourself.

Lol holy fuck for real

>He buys cheap Chinese parts

I thought about doing it today because i couldnt be fucked taking the front bumper off my car to drive it on the ramps but then i drank my coffee and did it the right way.