I've been looking a crate engines recently. Any good cheap suppliers? Im in America and "LS" is a very broad term...

I've been looking a crate engines recently. Any good cheap suppliers? Im in America and "LS" is a very broad term. From 6000 to 1500. I've been looking at the 350/290 SBC. Thoughts?

290? Don't even bother with that shit. 350s have a lot of potential and are easy to work on. They're also a good bit cheaper than an LS

I did 350/290 in my 1976 Monte Carlo instantly wanted more power don't even mess around get something bigger

Any recommendations? Im retarded when it comes to what to choose.

GM dealerships sometimes have sales and you'd get a warranty. Get whatever your budget allows. You might be able to pick up one in Canada and take advantage of the shitty dollar.

What's the engine even going into?

Get a LS3. More displacement than a 350, lighter and stronger.

>ls
>good
They're as good as trump. and trump is shit lmaooooo. so in other words they're trash

I've been looking at some junkyard cars and thought a sbc would fit in some of them. Im just looking and seeing though.

>sbc
doesn't exist lol

If the car or truck doesn't have a SBC in it already. It's not going to just bolt right in.

Charlottesville was destroyed?

yep. with racist white nationalists beating up blacks

get a ford modular 4.6, search for a lincoln teksid block

it is superior to every single GM engine ever made

4.6 Dohc is shit without putting ridiculous amounts of money into it. It's also physically bigger and won't fit in as many cars.

>cobra 4.6 made 500 with just a tune and pulley

sperg more GM cuck

hey sovi

Most of the junkyard had old chevys with bad engines.

Might be more fun to rebuild the existing engine than getting a shiny new one that'll cost more and put down only a little more power.

Less problems to come up though. Fix something then another thing pops uo. I guess thats the fun in it though.

yo

if your looking for a carbureted crate motor then the GM ZZ4 crate motor from GM is a good bang for the buck. you can also check out summit racing and pick up a 30k race motor.

>instantly wanted more power
Go 8+ liters or go home.