Help me convince my dad to not get this POS

ok so my dad is a fuckin badgewhore and there's nothing i can do about it. he wants to get a luxury SUV and has told me that he is considering this boxy looking piece of trash but i won't let him fall for the british meme.

what other cars like this would you recommend?

>inb4 cayenne,
dum dum says its too "harsh" and stiff"

>inb4 q7
thinks its trash

>inb4 american """"""SUVs""""""

i was thinking lexus, mercedes or at least a bmw X5 at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xMSI0mEyGk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i meant we do't like audis at all, not jus the Q7

I don't mind the new FJ Cruiser.

But seriously, new SUVs kind of suck. Crossovers have taken over the market and you can't get anything but a V6.

Why not be happy that your old man is pulling down that kind of bread. Maybe he knows better than you how to roll.

Yea i actually don't mind him getting the rover, but they tend to break down a lot and i don't want him getting fucked over on maintenance costs since he is not much of a car dude.
That's what i was thinking lexus, porsche or bmw

thats the 80's and 90's ones, they are fairly reliable these days.
800m craig

Look at infiniti or acura

they are the best luxury SUVs, tell him to go for it.

you just described my dad

he ended up getting one of these and he loves it. trail teams edition

f pace

Just get an Acura MDX.

OP asks for luxury SUVs and you recommend this Fisher Price looking fake jeep? Come on now.

I'm curious how the Lexus LXs drive. They're fucking massive in person. I would assume it's the same platform as Land Cruiser but interior looks pretty nice. They're like $20k more than an Escalade

Introduce him to Doug Demuro's segment on Land Rover.

I know first hand the Landcruisers they're based on drive fantastic.

let him buy what he wants, he probably worked hard to be able to afford an expensive car.

So what honda is that for non burgers

>Volvo CX90
>Any Land Rover
>Tell him he's a retard for hating the Q7
>Cayenne is fugly but good. Overall good. Really good actually. The Macan is great too, but smaller.
>Merc E-class
>Peugeot 3008, kinda small and FWD only (for now) but brilliant ride and interior. Will not handle terrain though
>Kadjar, built on the Qashqai but larger and better interior. Get the diesel. Rides very well

but my pick would be:
>Range Rover Evoque.

>I would assume it's the same platform as Land Cruiser
LX570/LX450d are literally Land Cruiser 200 with slightly different body panels and a more luxurious interior. Previous-gen LXs didn't even have different panels.

His dad thinks Cayenne is "harsh and stiff" and you're suggesting FJ Cruiser?

let him buy what he wants faggot, who are you, his wife?

heh

Get a Ford Flex with the good engine and then tune it:

youtube.com/watch?v=xMSI0mEyGk4

> i don't want him getting fucked over on maintenance costs
>BMW
>P O R S C H E
Newer Rovers are light years ahead of Porsche and Beemer SUV's for reliability these days. If he was getting an 01' I'd say yeah don't do it, but the newer ones are a lot better.

Evoque looks like absolute shit though

Nothing wrong with land rovers but since you're a faggot tell him to look at jaguar f-pace/ infiniti qx80/ lexus lx

XC90 is very nice. If you don't want something as big look at the 60. Personally I like the new LR Velar.

>preferring a fucking bmw x5 of all things
Let your dad handle it. He has at least better taste than yours.

mreeeeruurrrpppp I'm retarted

It's a luxury Pilot, whatever that would be in commieland

Show him the cost of transmission repair and replacement. Then show him reliability reports on that pile of shit.

If he doesn't run after that your dad is a faggot or has more money than sense

>$80,000.00
>looks like this

Good god, what happened? I know musky gives fuckall about cars, but still.

>has money
Well that can easily be ruled out. Op never specified the year, but buying an out of warranty RR is dumb.

>British
Remind him that its POO IN LOO indian now.

it isn't a meme, the range rover is literally unbeatable for luxury suv, plus it can actually go offroad.

NIGGA HOW BOUT YOU STOP HATIN ON YOUR POPS AND WORRY BOUT YO RUSTY ASS 3K HONDA HATIN ASS NIGGA

let him get it and let him suffer, then you can say you warned him

>dum dum says its too "harsh" and stiff"
Weird reasons for not liking a girl car