Car manufacturers are beginning to phase out CD players

>car manufacturers are beginning to phase out CD players

fuck millennials and their phone bullshit

>his car doesn't have an 8 track

Physical Media will reign victorious. If you lose a CD, it's one disk, maybe 10 or 15 songs. But if you lose your iphone 12 nike flyair Jordan edition you lose your phone, pda, 1000+ songs, and more angrily, a parenting crutch because "oh let's not parent like normal people let's just throw little timmy in front of the phone for a few hours so he will shut up"

But my girl has a brand new car. It looks like a Jaguar, it's got leather seats and a CD player.
I don't think it's really happening opie

a device holding like 1000+ songs > 70+ CDs with 15 songs on them each

Honestly the era of no cassette anymore, CD standard but no aux or bluetooth yet is by far the worst for music transmission. Not a single adapter, you have to burn every album onto a disc one by one.

Um Grandpa? You know cars are getting 4g LTE built in now right?

Just buy a flash drive nigga Lmao

>His center console doesn't store up to 1tb of microSD cards

>his center console can only hold two of these cards

USB stick, and even better, SD card players existed for atleast a decade now

I'm very paranoid about holding a lot of Data on these things because fuck if you drop it and it falls between the crack of something or you accidentally break it. i wish i could store music on Blu Rays and have my car read those.

Blu Ray disc are pretty damn durable and a lot harder to lose.

>fuck if you drop it and it falls between the crack of something or you accidentally break it
Wow you just lost $5.

>he doesn't stream limitless terabytes of media from his home server
Enjoy carting about a load of shite you can break or lose I guess?

>buying new cars

>buying cars

My ride has free wifi so I can listed to all my Justin bieber and lady gaga.

It's all in the cloud, grandpa. I have all the music, all the time.

>cd players
>not cd changers
Please

I just stream my skinhead music from youtube

Are u czech?

I'm from the almost South

Isn't "Normal parenting" to place them in front of the TV

Why would you ever want a CD player in your radio?

>Wow you just lost $5.

A 512GB card is easily $100 or above right now.

Also, implying you had a library of files that large, you also just lost hours of watching progress bars on Windows as you copied all your files to the card.

My car doesn't have a CD player and it sucks. I just want to listen to my damn CDs that I bought.
Now I know how those old farts with the tapes felt

Rip them to a fucking USB drive you little punk.

First of all
>Buying new cars
Thanks, boomers, but no thanks, depreciation on plastic shit at that level is borderline retarded.

Second
>wireless bluetooth for handsfree and unlimited streaming from your phone through spotify/other streaming services
I'll take it over CD's any day.

If you lose your iphone it doesnt matter because your purchases are registered to your apple id account you can just redownload whatever you lose. Physical media is ovjectivly worse. You also have backups saved in icloud

he can't because laptop manufacturers have phased out optical drivers

>his car doesn't have a DVD player

I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.
Plus it's part of my system of listening to music. If the radio's playing shit and my phone is shuffling stuff that I don't feel like listening too, I just hit CD and listen to whatever CD I'm more into at the time

And then there's this

The future is now old man

>driving a truck from 2016
>It has a tape deck and radio
>No CD player
>No Aux port
>No usb

I don't care much for music when driving but it is bizarre

ITT people who personally identify with outdated, inferior technology argue that it is objectively better.

Just give me a USB port, an AUX port, and a volume/tuning knob. I disabled FM radio on my car in like 2009 and haven't used a CD in years.

>owning a laptop instead of a desktop

>not owning both

If I had my druthers, I wish they just provided a bluetooth speaker system and leave it up to you to slot whatever infotainment you wanted in your car.

>hours
>Not having an SSD and an SDHC/SDXC card with 312MB/s read/write times

Except you still need to buy another $1000 phone to replace it, while CDs are literally cents

No high end phone costs $1,000. And if you're spending $700+ on a phone anyways, you'd be an idiot if you didn't have insurance on it to replace it if it ever got lost or stolen.

>iphone 12 nike flyair jordan edition
>trying this hard to be oblivious/80 years old

any responsible person with an iphone that they bought themselves most likely hooked it up with another apple device anyways, so they can find it 90% of the time. a CD is gone forever.

>beginning

>car only has a cd player and no aux or casette deck

What fucking 2016 model truck has a tape deck but no USB, every car post 2013 has like a million USB ports and a tv in every seat

Just buy an old CD player from Goodwill or some shit. God damn.

And? You can buy an aftermarket radio with whatever setup you want for less than $100. Buy one with a CD player.

Modern cars no thanks

>have CD player and aux port
>only listen to the radio

This triggers the normies that ride with me

No Volvos don't have one unless you get the up level sound system. It also takes up half of the arm rest storage up.

50% aux 50% radio here

>being so bad at life that you lose your $800+ phone
>not using Spotify
I have millions of songs in my pocket immediately accessible (with internet), as well as being able to save the ones I like most for offline playback. All I have to do is sign in on any device. Never lost a phone before and never will.

oh but goyim, if you simply transfer your music and life and everything about yourself to one of our convenient CLOUD SERVICES you will never need to worry about losing anything ever again

But it is............................................

It's not, you're fucking retarded.

>Youtube
>deleted track
good luck trying to remember what you just lost

You didn't get the reference.

>you will never be able to buy a new car where all of the technology is an option rather than standard
I don't want a navigation system.
I don't want a backup camera.
I don't want a touch screen.
I don't want an infotainment system.
I don't want heated seats, steering wheels, or side mirrors.
I don't want a CD player.

Save me $8k and get rid of all of that shit.

8/10

good goy

Low end Nissans can be pretty barebones without options.

It gets to the point where it actually costs more money to produce a ha dull of cars with very little options than a lot of well equipped cars

I hope you aren't using Bluetooth user, it recompresses your FLACs and is literally for poor people

The only, ONLY way I'd be willing to give up my CD's was if the deck played flac or DSD files.

If it can't, fuck that noise. Like, literally, fuck that actual compression and noise. I'll keep my far superior sound quality, thankyouverymuch.

>inb4 lol mp3 and cd sounds the same

If your stereo is so shit you can't tell an mp3 from a CD, your opinion is invalid because it has all the fidelity of a clock radio and needs serious work.

>Your opinion is invalid, because you are not autistic like I am.

yea so they can track you at all times and rape your wallet every month for a connection.

The fact that infotainment is a real industry term and not a fucking joke term made up to make fun of technology is fucking painful to realize.
Saying something has infotainment is like calling your kid a tween, or combining couples names like branjolina.

No can do!

This guy is correct. Also, quit using flatscreen NOOB monitors. Only true quality can be seen on CRTs and whatever else bullshit justifications people use to use for not ditching CRTs.

Except, don't you blow though data streaming spotify or pandora or whatever?

>he doesnt have premium spotify
>he doesnt then download all that music to his phone

id be right fucked without it since i literally drive all day for my job

Well, since you went there, a CRT does in fact have a better picture than an LCD when looking at motion. Plus it has actual blacks. If you've never seen a HD CRT, you don't know what you're missing.

The reason people went to flat screens is because of size and weight. Making a CRT bigger than 35" is just plain impractical.

>I do not want a steering wheel
what