How do half of the Initial D characters pay for mods on their cars

How do half of the Initial D characters pay for mods on their cars.
>Picrelated
has WRC anti lag system on evo 3 for street racing

Daddy has a good job

Only the Takahashi brothers make sense because their father owns all the hospitals in the district and they are filthy rich because of it.
How do people like Nakazato buy, maintain, and constantly repair his GTR? Dunno

and those old dudes with r34 and s2000 make sense too.
hold on, would gas station job been enough to buy turbo s13 in 90s ?

probably; we don't know if iketani's car is even entirely paid off, but figure in Japan an S13 is an absolute run-of-the-mill car without any import tax or anything, even a top-trim K's like iketani's

probably lives off cup noodles and puts whatever money he gets into his car

He does/did compete in circuit racing. If he's since quit, that could be the same car he competed with.

the legal secondhand parts market is huge over there and has been since the 70's.

also 5 year old cars over there are worth nothing, due to the tax laws.

the silvia is like the mustang over there, everywhere in that era

I'm a Japanese. My coworker who were running in the 90s said that he spent all his money into his car. Sometimes he paid for tuning in installments. Every night he and his friends went to Touge and long straight roads where they can drag. It was before initial d

3 had the antilag system from factory. just disabled

Unlike in America, people in Japan are successful and can afford to deck out their cars with top of the line parts.

Ameripoor temporarily embarrassed crapitalists wouldn't understand.

Instead of the rich kids buying Lamborghinis and Ferrari's, they Japanese shit due to rampant nationalism.

if nakazato had a decent job, and no life outside of work & racing he could probably make ends meet. or maybe he just sells drugs

plus he lives with his mom, so that's probably his only major expense

In the manga iketani mentions that he still has a year of payments on the s13

the cars they get are way cheaper than that though

Drug and slave running for the yakuza. Why do you think they really need all these fast cars in the first place

Most of the characers live with family with no rent.

When you aren't paying 1200 a month to rent, you have a lot of money to put towards your car.

>Taking a Japanese comic book this serious
>Being this autistic

>the moving out because you need to feel like an adult meme

Make decent money, have a new car that cost me 30k+ that alot of Veeky Forums peeps would want(wont name not important)

I could easily move out whenever I want but I dont see the point Im still in 20's, parents are chill let me do whatever I want cuz they know im not an idiot. Get home late all the time, drink, dating. Rarely at home, saving alot of money.

Really dont see the point. Idk will probably wait few years down the line when I get a serious gf

>maybe he just sells drugs
misfiringuh shistemu man looks more like he sells drugs nakazato seems more like some guy with a good job

I waited to buy a car until AFTER I move out. Went straight from moms basement to owning a home. Just recently bought a sporty German car.

Cars in general are a depreciating expense, real estate in general appreciates even though there are expenses. My house went up over 200k in a short timeframe.

You look super embarrassing if you have a nice car and live at parents. The only exception is that you have a good salary, savings, and your parents have a nice place.

Like you could yourself.

> implying rampant nationalism is bad

Just look at how much domestic shitter cars like turbo cobalts cost and mirror that in Japan with better bike quality.

Guys, what did he mean by this?

>How do half of the Initial D characters pay for mods on their cars.
its cartoon...
its as real as a fairy tail

Guess they weren't hit that hard by the bubble in the early 90s?

Fair point, but then what about all the money he would have to dump with his constant rebuilds?

I always wondered how characters from Wangan midnight paid fpr there cars, I can understand why the tv girls GTR is paid for since she's an on air personality, and I can understand how "blackbirdoh" can pay for the Porsche since he's a surgeon or some shit, but alot of the other characters and side characters don't have the best jobs or careers

ITT: Unemployed Veeky Forums losers wondering how people get money.

pretty sure his parents or mum is a famous clothes designer or some shit, tho he does say he cut ties with his family so dunno

The main character was a host at a club who was pretty popular, I'm sure he had a sugar momma.