My dad is offering his old 320d Touring to me as a first car

My dad is offering his old 320d Touring to me as a first car.
It's an AT Diesel family wagon, and a bit big for the city, but it's RWD and drives nicely.
Should I take it or maybe sell it for a Golf 7 or some other car that won't rape me on insurance as much?

>diesel
>as city car
>wants to trade it for a golf 7

Cuck: the post

Take it. Needing a small car for the city is a meme unless you cam't park for shit.

The n47 engine has its faults but you can easily get 5.1l/100km. Also with the stock map it's not fast.

Is a golf really cheaper than a 3 series ?

Take it my man, trust me when I say you will regret selling it. Your Dad is giving it to you for a reason and it will hurt him if the first thing you do is sell it.

The first thing I thought about is how it would affect his dad if he sold it.

A bmw touring version is literally my dream car, I wish someone would give me one. Take it and drive it, you are an idiot if you sell it.

diesel is god tier at 2.0l displacement. take it

Your dad is offering you a BMW for your first car and your first idea is to sell it? I'm guessing you're a bit spoilt?

I wouldn't do anything like that without talking about it with him first, don't worry. It would rather amount to him selling it and keeping the difference to some cheaper econobox, I wouldn't be such a dick to my own dad.

the timing chain shit got fixed from models made after 2013

Keep the wagon so you have room for luggage and people when you need it
If you are really "in the city," just use a bike for for solo errands or intra-city travel. parking super close to nearly all entrances and it's always free

>a bit big for the city

This is a meme. Also you have a free car in your hand that you know the history of. You could sell it and grab something else that looks pretty good but I guarantee you problems will crop up as soon as it changes hands.

I don't really believe cars have any spirits in them and they are truly just tools of transportation but I'll be damned if a car doesn't start falling apart out a sense of betrayal when it is sold.

Knowing the true history of a car to me is more important than saving a couple hundred on insurance and tax. Especially if you rely on it to meet your daily obligations.

Diesel and city?

The dpf filter, the EGR and Hans at BMW send their best regards

I am not sure about bimmers but companies in my city primarily use Jap and Korean diesel trucks and vans and never once has anyone come in with DPF problems. Maybe because delivery and truck drivers treat the throttle like a button but if that's it then it would be easy to excersize the injectors on a 320d.

It doesn't "sense betrayal" or anything new age like that, it's just that two owners will have two different driving styles and the hard switch will put strain on the car

>Should I take it or maybe sell it for a
don't sell. just don't. it's rude

i dream of a 330d so i would take the 320d. also if its that generation its gorgeous. i didnt appreciate wagons when i first started driving but now its all id want so maybe youll appreciate it later on, definitely better than a golf

>The dpf filter
Never had a single issue in almost 2 years with my car. And I do a lot of city driving. Always beating the living shit of the engine but still.

where the fuck do you live that a 320d would rape you on insurance?

Also, the BMW is an awesome car, but it might be a bit "too much car" for a first car. Being said, you might gonna total it sooner or later, especially if it's RWD.
Be the dildo that you are and get the Golf instead, lol.

Remove DPF filter after 100k km, problem solved

Keep it, theres no bigger advantage when getting a car than knowing who owned it and how they took care of it. Also a bimmer wagon as a first car is bitchin as fuck.

how is he going to total a car that has more computers than wheels?

since esp came along cars are impossible to crash when driving normally, to the point that some have become un-hoonable because of undefeatable traction controls and stability whatevers