What does Veeky Forums like more? JDM or land yachts?

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

allpar.com/model/daytona.html#general
turbododge.com/forums/f4/f62/386915-production-figures-database.html#post2436679
caranddriver.com/reviews/1986-dodge-omni-shelby-glhs-instrumented-test-review
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a7841/1986-shelby-glh-s-drive-flashback/
hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2016/09/13/dodge-omni-glh
caranddriver.com/reviews/the-best-handling-american-car-is-archived-comparison-test-one-fine-piece-of-work-page-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

since landbarges are awful at everything from looks to driving pleasure to economy to even comfort JDM is the easy answer

ever ridden in a land barge takumi?

ridden and driven

least favorite vehicle type I have had the displeasure of being in

I like em, I like the jdm handling stuff too, but I wouldn't give jdm the point on comfort

While there's a sizable minority of real men on Veeky Forums that like land yachts the majority prefer effeminate jdm cars like the Miata

>no whitewalls
sacrilege

I hate the seats in landbarges

they have like no support and its just plush and the suspension feels more unsettling than anything to me

I am only speaking of old American ones tho

jokes aside why did you post two land barges ?

if I have to travel 5 or 8 hours give me the land barge
if it is less than 3 hours or only a few minutes I take almost anything with a roof and windows
Jeder zu ihren eigenen

>miata
>Jdm

i learned to drive in an R33, so... JDM

>implying those are mutually exclusive

Both actually, each in their own way. JDM evokes thoughts about a distant society with its very own delicate characteristics and phenomenal aesthetics. Murribarges on the other hand are brash and not at all in a bad way. They have their own cultural frame as well.

Practically speaking they both have their upsides and downsides. Barges are easier to come by in Europe, including spare parts, and have the steering on the correct side, but they're also impractically huge and drink a hole into your wallet. JDM would be the more sensible choice, but it's far rarer to find and you'll be sitting on the wrong side of the car. If I were Australian or British the choice would be easier.

hello Kiwi

actually, no. I live i think as far as humanly possible from NZ. Dad was just had way too much dough, and wanted me to be able to drive both Right and and left hand drive. Secand car was an E31 but he really liked it, so i barely drove it

no pleb here has only the r32 GTS-t
strange enough GXi GTE are less often on the road

land-yachts don't have as much hype tax on them as JDM cars do, and I don't really like driving fast that much anyway. It's so awesome cruising through a sleepy town in a lumbering V8 that displaces 26 liters, but only makes 28 bhp.

Should be known that it's not hard nor expensive at all to de-smog those old Ford 460s and turn them into animals.

>unable to get comfy
Sad.

Post an actual landyacht not that downsized late 70's-80's trash

>"It's only 18.5 feet instead of 20 feet. This is an outrage."

It looks noticeably worse, compare the downsized Cadillacs and Lincolns to the prime ones and you will see

Would rather drive this than your deathtrap boomer shit.

>drive a landbarge with an automatic
>go insane after about 30 minutes but can't break out a book or anything because i have to steer and brake
>start talking to myself
>start talking to imaginary people
>print out a piece of paper with maki nishikino's face on it and make it my conversation partner
>play fucking "I spy" with it
>this needs to stop
>buy rickety manual jap import
>find myself able to be a normal human being again
>makis taped to headrests: 0

JDM yo.

Was it autism?

>50 years old is more of a deathtrap than a mere 40 years old
Here we have a person who has completely dissociated from reality in his efforts to argue with strangers on the internet.

I don't know but if it was, the gutless shitbox cvic cured it in less than a week.

>actually having to shift gears on the highway
It's a mindsaver.

>*30
ftfy gramps

Enjoy burning to death when you get in a fender bender.

It's not a length issue, it's a height issue. The '80s Town Car is 219 inches long but has a particularly tall greenhouse. Also it's missing 2 inches in width but you wouldn't notice. It's mainly the roof height.

Here's a real downsize.

I don't think they had real crumple zones and cabin reinforcement in the 80s either. All the shock of an impact was transferred directly to the driver except for maybe an airbag, and the whole of the car crumpled around you requiring the jaws of life to get out. Your chosen "old car" isn't any better or safer than another older car just because you like it, faggot.

This. Americans cars basically didn't evolve for decades, they only designed new bodystyles, took their sweet time adapting the engines to smog requirements and added a driver airbag at some point. Actual change only occured starting in the '90s.

And goddamn do we love 'em for it.

>you have to make your car smaller!
>you have to make your car safer!
>you have to make your car faster!
>you have to make your car more fuel efficient!

>Chrysler: pussied out
>GM: "hold my beer"
>Ford: you are like a little baby, watch as I produce the same car effectively unchanged from 1992 to 2011

>Chrysler: "We're going down. Let's take AMC with us."
>GM: *shits pants*
>Ford: "Let's make a compact car, but make sure the gas tank is right in front of the rear bumper."
ftfy

>"Let's make a compact car, but make sure the gas tank is right in front of the rear bumper."
>and then do the same thing with the full-size cars, and then act all surprised when those catch on fire in rear-end collisions too

Best of both worlds give me a Cressida.

Chrysler made amazing cars in the 80s

>Chrysler made amazing cars in the 80s

Dodge Daytona, omni, Spirit r/t, caravan there's a few others

Laser, rampage, shadow, horizon and a few others that had turbo options the ones that really shined bright were the Daytona and the Omni though

allpar.com/model/daytona.html#general

Scott achieved the Product Planning objective as measured by comparing professional and amateur driver times on both high speed and low speed courses. The G-24 won as measured by the stop watch - but two rolled Porsche 924s at Chelsea Proving Grounds were more dramatic evidence of our achievement. (Bob Ludwig, Proving Ground Manager, told me that if they “totalled” another, I would have to pay for replacing it out of my Department’s budget.)

None of those cars were good other than the Caravan. The minivan is literally the only reason Chrysler didn't die in the 70s.

how were they not? turbo lightweight handled extremely well and were/are cheap

also no they all sold extremely well

Dix Ot D'gain Gony (E)

fuckin wat

land barge for sure but America cant even do what they are most famous for right

Chrysler fans will refute this.

that doesnt make it a good car

this

yeah the Caravan did

alright then what makes a good car? what about these cars makes it inferior to the other cars of the 80s?

not even a chrysler fan im a ford guy but you have to be retarded to not recognize the only american brand trying to do something different in the 80s

How many malaise Chrysler cars do you see on Craigslist versus GM and Ford cars?

Reliability is the most valuable attribute for a vehicle to have.

turbododge.com/forums/f4/f62/386915-production-figures-database.html#post2436679

not falling apart and being a shitbox from the factory is one of the things it would need

theyre just shitboxes with bodykits and sure K-cars sold a lot but they were awful

No, you're thinking of the company they killed in the 80s.

the only GM and Ford cars i ever see on craigslist from the 80s are panthers and mustangs and trucks while GM consists of turd gens and trucks for chrysler i see k bodies all the time and trucks

All those production numbers and you still don't see any on the road today. Really makes you think.

>GM and Ford is using the same formula from the 70s
>Chrysler making small turbo precursor tuner cars

how many 80s cars that arent turd gens or mustang on the road?

>Chrysler poorly attempting to make small turbo precursor tuner cars
ftfy

This so much
Jap landbarges are actually better imo

JDM ftw

>literally making better tuner cars than jap land
>poorly made cars

I see plenty of Oldsmobiles, Cadillacs, Fords, Buicks and Lincolns on the road every day while I'm on the clock. Whenever I see a K-car, it's always falling apart.

umm

>better than Jap land
Chrysler fans can't be this deluded.

never see any other 80s cars other than turd gens moostangs and the odd panther

just because Chrysler shit about a bunch of awful turbo cars doesnt mean no one else was making boost in the states

A-bodies and B-bodies are everywhere around my town. Open your eyes, lad.

>106hp
wew lad

WEEEW LADDD

>150hp
weeew you finally caught up with the mid trim

i love foxbody cars but 1 more hp while weighing more

the turbo k cars eventually got up to 224hp also the cars you linked are and sold like shit

always keep my eyes peeled and literally none of those are on the road here and i can name 3 k cars on the road where i live

forgot to put the hp for the suzuki and of course im only listing whatever they made in absolute top trim
>101hp

>moving the goalposts

talk about irrelevant

k cars are complete shit no matter how much power they made

>my lightweight turd can go fast
>that means its good

>you have to be retarded to not recognize the only american brand trying to do something different in the 80s
You mean because every time a GM sub-brand tried doing something different they got shut down by corporate?

how tf did i move goal posts they are all shit cars (foxbody excluded) they made less hp handled comparably like garbage and sold like garbage my goal posts were fucking name a better car in its class

handles well, lightweight, cheap, easy to mod

>tfw born too late to work at the AMC plant in my hometown

There's a Wal-Mart there now.

>handles well
lol no
>lightweight
Not hard with low quality materials.
>cheap
As if that's a good thing.
>easy to mod
When your OEM parts practically fall off on their own, of course.

EXP made 120 hp
Sunbird made 165

lol Chryslerfags are always a little special

>only american brand trying to do something different in the 80s

so your wrong

and Foxbodies are complete shit as are just about every old American car

K-cars are just shitboxes to the core

This. See Pontiac's development of the Fiero, for one.

>and Foxbodies are complete shit as are just about every old American car

alright i see now jdm tite yo yurop cars are liek way bedar

>120hp
>165hp
weeeew lad

yeah they were ford and gm tried to do it and they axed it because they couldnt make a decent car

dude foxbodies are awful by nearly every measure until you dump thousands into them

even then the quality is awful

you seem to think that cheap garbage is good because its cheap

no its still garbage

mmmk bb

>"I'm a blind consumerist fooled by 30-year-old ads."
lol

whats a good car bb? and foxbodies are great cars add panhard bar, lowering springs, new struts/shocks, sway bars and subframe connectors literally the best car of the 80s

3 T O N S
T
O
N
S

>people paid Mustang 5.0 money for that
>its still slower

kek
Foxbodies are garbage

even with that theyre worse than a stock Fbody
not even to mention proper sports cars

they have no quality to them
cheap shit cars

oh boy

caranddriver.com/reviews/1986-dodge-omni-shelby-glhs-instrumented-test-review

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a7841/1986-shelby-glh-s-drive-flashback/

hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2016/09/13/dodge-omni-glh

Look what they did to the Grand National.

Even today they could bring back a modern GN/GNX to compete with the Challenger and Mustang.

still not answering me on whats better

also worst that a stock fbody? theyre lighter have a larger cheaper aftermarket and are cheaper to buy not to mention you can actually find a manual foxbody unlike the fbody the fbody is a great car but no where near the foxbody in what you can do so easily and cheaply

also the glhs was made to be a track car which in doing wiped the floor with pretty much every other car

almost passed over
>proper sports car
weeew you yurop fags are ridiculous

Foxbody is more expensive
F-Body is still a much better car stock and requires less work

performance and quality

still you seem to think cheap garbage is good because its cheap and light

yeah I doubt it

you still have to overhaul the suspension of the f body and the only thing you have to do more for the foxbody is add a panhard bar its literally way better car and youll be in way less money theres about 4 turd gens in my area and theyre all ratty auto 305s while theres probably more than 10 foxbodies most of them really nice and of course all 5.0 stick cars

>yeah i doubt it
caranddriver.com/reviews/the-best-handling-american-car-is-archived-comparison-test-one-fine-piece-of-work-page-5

Even the hard-grunting Corvette couldn't get away during some of the high-altitude uphill runs, the Daytona boost pulling beautifully in the 'rarefied air.

not even the glhs

Goddamn do i miss early 90's landyacht design.
>tfw landyachts are dead thanks to globalism

feels bad man

somehow the car with better suspension needs a complete overhaul while the horrible floppy shitbox just needs a bar

and lol I can get 4th gen Z28s for less than what people want for 5.0 Foxbodies

oh hey look

>Chevrolet Camaro Z28: The winner by a mile.

in a best handling test

thanks for proving my point

the Daytona beat out a Fiero and a Foxbody lol

shiiiett didnt even notice that they picked the heaviest version of the daytona too wewwww