[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Anime and ehtiopians recovering from crashes edition.

>Motorcycle Crashes and Spaghetti
>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Memes & Circljerking
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Bashing
>Motorcycle Pixels & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

>/dbt/ map updated July 2017:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk/

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/ebB5aY3
youtube.com/watch?v=71EQd0Tklq4
westernmass.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1990-suzuki-dr350s-6000-miles/6268345320.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for yamaha

Join the DBT discord if you want to attend SAM 1.5 at the Tail of the Dragon.
SAM 1.0 was a huge success so we decided to hold 2 per year to eternally btfo the yuros

Discord: discord.gg/ebB5aY3

is it ok to park my motorcycle in the hatched areas of car parks?

Is best

Nope. You can get towed/ticketed. Possibly depends where you are. I'm in NYC

Depends, if the hatched area is beside a handicapped zone then no, because people may need that space to pull a wheelchair or walker out of their vehicle.

Fire space / loading zone no for obvious reasons

Everywhere else yes

samefag

youtube.com/watch?v=71EQd0Tklq4

Wew, lad.

I'll faken Hemmer ur hed m80. I swear on me mum.

Just wait till I get back from work. I'll shit post your shit waifu into the grave.

Either a horrifically incompetent or a really cool bus operator bro.

Caught me desu

It is true though

Yamaha is best

Oh dear oh dear, here we go again.

>Frizzy
>Nico

What is it with Yamaha and best girls?

99% of the time those are only painted to show that you're not mean to park there, because it would look like there was another space missing a border line otherwise. Car drivers ask the same thing

>i can fit, right?

Get over your autism and take up a car space in a way that lets a second bike fit, or take a walk on the wild side and park on the sidewalk (if your bike is small enough)

u better shut ur mouth u cheeky cunt m8 i swer to me mum ill hook ye in da gabber bloody tyke. she's not even me maiden twat, you'll have to take a swing at this fine maiden if you wanna have a go chump. im giving you my weak spot and 8 hour wagecuck head start because you'll need it m80.

samefag stop posting ur shit thred

Sidewalk parking is perectly fine if it's private property and not next to an actual street. e.g. sidewalk infront of a shopping mall by the parking lot. You might get a ticket by a loser piggy but you can fight it and win in court easily. You 99% of the time dont even need to go to court as long as you take pictures right away and know your rights.

>Implying I'm weeb trash.

We're having fish tonight fellas

>not using adblock

just got back from my first long-ish (100km) ride.

Also; post baikus, not waifus.

post the best beginner bike

Posting motorcycles in a motorcycle thread

>no adblock
>yotsuba B
>no auto update
>bicycles

Cb400sf.

Ez

That looks filipino as fuck. Why are so many itabikes low displacement budget shit with those SEA-market looking headlights?

What if my baiku is my waifu

posting a first world anime bike

SEA's don't have interwebs. It's probably still japan.

It makes sense for the bakuon crowd (show is about beginning riding) so Im assuming some are done by dealerships to sell / promote beginner bikes.

But i dont know Im just a shitposter

You cretin, you'll have to make a proper invite, this one is temporary

ToTD is a meme road full of cops

There are some mountain passes around here in MT and ID that are better for high speed cornering anyways

>grisaia
>france
>first world

>Can't be arsed with adblock.
>I like the vanilla look of things. It's comfy.
>I got used to doing it manually, so what? Wanna fight about it?
>That's the other OP, user. Here, have a look:

They're circlejerks fuck em and they wouldn't dare speed. People who've never been on group rides before show up to those things and dbt has tons of new riders.

who are you quoting

The FZ6 is the best beginner bike. Every other poster here has one and they crash less than R3 fags.

My SV is still up for sale in germany.
2016 model, latest inspection done. Bunch of extras, small dent on the right side. No crashes.

4 grand and she's yours.

clean it up and sell for 5500

You could get banned for that.

>4k euros

Do you value 115hp that much???

Missing a Y and a R poorfag

I value my knees that much

It's got 12k down, so 5 at the max really.
And its the end of season, not much buying going on

fz6 riders are too poor for a personal chiropractor lmao

What kind of shitty weather does krautfurter land have? Right after summer is still riding season and no heat waves to cancel group rides.

>2005~2009

whole summer was shitty as fuck

i took 2 weeks vacation 2 times hoping to get some riding done and it was raining almost the entire time.

So what's wrong with fall? Germany is literally all Beech trees and no Oak.

even more rain presumably

i dont have season plates so ill be riding till snow falls but i dont like wet roads.

It's just a business thing.
Bikes are cheaper at the end of summer here

We /viet/ now

>falling for the back pain meme
lel pussy

?

Grom guy just isnt going fast enough to look happy

Banned for what?

>Veeky Forums
>having mods that give a fuck

Honda shadow 600 Or Suzuki savage for first bike? Honestly not interested in anything thats not a cruiser for my first bike.

Ctx700 if you don't wanna shift
Otherwise the vulcan is singlehandedly the best midsize cruiser around

commonly recurring threads tend to suffer from degradation of quality over time

Do you suck dicks?

All of Veeky Forums is a repeating thread friendo

There is nothing posted here that has never been posted before.

What are the main things I need to buy when it comes to gear as a beginner?
Good helmet, gloves, boots and jacket?

Should I go for textile or leather jacket?
Are short cuff gloves good enough?

First general newfag?

Also get riding pants or at least some knee protectors. Road rash is ugly and painfull on your hips/ass, but it wont fuck you forever like badly banged up knees will.

No, want to shift, and its with a 3k budget so new bikes are out of the question.

The vulcan (at least here in yurop) is about that cheap

Leather if you're only going to be riding when it's dry and warm, Textile if you're going to be riding all year including rain/cold.

Boots should be proper ones with good protection around the ankle/heel/shin. Not these glorified sneakers that are somehow "motorcycle boots"

You probably want at least some kevlar jeans as well.

The knee inserts of every pair of jeans I've owned have been uncomfortable or move around/fall out. Seperate protectors that you strap on seem like too much effort. Not sure what the solution is.

>Suzuki savage
The savage is a cult classic, has it's own culture and aftermarket, etc. I prefer them as bobbers to cruisers, but whatever.

The shadow is a Honda. As such, it's reliable, staid, a little boring, nice to ride around on.

Pick the one that appeals to you, cruisers aren't something you can be to objective about.

Also, have you considered a Virago?

any german people here? Need a few nice roads trough the Taunus, anyone around?

There are times when the only people manning this thread are germs and wops

Thanks for answering my questions. I' m looking to upgrade to an 1199S or s1krr and never thought about the rsv. I want the F4rr but that bike is waaaaay over priced.

Just lurk for a little while until the Germanposting starts, then I'm sure you can find some.

fucking hell so many retards hog the overtaking lane for no reason, the amount of times I've just gone straight past a whole queue of cars on the left hand side is unbelievable.

Depends on year and model
Some have it, some don't
All come with the up part and those who don't should have a slipper clutch

Should I get a Hayabusa with a turbo or without one as my first bike?
I want a bike i can grow into.

get some tighter jeans then grandpa

I've never had to put in any effort to use strap-ons (harhar), especially over jeans. I usually wear mine under though unless I'm going to work or school.

hayabusa's are fucking memes

get a turbo zx14, just run low boost until you're used to it bro.

I sure have. They look slightly goofy but are what im looking for.

that seat looks comfy

Typically no.
There is an important exception: triangle areas at the ends of slanted parking markup is obviously unused, and it's large enough to fit a bike.

Did Floridaanon who bought a ZX-14r ever make it home?

A wheel bearing on my bike is louder than engine.
Should I replace wheel bearing or exhaust?

what bike is that>

Generic dirtbike n°20474939
Given the read head it might be an husqvarna, beta and Aprilia, betting on husky

>aprilia

ur talking out of your ass.

Anyone else who knows.

Looks like a husqvarna, probably an FS450 because that's the meme choice.

westernmass.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1990-suzuki-dr350s-6000-miles/6268345320.html

This is the last time I'm posting this before I go take a look at it on wednesday. Considering this for first bike purchase, first time buying a vehicle on craigslist. Give me some tips please. What should I look for, what should I use to haggle with the guy, how to avoid fucking it up during transport if I buy it, etc

Thanks

Post fish fingers

>What should I look for
Rust on the frame should be a dealbreaker imo, as it's a steel frame iirc.
>What should I use to haggle with the guy
again, rust or fugged up paint on the frame that may rust over time: paint is an easy fix but a huge problem if left. Also if it runs funky you might wanna clean the carbs, which is beyond easy mind you, but is an excuse to haggle the price.
>How to avoid fucking it up during transport
If it's far you could put it on a Uhaul and learn on familiar streets back home.

If it's reasonably close then just start slow and do a couple laps around lots before heading into traffic. You're going to learn by making mistakes so you should be going slow enough that a mistake can be corrected without creaming a wall.

Get it. Check the frame for damage, shift through every gear, check the lights, make sure the chain and sprockets aren't worn out, etc.
Tips for not fucking it up on the way home? Don't crash, idfk

On my honda

On my yamahahaha plz no bully

And the worst of all

>less than 1 1/2 inch
>hate
The people who complain about people's strips at that level are the same ones who think daily's should be street Rossi'd

>tfw no dirt bike

>tfw no trap gf

Who is your motogp husbando anons ?

mine is petrucci :^3

The Michelin Streets have shit traction on corners, tires slid out a bunch of times in the canyons.