Running costs of a 1977 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow. Possible?

Running costs of a 1977 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow. Possible?

Are you the same cunt who wanted to buy a Bentley Arnage for daily driving a week ago?

Yes

Probably need twice as much upkeep than a Porsche from the 70's, with parts needing custom fabrication since the market is so tiny. At least I know you can get basic stuff from NAPA or Oreileys for a Porsche, just might take a few days to get.

Just get a Kia Armanti or Hyubdai XG300 and call it a day. Normies dont know the difference

Kek not me but either way my search is narrowing down between the Rolls Royce or the Bentley and supposedly early Rolls royces are cheaper to upkeep. No harm in making sure I make the right purchase, I thought /o was full of experts.

Becoming a meme at this point. There's a Rolls Royce restoration shop near my house so I think it shouldn't be too hard to find the right parts for it.

Can you maybe sober up and buy something that's not completely retarded?

>I thought /o was full of experts

Your second mistake

I can tell based on all these mediocre bmws and Mercedes being recommended at me. They don't hold a candle to Rolls Royce, Bentley, and Mercedes. I want to make an impression, not buy a car fifty other faggots own.

Sorry I meant Maserati. I'm looking for brand prestige and Mercedes, Lexus, etc are just not impressive cars.

Basically you want to be a fucking poser.

I guess if it means I'll be driving a better car then sure

But we're trying to save you from terrible cars. All these luxury brands are complete fucking money pits.

>a 40 year old rolls royce
>prestige

Pick one.

Rolls Royce maintence ends up being upwards of $2000 and up. I think Mercedes, Lexus, BMW aren't much less then that and no one is impressed by these brands. If they say they are, they're lying.

True, I'm still considering if buying a newer Bentley or an even newer Maserati is a better option. The Rolls Royce still ends up looking the most expensive regardless of age though.

Nobody's impressed by a 40 years old example of the most built Rolls-Royce model of all time either. These are dirt cheap for Rolls-Royce standards and only eccentric weirdos drive these anymore.

And why are you so fucking obsessed with impressing people anyway? What's fucking wrong with you? Do you even have a job, or is a poser car all that you could ever hope to impress people with?

So the Bentley Arnage or Maserati quattroporte are possible as well. Going based off this logic only the Quattroporte still looks new and is worth buying then. But everyone hates Maserati electronics and they break down so quickly so I don't know anymore.

Nah I don't work but I like having nice things, it's more for me then for you. I couldn't give a rats ass what people think of me but the effect nice things have on my mind makes life worth living. I'm sure anyone could understand that.

Do you have 5-10k on hand at basically all times because almost every part is going to be custom fabricated?

And the specialty shops who work on them know their the only game in town and have wealthy customer anyways so will charge an arm and leg.

If yeah then sure, get an old worn rolls royce. Just expect it to be a money pit. Theres a reason people who own them only drive them basically on sunday afternoons and to car shows, they are just too expensive to reliably keep on the road.

Yeah that's a lot the Maserati is honestly seeming like the way to go despite the amount of hate they get. No average normie can tell they're old based on looking at them and I feel like they're cheaper to upkeep then either the Rolls Royce or Bentley but either way they have a bad reputation.

>don't work
if you can afford to not work, it's probably well within your capability to afford a newer, nicer rolls.

>20000 vs 300000

Yeah, no

then get a fucking corolla and fuck off

jesus you're a fag, your last thread sucked just as much as this one

This thread is fucking painful. Honestly the easiest way to 'impress' someone it's your ride is to have it clean and detailed.

holy autism
op please jump off of a bridge not high enough to kill you but tall enough to make you a crip

Its jealousy be honest. I can get a used Maserati for the same price as a corolla why not just be happy I'm going to be getting a nice car soon.

You first faggot

Gonna hijack this thread right quick, my dad used to own an old rolls royce and there's a bunch of detailing bottles (APC, wax, window cleaner, etc) in our garage, never touched and still has the original product inside. You think they're worth anything to a collector or something?

There's a TopGear segment on that.
Don't get this as a daily driver.

I miss thicker sidewalls

Yeah everyone's jealous that you can afford a 40 year old luxury car, retard

If you're into older women (70 and above) it might be an investment. You can also save a bit on buying condoms every now and then, so that can cover some of the extra expenses. I'd say go for it. The smell of old leather with a splash of urine is perfume for the gods, and they're rather spacious too, so you can shag them in the back seat without snapping a hip bone.