How do modern HEMI engines compete with the current GM and Ford V8s?

How do modern HEMI engines compete with the current GM and Ford V8s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j4briJFuHAs
youtube.com/watch?v=UOlZMwjTBgQ
moparconnectionmagazine.com/video-behold-nelson-racing-engines-1600hp-572ci-twin-turbo-hemi/
google.com/amp/www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-1303-hemi-5-7l-junkyard-turbo/amp/
ecurrent.fit.edu/blog/panther-voices/thermodynamics-scenes/
epi-eng.com/piston_engine_technology/power_and_torque.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're pretty good.

They sound the best.

Since they have to most displacement, the motors are not as stressed compared to Ford, which tries to do more with smaller engines. This is why Subarus blow up. Too much for a little engine.

Ford Racing will sell you 670HP supercharger *with* a dealer-supported warranty. I wouldn't say Coyotes are overstressed, just that they're advanced engine designs.

They can't, just like the LS

you are a fucking retard

t. fucking dumbass

chrysler v8s are the most reliable that's the only thing they get right

Work at Chrysler dealership. 3 5.7s in the shop right now waiting on cams, lifters and rocker assemblies cause the mds lifters collapse. Cams are on back order cause they seem to be doing this at an alarming rate. Would not recommend

>tfw want a 6.4L Challenger with a stick
>they're all stupid expensive, even the older ones with shitty interiors
It's not fair, most of the guys that drive them around work at they're built at, get them for cheap, then sell them 5 years later for almost the same amount

So you work at a place that deals with fixing engine and are surprised that you have engines to fix?

it's actually true faggot, a larger engine is less stressed, assmad subaru bitch lol your motors blow on stock boost

t. bench racer
did the junkyard ls hurt your feelings again alphonse?

The mustang coyote engines are literally forged, roller everythings with super great bearings and seals and internals (minus powdered oil pumps). They are an incredibly high quality engine and will take prolonged abuse. It is true that having a larger displacement do the same work with less rpm will last longer given the same quality throughout the engine

>being this obsessed with me
get help

you first, Mr. no car degenerate

Fucking this. LOL

That doesn't say much. I work directly for Ford and half the parts are constantly on a back order. I honestly feel sorry for our dealers.

>junkyard ls
inferior to the junkyard modular, sperg more

back to /pol/
i don't remember this episode? wtf? is there a season 2 already?

not yet but it's confirmed

It airs this Fall. So sometime in October.

HEMI engines (hemispherical combustion chambers) have been standard for decades in almost all vehicles.
Dodge owns the copyright on "Hemi", that's it.
A 1985 Honda cr125 dirtbike has a hemi-head.
A 1989 toyota corrola has a hemi head
Ford ecoboost and coyotes are hemi's.

>all these opinions
>no facts

Pretty fucking well. Comes with the territory of having greater displacement. A 426 stroker with a good supercharger will push well beyond 1000hp with minimal risk to the block. Getting that kind of displacement out of a 5.0 is impossible and a 6.2 would be at risk of shredding itself.

and a twin setup on a coyote can reach 1200 no extra stroke needed, what's your point sperg? all car can make lots of power with mods

GM ls and hemi are both shit and require a shit ton of displacement to even compete with a stock 5.0. Gm and FCA are also both cumskin cars.

Are you retarded? A twin turbo setup on a car with 1.4L more displacement, stock, is going to push WAY more power.

>Degenerates from saying they have huge displacement to shitting on Ford to shitting on a brand that has never made a pickup and never will

>how you know it's low quality bait

How many engines do you think the average say... Acura dealership is working on at any one time? I'd say on average about 1/10th of an engine on any one day, if even one every ten days. Probably more like once a month if that.

the stock coyote makes 460 hp now and the hemi makes 485, that 1.4 liters of displacement sure are doing work huh? its more then just desplacment, having overhead cams allow for faster revving without causing valve float like a giant hemi valve would.

with a five axis cnc machine anything is possible, even making a domed head worth something

yeah, I deleted that because it's not really what i wanted

I found a build with 1110.2HP at the wheels here:
youtube.com/watch?v=j4briJFuHAs

Most coyote TTs were running 900HP-ish, but these guys were pushing 1400HP, but with methanol
youtube.com/watch?v=UOlZMwjTBgQ

5.0's stock take boost like a champ, so big lol

5.7 Hemis literally can't anything done to them outside of bolt ons, they're bad to drop valves with any real power adders. Outside of that their 6.2/6.4's are decent from what I understand

also, just to add the Hemi was a 5.7L that got stroked to 392

Hemi pushing 1400HP, but it's a custom block, so take it as you will
moparconnectionmagazine.com/video-behold-nelson-racing-engines-1600hp-572ci-twin-turbo-hemi/

Holy shit, you actually are retarded.

Okay. Look. I don't want to pick on someone with a mental handicap. Just go put on your helmet, grab your Elmer's Glue, and go play in the back yard.

google.com/amp/www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-1303-hemi-5-7l-junkyard-turbo/amp/

>stock bottom end
>16.5lb of boost
>junkyard block

Try again, memelord.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FART NOISES XDDDD

This thread is cool and all but what about the new coyote with 460 stock at 16 fuel injectors. I think is gonna be a smash with the aftermarket

meth is normal btw, i wouldnt do a boosted biuld without it

ive always heard the 5.7 was good to biuld on and the 6.4 was the one that wasnt, they even destroked it for the hellcat

lol okay sure thing you can't make a good argument so you dont even try hahah

It's not that the 6.4 is worse, it's that it's harder to build. Parts are generally more expensive and the thresholds are less forgiving.

It's entirely possible to take a 392 out to a 440, run 12 to 16lbs of boost, and a 200 shot, but you have to do a lot more work and pay a lot more dosh.

That said, the power potential for the 392 is exponentially higher than the 5.7. The power figures for even mild, boosted 392s tend to be hundreds of horsepower over high end 5.7 builds.

Good look up the laws of physics and thermodynamics as they relate to internal combustion engines. Your argument is objectively retarded. Displacement will always, always, ALWAYS win horsepower wars. No matter how high strung and high revving the Coyote is, it will not beat a 392 built to match.

Cam, stroke, bore, and force induct both engines to their limits and the 392 will literally always win. It does not fucking matter. There is no replacement for displacement.

You can get a 2012+ 6.4L for like $25-$26k. Stay poor

On what planet?

Texas, for certain. My car club buddies like to send links to me frequently. They keep dogging me because I'm trying to build my 5.7 and at best I'll push 450hp by the end of next year.

I found like 5 on cars.com without trying.

Not with a stick, at least in Canada. I live in the same fucking city they're built in and they're everywhere yet the fobs that put them together and buy them with factory discounts don't think inflation is a real thing

I M P O R T
M
P
O
R
T

Nah, too much hassle. $26k USD is $32k CAD and I'll have to tack on duties and tax as well. I can just buy an S63 with a warranty because there are boatloads of them constantly being off loaded by people upgrading

Fucking fobs at the Chrysler factory single handedly ruined the market here for Challengers

thats why mazda can make a 2.6 liter motor run 800 hp and win lemans every year it competed, because
>no replacement fer displacement

you must be desperate trying to rely on vague laws you dont understand haha
did you even complete school?

thermodynamics main point is that energy can not be lost at any point only transformed.. the 6.4l hemi just transforms the massive amount of gas it eats into more heat and exhaust than actual power.. its called being inefficient dumbass

>hurr durr, muh motorspurts!

Jesus, are you knew to cars? Seriously, are you? Because this is not a fucking hard concept. The reason smaller engines dominate racing and produce so much power is because:

A) V8s aren't eco friendly and got drummed out of racing years ago because of butthurt faggots

B) Because they are so insanely high strung and ludicrously overbloated that a microburst would cause the engine to implode with enough force to take out Hiroshima and Nagasaki all over again.

Dude, I literally can't care enough to keep arguing this point. It's fucking retarded that I'm even offering you the effort to begin with. I'm fairly certain you've gotta be trolling me, but if you are actually this stupid, you need to go back to lurking. You don't understand shit about cars.

Also, to you and any other morons that don't get the fucking concept, here's a brief primer that is LITERALLY the first hit on Google.

ecurrent.fit.edu/blog/panther-voices/thermodynamics-scenes/

>you've gotta be trolling me
hahahah man you're trolling yourself

are these the same person?

yo you should play with this formula a bit, math is important to learn when youre stupid

epi-eng.com/piston_engine_technology/power_and_torque.htm

This is why sometimes i hate Veeky Forums. People with no knowledge like to run their fucking mouths.

Pretty much. Folk who pass of innocuous generalisations off as knowledgeable wisdom in order to convince the even less knowledgeable they are a supreme automotive encyclopaedia.

Have your upboat. M'fellow!