First Car thread?

First Car thread?
First Car thread.

I recently passed my driving test in the UK and bought myself a car. It's a 2008 Vauxhall (Opel) Corsa 1.2L Petrol.

What was your first car Veeky Forums?

This. But technically it was a 2001 Xsara. Although I didn't choose it or buy it.

1999 Saturn SL2 2.2L with a moon roof.

Do only 3 people on this board on a car?

should have gotten a classic mini lad

First car was a 1.2l 2004 Fiesta, low mileage but not in a great condition because it had just been sitting for ages.
Replaced it with a 2011 Fiesta Metal yesterday, which was the top trim Fiesta before the ST came out. It basically is the ST without a turbo

1997 Ford KA. It featured such luxuries as power steering, a cassette player and a heater. It sadly died of chassis rust but I honestly loved that car.

My first car was a 2002 echo with an auto, at least it was pretty new when I had it.

Drove a 96 f150 for the first 6 months, then got an 2009 Nissan Altima basically forced to buy

Bought my first car 3 months ago 05 focus with 120000 miles for 3K and now the system is running too rich

2012 Hyundai Elantara. Really not bad at all; good gas mileage, affordable payments

2006 1.25 Fiesta style.

Slow as shit, but to me it was the best car ever. I miss her.

These are the shittiest first cars I've ever seen. I had a '91 Nissan NX 2.0l and it was awesome.

Your first car is supposed to be shit m8

OP here anyway.
My corsa had 72k on the clock when I bought it, paid £1700 for it.
Insurance was near enough the fucking same.

I'm a tallfag and this is the only supermini or, hell, even hatchback, that I've physically been able to drive.

Don't worry, it's a classic shitbox in the making. Plastic steering wheel and a single track CD player. Lovely car though, I just wish it had more power.

>Still having a tax disc
Literally why nigga

Also, I know the feeling.
The hardest part of car shopping for me was finding something I could actually fit inside of.

In a suzuki swift my shins would bang on the underside of the dash.
In a Ford Fiesta my knee would jam up inbetween the centre console and the steering wheel. Hell, had this problem with a lot of cars.
In the end my only real options were a Toyota AyyyyyyGo or the Corsa.

It's not a tax disc, it's a parking permit. They just use the same format. My road got turned into private parking a few years back after we yelled at the council about faggots parking in our road.

Tried a 12 Corsa, couldn't fit. Never had the chance to try an Aygo though, but I like the styling. I went through about fifty cars at one of those big secondhand dealers. The driving position in the Up is weird enough that I can just about fit in it.

There's about a centimeter of clearance between my thigh and the wheel, but I'm just glad I managed to get a drivable car. My mum's 3k civic feels like a clown car, knees half way up the steering wheel.

1994 Chevrolet Silverado

2001 chrysler neon 2.0 le automatic

Oh yeah, the only option the original buyer took was the speaker upgrade. It's got the same speakers as the Beats edition of the car, and it sounds legitimately nice. The bass isn't retardedly excessive either.

>My mum's 3k civic feels like a clown car, knees half way up the steering wheel.
I learnt to drive in a '13 mini, so I know the feeling. Such an uncomfortable position to be sat in.

Also
>My road got turned into private parking a few years back after we yelled at the council about faggots parking in our road.
Ok, surprised at two things;
First, The council actually fucking did something?

Second, They didn't cock it up beyond measure?

I trust they don't actually charge you through the teeth for that permit, god knows the council here takes every chance they can.

1966 Volvo L3314N. Only had it for a summer

Oh god, the Xsara... you really did upgrade

How are those to live with, in truth?

Just worked and drove family spare car until I could afford a large down payment on it. Almost crashed it a few weeks after i got it cause i had only driven a kia optima and a ford taurus.

That thing looks comfy as fuck

10/10 would drive through town while wearing sunglasses in

No charge. The rules forbid parking between 9-10 and 2-3, which means people can't leave the car there all day. If someone does, we phone them up and get them towed.

I'm fucking stunned it worked, honestly. I think they're just glad for the ticket/tow revenue. Had to get the whole road to agree to it and one asshole refused for several months, but we got it in the end. Now we just get drug dealers dealing on the end of the road instead, but there's three cameras pointed at them now so they're slowly vanishing.

I learnt in a Clubman, iirc, and it just barely fit me. Definitely less room than the Up.

Cool - sure, especially if you had the standard version where you could just roll away the tarp covering it and lay down the window. I had the ambulance-version with the solid hard top, but still - great summers day vehicle for just having fun with a gang of friends

Comfy... eh, it was passable as long as you had someone to chatter with and the weather was ok. As soon as you drove it alone you were a lot more aware that it was a 2.5 ton offroad brickhouse with a 75-ish hp 1.8 litre, with zero driving aids and a ride less stable than a house of card covered in olive oil

I could own one again just fine, but there are other vehicles of its type I'd rather want to own instead (Volvo TP21, Volvo C303, Pinzgauer)

Forgot pic, behold the thicc. VW really wanted to give it that little extra width so it wouldn't tip over in corners with the tiny ecotires.

The one with the ancient pushrod inline 4? Oh god.

Lancia Dedra, the smell of the seats made me sick

2001 Toyota Celica GT... stock as hell too haha 1.8 1zzfe. basically a glorified corolla.

First ever car, similar to this pic related
2005 subaru impreza RS Model Gx
pic is however a 2004 version, though its remarkably similar

Just got this as my First car. Insurance is already £1400 for the year.
How much do you think it will go up by if i Get new alloys and tinted windows?

>How much do you think it will go up by if i Get new alloys and tinted windows?
not by much if at all, because they aren't performance mods

Really?
I thought insurance companies loved to fuck over young drivers and charge a fuck load for even the smallest change.

Don't declare it, the risk is far lower than the price increase.

This. Worst case if you do prang it the garage won't notice or care about aftermarket alloys/windows assuming you go to your local grease monkey as opposed to the dealer garage.

92 mercury topaz.
A shitbox, but a nice shitbox.

Some volvo 940 turbo
Broke it by sliding into a lorry on the motorway and rolling it loads

I just passed my license this Friday and I have yet to drive a car I actually own since I will not receive my license for the next two weeks and you are just not allowed to drive without it where I live.
We got three cars, all diesel. One is an absolute shitbox but with a very sound engine so we're keeping it for now. Wonder what I should be shopping for for myself.

>Oh god, the Xsara... you really did upgrade
It was a nice car, handled pretty well. It was just gutless.

I can always tell who you are because you post literally every spec of it every time

First car I bought for myself.
My real first car was a 2004 Neon, which had been pretty thrashed by my parents.

I haven't owned one yet. Looking at used cars right now. Im Albanian so there's a ton of German cars here. Are they unreliable or just need more taken care of then usual?
What Im eyeing right now: 2006 Audi a3 2.0 tfsi quattro with 170k km for 6k euro. It's pretty fucking cheap and even has a bi fuel gas implant to cost less on fuel. I been hearing good stuff about the tfsi and it's a lot of fun or so I heard. Should I or is it too high km?
Pic related

I kind of miss it.