What's the coolest...

what's the coolest, most fun to drive $45k-55k stickshift car you can buy right now that won't lose half its value in 6 years?

used + new

Well you posted it.

bmw m3 e46

Probably an E39 M5

>coolest
Completely subjective
>most fun to drive
Look up reviews and test drive and see for yourself
>wont lose value over 6 years
Cars are depreciating assets

Tell that to the people with air cooled 911s
You're generally right though

thats a funny eway to type bmw m3 e46

you're not as clever as you think you are

you can get these cars for $25k, op states $45-55k

This and the NSX

This or an M4 are probably the most correct answers. I imagine an M2 will hold its value extremely well

r34 GEE TEE ARU

because of fast and furious it'll never lose value

Actually for the money, the 1m is probably a safer bet. The M4 has a pretty piss poor reputation and will probably sink in value like the e90 m3. The M2 will always be overshadowed by the 1M, like how the Z3M coupe will overshadow the Z4M coupe.

I can't really imagine the M4 will hold it's value well. There's about 5 of them on my floor in my parking garage alone, and I can hardly leave home without seeing multiple Chinese kids driving them everywhere.

Anyone of them assuming you don't put any miles on it.

A car is a product not an investment and if your treat it as such we will likely loose your ass.

He's not asking for an investment, he's asking what's not going to lose half it's value in 6 years, ie a car that's already depreciated and prices are staying pretty level, like the Supra (which is actually going up).

1969-1973 Porsche 911

it's always some retarded boomer or gen x'er that bought an optioned out generic luxury sedan new that says shit like this

>oh no my A4 that i bought new for $50k new is worth $5k now!! all cars depreciate like a rock!!!!!

NSX NA1

The JZA80 isn't exactly that fun btw

>doesn't corner that well
>relatively low power to weight ratio
>slower 1/4 mile than a Rev 3 SW20 Turbo (aka the best toyota)

It's only saving grace is the insane tuning potential the platform has.

The JZA80 is one of my favorite cars, but I'm the first to admit it's really not that great of a car besides the crazy potential of the drivetrain. I think it's more of a "loved it since I was a child" emotional kind of thing with the Supra that attracts people to it.

What does it's value matter in 6 years? If you're not going to keep it, don't buy it. It doesn't matter if it's a $3k shitbox or $300k. If you're concerned about resale value then you can't afford the initial, if the sale price in 6 years is a worry. Look at the cars in the price range, is it a good deal for the condition? and compared to the original MSRP?
I was born in 93 and I drive a $3k shitbox so keep licking your sounds kitten.
I'm not the moron about to piss away $50k on a car because it's less fun but a better liquid asset.

E30 M3 is not going down, and I've driven regular E30s and love them

>What does it's value matter in 6 years? If you're not going to keep it, don't buy it. It doesn't matter if it's a $3k shitbox or $300k
It obviously matters to OP. If someone offers you a pack of skittles for $5 or a pack of skittles for $3, you're going to take the $3 one because it's a better use of your money. If resale value matters to OP, then a car that's "done" depreciating is better use of his money.

r32

Probably 996 or 997 Porsche Turbo.

STi

Cars that have depreciated and are holding their values at respectable numbers are just better.

It means there is a quality to them that makes them desirable as opposed to the 3k shitboxes you drive that have depreciated to virtually nothing.

Golf R

this is actually an excellent answer

>thinking a $50k golf will hold it's value

Want to have fun with that $50k then sell it in six years but at a healthy profit? Buy snek, like yesterday. Just don't let it kill you...

the JZA80 actually has incredibly powerful brakes that outmatched even Porsches of its era. its definitely not that bad on the corners due to its low flexing chassis because (((it seems))) it was built for that insane amount of power
i agree with the rest tho

nsx is nothing special either buddy

By your argument the toyotabru is then the best car out their period. Every ricer wants them so demand=quality?

Why is the 1m regarded so much higher than the m2?

If every ricer wanted them, 3 year old examples wouldn't be selling for a 2/3 of what they cost new. They'd be commanding a much higher price.

Compare that to an STI, A 2013 STI costs $37k new, you see examples selling now for $33k.

1m is like a skunkworks project from BMW, low production numbers to test the waters. It's described as more "raw" and unique.

M2's production numbers is kept low, but not for the same reason. It's also described as softer, perhaps not as special or unique.

Also the 1m comes with the N54 vs the N55 in the M2. The N54 has a much better reputation for extracting large numbers.

Older generations of STI hold value because they all have the same engine. They just get more pigfat as they go on. So older is better for enthusiasts. Toyobaru is still improving.

toyobaru's value has been annihilated by its reputation for being slow, it's gonna go the way of the 240sx

in a year maybe two, you'll see 2013 models with 80k miles going for $12k.

regarding the STi, you're right. Once they release an STi with a new engine (and it's good), the recent model year STi used prices will plummet.

A detomaso pantera.

Do it.

Supras are hilariously overpriced.

There is literally no reason on the face of the planet that car should be so inflated. You're buying into the F&F fanboi-ism.

A clean 240sx is worth some good money right now compared to what you bought it for 10 years ago

r32 in the US and keep it stock

>not 45k

it will be if you keep it clean and dont fuck with it

>but muh r33 is coming soon

no one is going to want an r33

it is a dream of mine to fully build a 1M

sure, if you wait 20 years maybe the toyobaru will bounce back

i don't think the R32 is gonna be that valuable

The smart move would be to buy a bunch of R34 GT-R's, store them and put some miles on a track to keep them healthy.

the illegally imported r34's aren't legally going to be able to be sold once they become legal to import. They need proper documentation as to when they are imported into the US. Also they aren't legally allowed to be tracked right now

i should expand more... they need to have been legally imported to be legally sold

>inb4 florida

florida is a shit hole with no real laws and no curvy roads

honestly it's a 997 Porsche 911 S

anything other answer is just...well...not as good

damn, that sucks

>won't lose half its value in 6 years?
this is the most retarded thing I've ever read.

oh look, a worthless opinion from a worthless person

well you asked a dumb question, or the OP asked a dumb question.

if you buy a car worth its weight, then it won't depreciate at all. a car only depreciates when people get a taste of its maintenance costs, or its insurance premiums, or how much money it actually takes to put the damn thing on the road. if you have a well-engineered car that is fun and powerful, it will depreciate very little, or depreciate and then hit bottom plateau. so really what you should be looking for, are cars that are a few years old and have started leveling out in value.

>talks shit about the Supra
>posts another memed car that's absolute dog shit compared to today's cars

Come on man.

This

If you're getting into cars wanting to keep your investment, you're fucking retarded.

What is it with people calling themselves enthusiasts on this board who are always talking about resale value and depreciation?

If you really love a car you want to keep it forever. I have NEVER bought a car thinking about resale. This is when buying new makes sense.
If you can pick which cars will be this way before they age you're doing even better

> if you have a well-engineered car that is fun and powerful, it will depreciate very little, or depreciate and then hit bottom plateau.

This is and other factors is precisely what OP means when he's asking for a car that won't depreciate by half in 6 years. But nah, you have to do all this mental gymnastic and back pedaling to damage control I guess.

Please shut the fuck up.

I'm tired of this "it can only do drag meme." It can do damn near everything well, it's just this one aspect got blown out of proportion.

These won't hold their value you retards there's too many of them and they aren't landmark or exclusive enough. A BMW 1M coupe on the on other hand will.

>as much liftoff oversteer as the sw20
oh my lord why does this always gets overlooked on the nsx, but meme'd to death in the mr2

Because most people don't have access enough to NSXes to actually know from experience.

Financial barrier of entry difference is vast.

yeah but even
>unbiased
reviewers shit on the sw20 because "hurp durp liftoff oversteer you wull die cunt"
but the nsx?
nope, it handles like a perfect dream with no problems at all.

6-cyl Cayman 981

Viper, hands down.

I hate the pedestal the NA1 NSX and FD are put on, as if they can do no wrong.

the nsx has a really "hard spot" for me
im brazilian, and around here the NSX is "the car that senna drove"
so if you shit talk the nsx, its therefore the same as shittalking senna, which is therefore the same as shit talking the country
it seems rather hard to find people around the world who dislike either of the first two tho

First two what, just to clarify?

Man, the RX-7 potato spinner FD seems like it was an extremely finely tuned car, a masterpiece of engineering. I wonder, if Veeky Forums existed in the 90s, would they be spamming this image and nurburgring laptimes while constantly going PISTONKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH?

>Will turn more heads than any normie supercar
>Will retain its value for literal decades
>Is faster than anything else on the road with the right engine

A 911 would also be acceptable.

More "the FD is perfect."

Focus RS is perfect for you. One of the highest regarded cars today. And it's from Europe so you know it's good. the mk4 Supra is a good choice as well. Just like the BMW's

Any Manual Commodore or Falcon be it 6 or 8 cylinder.. They are no more so all that happen is the price will go up over the years.

And obviously the muritard wins in under-steer

E92 m3

Import an R32 GTR

Why do they all corner harder to the right than the left?

850 CSi

Ill try to answer factually, unlike so much of the nonsense in this thread.

To start with, most cars holding their value are special models, or just special cars in general.

For instance, Viper gts, c5 and c6 vettes and z06s, cobras, and Gt500s have all held their value. A mustang GT or camaro SS isnt enough, it really needs to be considered special within that niche market. A GT will lose value nearly as fast as a v6 depending on how you look at it.

For the past 5-10 years, clean z06 c5s have been 20 grand, 03 cobras ~18k, c6s at about 22k, 07 gt500s went up a little closer to 30k, usually under that.

So judging from this, srt10 vipers or something like a 2011 or 2013-14 gt500 would be in that price range and literally drop little to no value over 5+ years. Whearas a fully optioned camaro ss or challenger RT at 40k or so would be worth half that probably

first two items from the list, the nsx and senna
no one cares if you trash talk brazil tho

Almost every car loses it's value by half after 6 years... Nibba you dumb.

A 60 thousand dollar M3 will be 30 thousand after 6 years, guaranteed.

A Lotus Elise for about 20k, with a full carbon body panel swap, interior strip and Audi Motor swap makes better power to weight than the Veyron. For about 40-45k you could build a monster of a car out of that platform factoring in frame stiffening, suspension adjustments, etc.

Of course it won't be a fucking walk in the park, it's a shitload of work, but that car will hold it's value and be a monster on street and on track.

i know 55k is kinda pushing it but hey ive seen some older ones at auctions in the 40's

996 tarbo

Saw one while I was in London, the owner was nuts driving it at probably 70mph down St. James St.

citroen sm

Evoras value drops by like half the moment it rolls out the door, only like a 10k difference between one with 5000km amd 80'000km