Give me reasons I shouldn't buy a Porsche Boxster

Give me reasons I shouldn't buy a Porsche Boxster

Other urls found in this thread:

oregonpca.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ORPCA-IMS.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

only buy one if you can spend $5k on preventative maintenance immediately after purchase

IMS bearing.

If that's not an issue, sure.

Couldn't afford a 911 so you bought the girl version instead, huh?

Just bought one. First thoughts:
-you're gonna be worried about it every night
-if the IMS hasn't been replaced you're kinda SOL
-Tbh if it's not an S low rev performance is meh
-Rear main seal goes wrong
-Not easy to access the engine for yourself
-Need to do mods to even make it somewhat comparable in interior features to a newer 3 series BMW
That being said, I've had a ton of fun with it and love the car to death.

Or if the previous owner has already done that preventative maintenance

miata

corvette

I don't like cocks in my ass

You just want the title of "look how much money I have". I think that's worse than a faggot.

Nigga pls. I've put 400 dollars into TWO of them in the past 30k miles.

Porsche is even more gay, desu

Oh, also, while it's comfy and shit after driving a shitty semi all day on shitty country backroads and shit, it's been kicking my ass lately on my hour drive to and from work

Don't be a retard and do some preventative maintenance. There are plenty of articles online on how to do everything from changing your wipers to tearing down the engine online

not a bad car at all
just read up a bit before doing it
oregonpca.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ORPCA-IMS.pdf

An SW20 MR2 is cheaper, better looking, more fun, and is made from parts bin Toyota parts.

Test drove one
>ask to test drive 986 boxster
>its red but the price is good and i want a track beater
>dealer has a dumb black dude who could barely put together a sentence drive to the lot and bring it up so i can drive it.
>see him pull up and walk over
>he sees me
>yo drivan that cherry rayd thang?
>pfffft hyav fun heh

Anyway, I have a 135i that has 303 horse power.
The 986 base has low 200s but it drove really nice. I was impressed. The interior is pretty fucking dated and unless maintained really well falls apart easy. Porsche was in a bad place when they built these and they cheaped outon the interiors as a cost saving measure. 20 years later it shows.

The driving experience was great and the midengine makes turning really fun.

The autotragics in these are really fucking bad. Don't even consider it. Porsche's autos are complete shit until 2009, probably because they knew people would buy this one as a status symbol. .

I don't think its a better car than a 135i if you can find one. However, it is my next choice after the 135i/335i.

SERIOUSLY consider going for a 2008+ BMW 135 or 335i. The pricing is the same but the HP and quality of life will be MUCH better.

The button start, auxillary port, bluetooth phone, and harmon kardon speakers are the only add ons I like and going without them would be pretty difficult.

The speakers in the boxster are not good, you'll have a key to start it, you'll need to hold your phone to your ear to talk which isn't really possible in a stick, and the interior is not impressive to chicks who will judge you.

The performance is actually really fucking good though on the base stick.

Can confirm a lot of it. auxiliary port is really easy to add, 10 bucks and 15 minutes.

Interior gets sun damaged and scratched easily, unless you have shittons of leather. In good condition, it's still fairly full featured for a budget car, and if you're driving it right bitches will be having too much fun to care about the interior aesthetic.
Also who tf talks on the phone while driving anymore?

also price wise, I bought my boxster for 5500, with complete service records/already fixed IMS/RMS/Oil Separator/New clutch/Tires so I dare you to find a better bang for buck 335i or 135i

Give me one reason why you're not buying a 911

you really lucked out on your purchase, most boxster owners don't give a fk about the ims or they vehemently deny that theirs could fail since they've lasted 80k miles without addressing it

Just like 70% of this board I'm gonna respond to you before reading any of the comments so if all this has been addressed, eh, still don't care

Unless you can't afford it, go for it. By can't afford, I mean $2500/yr maintenance. People will bitch about IMS but realistically, if it's running without issue, that ticking time bomb hasn't hit zero yet. Better to buy one with the correction completed but hey, there are cars out there that will never get it fixed and never have it go wrong... there aren't warning signs though, peace of mind is priceless.

It's faster than its rivals, has more trunk space, feels and sounds better, and remember the 996 was a copy of the Boxster, not the other way around.

Love, a previous Boxster owner who sold it for a realistic car and can't yet afford a solid Boxster S yet

Yeah, definitely did. But guy did fuck all cosmetically, steering wheel was grimy as fuck and paint is missing clearcoat in a few spots. Doesn't bother me when I open it up and drive through corners

>wanting the shitiest porsche sportscar.

I have a 10 Boxster S. A flat 6 is a work of Art. I haved owned Vetts & a BMW, didn't like any of them. This i like.

That's a girl car

there isn't one unless you want something lighter in which case get mrs or elise

and zzw30 is lighter, more fun, better handling and made from parts bin toyota parts

That's true though. IMS bearings fail under 40k miles, and a lot of bearings have already been replaced

i love how when I was asking wether to get MRS vs boxter people were saying to get porsche because it has 0 maintenance issues, never breaks down and will never need any extra money from you and how mrs nuke the entire state when the precats go.
I've only had to replace brake pads on my MRS and now this is an entire thread about how unreliable boxters are

>people who drove the Boxster all say its great
>people who haven't bitch about it
Really activates your almonds doesn't it?

Who told you that it'll never need maintenance? It's an old car, all old car need maintenance

some retarded autistic busriders on Veeky Forums.
Boxter honestly is a great car, and Id like the new cayenne or whatever.

No, my almonds are 100% activated 100% of the time

You faggots hop on the miatas dick all day long and yet somehow shit on a cheap mid-engined porsche that is superior in every way

Something something bitching about German Engineering™

I love how everything is galvanized on the Boxster, makes jobs piss easy. Did brakes in an Accord today and we spent most of out time dealing with rust

rust in pieces

expensive parts, if you dont get the s get the 2.7 or you're fugged

>If you don't get the S trim, get the base trim
Thanks, Cap.

Also 2.5 models can be bit more robust due to the Double Row IMS bearing, so if you do go with a 2.5 it's not that awful. The extra horses and torque are nice but unless the IMS bearing has been fixed or it's super high mileage and a comprehensive PPI has been done, don't grab it.

only if you want to swap a honda engine in it because you will need to.

but the 2.5 leaks oil

>N54
>quality of life will be MUCH better

I'm a bimmer nut but come on dude the N54's are a nightmare waiting to happen

They all did if they weren't well maintained.

The 2.5 was eligible for spec racing

Even a base 996 costs the same as two decently specced Boxsters.

Save up and get a cayman instead, boxster is even faggier than a miata.

>replying to the ruseman

My friend needed help changing the clutch on his 2000 boxter one day, i regret agreeing to help him because it was a fucking pia without a lift

So every car ever

You're a faggot