Does anyone else get infuriated by other peoples' parents giving them everything?

Does anyone else get infuriated by other peoples' parents giving them everything?

I don't think there's a more infuriating thing than hearing that some normies' parents bought them a car and paid their entire college tuition.

Like what the fuck? Why do I have to cover the cost of all this bullshit while some fucking normie gets to live for free and enjoy saving up $250k by the time he's 25?

HOW is this fair? WHY is this fair?

Other urls found in this thread:

kauffman.org/blogs/growthology/2011/11/how-many-millionaires-are-small-business-owners
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pick up a shovel and get to work.

>he thinks life is fair
you have to be older than 10 to post here.
fuck off.

I'll never be able to compete. It's pretty much futile.

It just fills me with so much rage that while I work and save and invest into Index funds like a good little cuckold, people are literally going on $10k vacations every month and #TURNINGUP with their parents money.

How the fuck is this fair?

it fills me with so much rage, I can understand why people become criminals now. I can understand why people want to inflict their vengenace on the world.

because my happiness isnt based off others success, user. You gain zero from being jealous and you gain zero from being upset. You're coping for your own failures and the lack of progress.

Work harder and give your children the same things you missed out on. stop perpuating a cycle of misery believing life should be fair. You have two arms and two legs, You have the ability to take out loans and get a degree. Go do it, you werent going to do anything else. right? Save and let compound interest guide you to millionaire and give that to your kids.

you can try r9k

>Work harder and give your children the same things you missed out on. stop perpuating a cycle of misery believing life should be fair. You have two arms and two legs, You have the ability to take out loans and get a degree. Go do it, you werent going to do anything else. right? Save and let compound interest guide you to millionaire and give that to your kids.

user. I understand this all very well, and I've been living like a frugal jew for my entire life as a teenager. I will be a millionaire at some point in my lifetime.

But the thing is that I want the money NOW, not in 20 or 30 years. I don't want to save like a frugal kike and use a shitty phone, a shitty computer, and drive a beater because I know In the Future(tm) I'll have $x amount of money.

Yes if I save and keep working at this pace I'll have money for retirement. But I don't want it when I'm 60 and old as fuck. I want it now. And I never will or can get it. It's just not fair. I'm tired of living like a borderline homeless person. I'm tired of regularly contributing to my investment portfolio. I want to have fun.
I want to enjoy myself.

I could get hit by a car and die tomorrow, and I'll have to show for it is myself living in The Future(tm).

Being born to loser parents with no ambition is probably one of the main reasons why my life is shit.

>I will be a millionaire at some point in my lifetime.
doubtful.

frugal people don't generally become millionaires.
nor do investors.

>doubtful.
>frugal people don't generally become millionaires.
>nor do investors.

? It's not much of a stretch.

Everyday in the US there's hundreds of people who become millionaires. it's really not that much money these days.

>Everyday in the US there's hundreds of people who become millionaires.
yes, and almost none of them are getting that way by being frugal or from investing.

also every day there's hundreds of people that drop out from being millionaires.

Born to the wrong people, a.k.a "Poor". Simple as that. Among the world population, very few ever get to even be close to be considered "rich". In the eyes of perhaps 75% of the global population, you are already wealthy. But in the eyes of the relatively wealthy firstworlders, to be truly rich at a young age implies a statistically tiny chance of simply being born into it. Or the even smaller chance, more like an anomaly, of being a LEGITIMATELY successful, engrepeneurial individual and truly earning that $$$.

Either way, whining will not earn you shit. Grit your teeth all you want, at least you will know what it means and what it takes to get what you want from life.

I get where you're coming from but life isn't fair, you need to stop being jealous and do what you need to do in order to make something of yourself. When you're older perhaps you could afford to give your kids the luxury of paid tuition

I don't think it's a luxury in the US anymore. It's an obligation. In most states you can sue your parents and force them to pay for your college under child support laws.

All you have to do is work full time save 15% of your income in a Roth IRA and you'll be a millionaire in 30-40 years, that's literally how most people do it, retard.

>that's literally how most people do it, retard.

how do you square your imagined 'fact' with the real truth that most self-made millionaires (over 80%) own businesses?

[citation needed]

>has access to internet and time to shitpost on Veeky Forums
>thinks he had a bad start

How do we strike back against the normies?

Tracy, Brian. Million Dollar Habits: Proven Power Practices to Double and Triple Your Income. Irvine, CA: Entrepreneur Press, 2006.

BTFO
B
T
F
O
FINISH HIM

no need.
this is common information that can easily be learned just by googling, "how many millionaires own businesses."

Veeky Forums should be wary of the idea that you can work hard and save and you'll retire a millionaire. This is true, but only if you work in highly skilled professions like law or medicine or applied science.

>Double and triple your income

Ah yes, very reputable source.

REEEE other people had a better roll of the dice then me.
I hate everyone who has it better REEEEE
Why not me REEEEE

Like other posters said save up so you can offer your kids these opportunities. Then 20 years from now another user can complain about your normie kids, and say they didn't deserve it and devalue what you have done.

i will never have children

I don't want to cuck myself. I refuse to spend money on ANYONE except for myself

it's common knowledge with hundreds of surveys to back it up.

>The Post is correct in its suggestion that the more narrow interpretation of the data is the better one.Indeed, it's not surprising that if one is looking at millionaires that the vast majority have some ownership in a business of some sort.
kauffman.org/blogs/growthology/2011/11/how-many-millionaires-are-small-business-owners

>I don't want to cuck myself. I refuse to spend money on ANYONE except for myself
most millionaires also have children.
not surprising really since most adults have children, but good evidence that having kids has pretty much nothing to do with financial success or failure.

>HOW is this fair? WHY is this fair?
It's not fair. Life's not fair.

What'cha gonna do about it, loser?

In the UK I can't pass graduate job interviews because I don't have a posh accent and I'm not extroverted.

REEEE

My friend, in the short term that might be nice but that's like being a lion being raised at the zoo. If you put that lion back out there it can't survive because it's too weak. 2/3 of the world's billionaires are self made for a reason.

I have a friend named Julian, grandfather is a millionaire. My friend went to college and dropped out, went to another college and dropped out, and then went back to the first college he dropped out of and dropped out AGAIN. His grandfather bought him a brand new Honda Accord coupe which he uses to deliver pizza. He's a hipster that just smokes weed....think about it...is he really successful?

Ppl like you need to use that fucking pain and use that fire to motivate you, use all that hate to drive, mold, and shape your future. Fuck bitches, fuck doing anything the isn't serving your future self!

There are your possible future children that aren't even born yet that could possibly starve in the future because of your choices today. I don't believe in Christianity or any organized religion, but I'd be damned to say paths aren't chosen. Success isn't a mistake my man, hope is for the homeless.

Write down those fucking goals, and take millions of baby steps to get to it. And when that goal is right in front of you take that big fucking leap and reach out for it! It's yours OP. And with all that pain you went through? The sweet nectar of success will taste even sweeter.

Die hard OP...work like a slave, save Luke a rat. Live like no one else so you can live like no one else. May the gods of success be with you.

>Write down those fucking goals, and take millions of baby steps to get to it. And when that goal is right in front of you take that big fucking leap and reach out for it! It's yours OP. And with all that pain you went through? The sweet nectar of success will taste even sweeter.
>Die hard OP...work like a slave, save Luke a rat. Live like no one else so you can live like no one else. May the gods of success be with you.

I'm just struggling to stay on this path user.

Maybe it would just be better to become a darkweb drug vendor or something. Fuck this life

Fucking this. You can be given all the money in the world and do nothing with it if you don't have the motivation to be successful.

There's currently a big heroin epidemic where I live. And it's mostly occurring in neighborhoods that are upper middle class. My theory is these kids that grew up spoiled and were given everything, can't cope with the world. When you're given everything you want, there's no goals to achieve and no incentive to work hard for your dreams.

OP, while you may have to struggle more to get what you want, the reward will feel more worthwhile in the end.

You're right.

i got the time, time to get started on those get rich quick schemes.

> parents bought me new car when 16
> parents paid for my college and expenditures
>lived with parents first 3 years of working
> parents give 50k for house down payment
> traveled the world
>spend 3k a month and still saving plenty
>saved 250k by 29

my kids will have the same benefits

mfw

>frugal people don't generally become millionaires.
>nor do investors.

If you make $100k and save $50k of that per year you'll be a millionaire in 2017 dollars after 14 years, assuming a 5% rate of return, just by parking your savings in the S&P.

You can also save a bunch on tax if your savings are going into a 401(k).

>poor af
>marry a grill
>turns out she was gifted an apartment by her parents even before we met
>mfw no mortgage to pay
>mfw easy head start in life

There is one factor that has more to do with where you end up in life than any other. It's not race, it's not country of origin, it's not the income bracket your parents come from: it is and always has been IQ. Nothing has a higher statistical correlation with wealth than IQ. Poor countries are poor because of low IQ. Rich countries are rich because of high IQ. Ditto with people. Best estimates on heritability is that 75% come from your parents average and the last 25% is random/environmental. If your parents are poor because they are retarded, you are also most likely retarded. Do humanity a favor and dont breed.

Source: the bell curve, by Richard murray.

My dad makes a lot of money (president of a large company) but always pretends he's broke even though he has no problem dropping $10k on a new lawnmower.

He barely helped me out after I left for college. Never helped me pay down my student loans. It fucking sucks. I'm all on my own.

>Source: the bell curve, by Richard murray.

But IQ tests measure peoples' ability to take iq tests...

You can prepare for them and do far better

It's not fair. Nowhere does it say life is fair. However, if it helps, chances are those Normies aren't going to be doing so well in a couple years. When everything is given to you, value is lost forever, but when you work hard for something you learn that through your sacrifice you know how much better off you are. The richest people in the world don't leave there kids shit for inheritance, the give it away while alive. Are they going to work to make sure that there kids get the proper tool? Sure but if you give a kid a couple million dollars and tell him go succeed that money will not last 2 generations. You send a kid to College that's better. You put yourself through college it's the best because you did it on your own. There is a sense of accomplishment there

Yeah but see that's the problem. It's why economists like J.S. Mill decried inheritance. It means you don't work for what you get. I will be fair, other economists like Irving Fisher have said there is a fluid movement of wealth in succeeding generations and the overall wealth will ebb and flow, but I disagree, especially when you set interest rates up like they've been set up now.

Giving everything to the next generation is morally wrong, and supports indolence. The idea of inheritance being completely taxed away is, as it always will be, a good idea. One should work for what they get in this life, as opposed to being handed everything on a silver platter because of where they are from, or who they are.

>If you make $100k and save $50k of that per year
$100k is more than about 90% of americans make.

saving half your income is equally unlikely.

that's why the people that manage to do it are almost all lawyers, doctors, engineers, managers, and business owners.

in real life people don't make that much money and they sure as hell don't save that much. Though I understand it's a common misconception on Veeky Forums where most of the board sponges off their parents.

Nigga you've obviously never taken a real IQ test. Iq tests messure nothing other than the speed and depth of your pattern recognition skills. Researchers have tried fucking everything to eliminate "cultural bias" in the fervent hope that their equality fantasy is real. If your IQ number is only related to your abilitiy to take IQ tests, its pretty fucking bizarre that it is the highest correlated factor when it comes to income, crime, std's, marriage and divorce rates, etc.

he's right, but again real life doesn't work the way he imagines.

in real life nobody sits around taking practice IQ tests all the time just to improve their score. So the tests are predictive.

This.I remember sitting with a bunch of rich kids with their fancy hair, fancy phones and spending money care free.then the landlord walked in, he had allot more money than them combined and many properties but you could see from the look in his eyes he was worn out and beat down from a life of hoarding money and busting his ass.its not the same being rich when your old and worked so hard for it.shure I'm shure its a great feel of its own but your not as carefree and cant really be the rich dumbass everyone imagines, and wants to bebe

>your not as carefree and cant really be the rich dumbass everyone imagines, and wants to bebe
sampling bias.

the rich people that ARE carefree aren't in places where poorfags will ever meet them. You think they're attending your college or living in your apartment building? Working at the places you do business?

>However, if it helps, chances are those Normies aren't going to be doing so well in a couple years
>son of high profile lawyers
>grew up wealthy in Pacific Palisades
>went to private school
>attended his fathers alma mater Stanford
>spent his college and high school years partying
>romantically linked to upper echelon hollywood women
He's now engaged to Miranda Kerr, turned down a 3billion deal for snapchat, and is the worlds youngest billionaire. He'll lose all his early advantages any day now I guess.

>The idea of inheritance being completely taxed away is, as it always will be, a good idea. One should work for what they get in this life
Yeah but taxes will just go towards helping some other mother fuckers be lazy fucks. And if everything you work for in your life gets taken away from you when you die you're less likely to work hard.

I make $104k/yr and save >$40k/yr. It's more common than you think.

>It's more common than you think.
no, it is literally less than 10% of working americans.

even if I pretend to believe you make that much, it doesn't demonstrate that more than 10% of americans do.

I doubt you make that much though. People too retarded to understand why anecdotes aren't representative almost never get paid that much.

But this is the problem with thinking about everything in terms of being a republican or democrat. Inheritance is taxed so the Government can perform better without shitlords bloating academic institutions and creating a deterministic plutocracy like todays Randian dystopia.

>most self-made millionaires (over 80%) own businesses
This is a lie. 80% earned their own money (as opposed to inheriting it), but the majority of that 80% are neither self-employed nor own businesses.

90%+ of lottery winner go bankrupt. One of the best funded school districts in america is baltimore and its still an utter failure. Frequent welfare users tend to both be from welfare households and give birth to children who will use welfare as adults. That is because money doesnt solve problems. People solve problems, and are justifiably rewarded with income when they do.

Trust someone who wants to tax all inheritance to be a total lunatic. WTF are you trying to say here?

>80% of self made millionaires made their own money
Woulda thought it was closer to 100%. Who knew.

That's what I'm saying. Reqard people for what they do, don't just give everything to them right away. You are a fucking retarded republican/democrat/libertarian cunt for saying the government doesn't work well and then accusing me of treating inheritance the wrong way. One of the biggest errors in society is thinking that if someone's parents worked hard they should be given an easy life. Let your work be hard, and let it be intellectual, but work, damn you! That is the only way anything gets done.

Read the words.

>the majority of that 80% are neither self-employed nor own businesses.
the number is actually higher than 80%.

it's close to 100% by any measure.
almost all self-made millionaires own businesses.

I refuse to work in a deterministic plutocracy like today's Randian dystopia. SEIZE THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION

I'm sorry, but no matter how many times you repeat it, it's still a lie. #fakenews. Bullshit. A sad meme forced by NEETs to justify their failures.

The average middle-class office worker can easily acquire a 7 figure net worth through intelligent saving and intelligent investing habits. That's where the vast majority of millionaires come from. Not moguls, just plain ol' main street.

I don't know why you delude yourself, but if you're using it as an excuse to not try (as I suspect), that's a really stupid thing. Stop being stupid.

As in the dystopia in Rand's fiction. I'm not criticizing Rand, although she certainly had her flaws.

But we're talking about millionaires and how to become one here. That's how.

90% of the US population isn't very smart that's why they don't

Just because I criticise your views doesn't mean you can assume I hold some other view. I'm just talking in terms of incentives that if your goal is to get people to work hard I think confiscating inheritance is unhelpful. Like the other guy said 90% of lottery winners go bankrupt. That's fine. Eventually evolution will weed out rich people who become lazy in their comfort. There's no need to rush the process with crazy incentive changes that prevent people from wanting to work in the first place.

Evolution is just a theory. Like your theory that if we let people with more money and different culture rule the world they will somehow be altruistic for people they are out of touch with.

You can see how this inheritance dilemma can be a problem with interest rates being what they are.

>I don't know why you delude yourself, but if you're using it as an excuse to not try (as I suspect), that's a really stupid thing. Stop being stupid.
I'm a business owner and a millionaire.

just mentioning that you're wrong. I don't care if you don't believe me though. The world needs hard-working poor people that believe they'll get rich.

>90% of the US population isn't very smart that's why they don't
sure, I'm just saying there's a better than 90% chance that you're not very smart either.

You are actually retarded. It's pointless talking to you. I haven't said anywhere that I expect people to be altruistic. I could give a fuck about any culture that can't generate their own wealth.

Interest rates are like -1%. But also, what the fuck are you talking about?

But if we realize the fact that if you budget and invest in low cost etfs how does that make us dumb?

Coming from (no longer) kid who got a fair amount

it's not all it's chalked up to be. To be honest, it doesn't feel rewarding at all, and even during my teens it felt empty.

Work > gibs in my experience, however I can see why it would be different for some people.

I also don't have some super-job that I got into through my parents, I have to go and do all my shit myself. No connections.

I should also say they never listened to me, so that might factor in to my sentiments.

>But if we realize the fact that if you budget and invest in low cost etfs how does that make us dumb?
if you budget and invest then what?
that's not even a sentence, OP.

all I'm telling you is you're not going to get rich investing and saving unless you happen to be a lawyer, engineer, doctor, or manager. People that become millionaires make more money, they don't just save and invest.

>10k lawnmower
Thats a nice way of spelling honda civic.

There's a lot more jobs than lawyer or engineer.

Trades people or software developers make tons too

Move to venezuela brah, no need to wait for communism to come to you when you can go wait in bread lines today.

Look at this filthy marxist gibsmedat.

>Trades people or software developers make tons too
yep.
generally as business owners and self-employed.

I thought most millionaires made it through real estate (or does that count as "self-employed")? Seems like you could live pretty comfortably by increasing your cash flow with rental income.

>I thought most millionaires made it through real estate
a lot do, but not most
>(or does that count as "self-employed")?
yeah, they're business owners

Yes, it makes me jealous and mad, I'll admit it. Those kids that get THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of free dollars for college have no concept of money. They have no concept of money or the true cost of college.

But we are the lucky ones. The ones with no connections, no rich parents, we are the ones that are able to say that we are self made. That is something the Trumps of the world will never ever be able to buy, we are self-made. There is nothing on this planet that feels better than coming from nothing and turning yourself into a wildly successful elite.

>I'll never be able to compete.
Being rich isn't only about how much money you make. It's about what you DO with your money. Do you waste your money on vacations to Ibiza and sexy sports cars to impress other materialistic people? Or do you re-invest it all and create an incredible business that wins awards and gives money to charity?

What do you mean by that? The lawn mower he bought was probably more like 12k. Plus he paid another 10k at the same time to have a road refinished on his property. Bought a 30k car (actually a lot less than I would have thought) for his gold digger new wife

That's right. Interest rates are so low that the possibility of it rising at the rate of itself compounded is so high that the liquidity factor for the interest rate of money will necessitate that the marginal efficiency of capital is very low as well, if not saturated and also that there is way more liquidity than necessary. This means a mismatch of savings to investments which means more savings than investing, which will fix itself only by raising the interest rate, as Janet Yellen did recently. In the meantime, the interest rate rising at this level will discourage long-term investment. Now then, how does one expect to receive greater amounts of money in the future for their hard work at interest rates like these, when bonds and retirement pensions granted in the past have interest rates far above the ones granted now. It's a problem that has no good solution except to cut the problem off before it gets too fast and clean of a cut and the interest rate widens the divide.

You're calling me retarded and you missed the point of the debate. I actually agree with the last sentence of the first line you blithering idiot. I want people to work hard, which is why I'm saying tax the inheritance. You and your retarded brain that is blinded by the right-left dichotomy can't see past the most retarded ruse on the planet: modern political leanings.

>We are the lucky ones

Do you honestly believe this?

Absolutely. I don't know about you, but I would rather be self-made than a materialistic trust fund baby. We have the chance to change the world with our money, they have the chance to buy prada bags.

I rather spend the money than live like a Jewish cockroach Pennypincher

>just mentioning that you're wrong. I don't care if you don't believe me though.
Obviously you do care or you wouldn't have posted. So we've established that you're wrong, you're in denial, and you're a roleplaying delusional faggot. Strike three.

The fact remains that most millionaires spend their entire life drawing a salary and working for someone else. They just do it better than you. So while you're eating catfood and bagging groceries in you're 80's, they're retired an living a quality life.

>Obviously you do care or you wouldn't have posted.
you'll notice that my first post WASN'T in response to you.

I stated a fact which you're free to deny. It doesn't change the fact.

Why would I read any of your posts that aren't replies to me? You're an ignorant kid. I'm not going to learn anything from you, and neither will anyone else.

>Why would I read any of your posts that aren't replies to me?
I don't know, but you did.

You responded to a post of mine that wasn't addressed to you;.

No, you won't learn from me. You're an idiot.

Oh, you're the fag that cited some book that doesn't actually say what he asserted. Fuck, now I can connect the dots. You're a not just a roleplaying, lying, delusional, ignorant kid ... you're a NEET troll too.

Buh-bye.

you seem awfully angry about the fact that almost all self-made millionaires own businesses.

Why do I seem angry? I'm happily insulting you and you keep coming back for more, like some masochistic cuck. This is hilarious to me. You're a joke and you're entertaining me.

Please keep posting.

My dad us retired and only gets a monthly severance package and social security. My mom makes minimum wage.

They both saved up really hard so that they can pay my tuition for the masters program i am in now.

Hopefully i can make big non-autism bux and pay them back and take care of them later.

>Why do I seem angry?
I think we both know.
I make you feel small, and it's not the first time.

Dance monkey, dance.

little matthew, can't stand the accomplishments of better men.

how do you deal with the fact that there's millions of better men than you?

Someone forgot that I have a lot more money than him....

Keep dancing, garbage man.

I don't believe in your wealth any more than you do mine.

if you actually had money you'd know that-
1. you're a business owner
2. most millionaires are business owners

AND you wouldn't be so hurt by my success.

Except I proved mine. You posted pictures of Disneyland and claimed it proves you're a millionaire. You posted your boss' contracts that add up to $50k revenue and claim it proves your a millionaire.

You're a middle-aged, middle-class, middle-intelligence cuck. And you hit your ceiling a LONG time ago. But we already know you've settled for the life you lead, and you've accepted (and apparently relish in) your failures. So nothing I can say will hurt your feelings. Someone like you who roleplays on the internet is so bound up in their fictional persona that they're deaf to reality.

For the record, I am a business owner. However, most millionaires are not. They draw a salary and work for someone else. Period.

But please keep talking about things you'll never experience or know. I love seeing how far you'll go to defend your lies and roleplaying.

>They draw a salary and work for someone else. Period.
I've posted 2 citations saying the opposite.

you've posted nothing denying it.

>actual 12k lawnmower
For 12k you can pay some mexican to keep your garden for many years.

you..you do realize those fuckers aren't happy either right?

anecdotes time:

story #1 - used to tutor a son of a very rich plastic surgeon. at age of 15 he had a $100,000 wardrobe, bought whatever he wanted, spoiled as fuck. He was deeply troubled, neglected by his parents, acted out like a motherfucker, and was pretty ugly. He clinged to me like the big bro he never had.

Story #2 - Dated a girl who was a millionaire. Like million dollars straight cash in her bank account, with 500K worth of clothes and bags, a $120K car, etc. Went to school for "fun", didn't work, didn't do shit. She also attempted suicide, was basically bipolar, major abandonment issues.

Being rich doesn't mean shit. Don't buy into the bullshit.

"Yeah but man, they just are fucking idiots. If I had that money, I'd use it properly and be happy."

Yeah good for you but protip:
1. If you never earned it you wouldn't have that mentality to pull that off
2. Even with your mentality try holding onto it for 10 years and seeing how you feel. Especially if you "upgrade" your social circle.

tldr: OP is a huge fag