Have any of you ever been at fault in an accident before?

Have any of you ever been at fault in an accident before?

I apologised straight away and completely admitted I fucked up to the other driver and luckily the damage was minor, just a scratch, so she was understanding and said she's happy to just settle this without getting insurance involved if I am too.

I feel like such a retard though, I am such a shit driver.

their called accidents for a reason user. its ok.

ive lost my no claims bonus though

Yeah because people don't want to call them killings anymore like they used to be.
It's never an "accident". At least one party is always at fault

I rolled my mom's Plymouth when I was in 10th grade. Taking a 35mph curve at 105 wasn't too bright.

>rear end woman at ~10-12mph
>everything seems ok, get a ticket for following too closely
>no points or anything on my record with $30 online traffic school
>couple months later start getting letters from my insurance
>she was horrifically injured to the tune of $100k

you went to court, right?

>faggot parks like 3 inches from me in a parking lot in a new malibu
>have to enter through the passenger side
>try not to scrape him
>my car gets stuck on his
>gas it in reverse and cut it
>tear up the side of his car
>gas the fuck out while some old lady calls the cops
his fault anyways. the value of my shitbox was about $1000 so I didn't give a fuck. my left wheel well was banged up and the damages to his car was way worse.

Ignore it.
Wait until (if) you're summoned to court, then get a lawyer.
Responding to it is the worst thing you can do.

>glen lerner
Lerner and Rowe are fucking shady fucks

alternatively, hire Rowe because she hired lerner

Fucker got what he deserved

the accident was december 2, 2015 and i just get a letter from my insurance every few months, i'm not worried about it

>they all say shes still in treatment

Top kek

someone is at fault when they bump into another person walking on the street. its an accident and understandable because youre a human and you make accident.
>Yeah because people don't want to call them killings anymore like they used to be.
when the fuck did people ever call non fatal accidents killings? Please respond you fucking retard at least just to admit, yes I am retarded.

No. I've only had women drive into me repeatedly.

Dashcams are wonderful things. $40 will save you from thousands when that woman decides to stop at the end of the merge lane to get on the highway.

This was way back in the day. I'm talking like before WW1 and even a while after that.
The thing is, if everyone followed the road rules no "accidents" would occur. When someone does something wrong on the road causing a collision it's either because they are ignorant of road code or because they don't give a fuck and do the wrong thing anyway. Usually ignorance is no defence for breaking the law but on the road people just say shit happens and call it an accident.

Yeah as humans we all slip up once in a while. Not stopping completely at a stop sign, forgetting to indicate sometimes or exceeding the speed limit by a little. But if your fuckup causes a collision, you're at fault and it's no accident.

Good drivers not only avoid causing an accident themselves but anticipate what other drivers are doing and can avoid collisions with other cars driving like fucking braindead maniacs. If you watch where you're going while walking down the street and aren't try to act like a hard cunt then you won't bump into anyone

Yes I have, youll feel bad for a bit then get over it;

I was rear ended today myself. Some chick slammed into the back of my miata. Cant open my trunk without cutting a hole somewhere.

And these were fatal collisions I'm talking about. Not as many people survived car crashes back then.
Still, we don't such collisions killing nowadays

I'm terrified of this. I really want my car to last, but also drive it everyday because I enjoy it.

Cannot wait for the self driving cars to come in

It's called an accident because it's not intentional, not because of fault.

Never admit fault anyways.
But no I haven't, then again I don't really drive my car much, but I ride my motorcycle a lot.

If you're breaking the rules knowingly or unknowingly it doesn't matter. You're at fault

I have one accident where I was at fault.
>Taking off from a light.
>A dude decides he has to turn so he slows down without an indicator as far as the driver behind him said.
>Driver behind him was probably playing with his dick so he has to brake so hard he locked the tires for half a second.
>Driver behind that one floors as well, stops a cm behind second dude.
>I floor my brakes, lol Trailblazer is heavy and the rear brakes ain't really working right.
Squished the bumper of the guy in front of me so he tapped the one in front of him.
The dude I hit was chill since he had full coverage, his car was old and it was just the bumper. I felt like a complete dick though. The guy he bumped into, however, had absolutely no damage yet wouldn't shut up. He tried to get me to give him 100$ for the literally non existent damage to his 100$ car. At first threatened to break my window, after it didn't work he tried to grab me. Fucking retard even admitted the window part to the police.
Long story short the ticket disappeared mysteriously after 10$ partly because the cops were pissed off at the other two, one of which wouldn't stop talking on his phone and the other, who wouldn't stop threatening.
Moral of the story:
Don't be a dick.

should've let him grab you then claim injury and sue him for assault

Technically.
Driver on a rainy night pulled out of the parking lot without his lights on, clipped my side and sent me into 2 parked cars and made a runner.

Insurance eventually paid out, but boy howdy thanks a lot you scumbag piece of shit for effectively doubling my insurance. Had to hunt down security footage from the supermarket and everything, unfortunately he turned up through the exit with no lights, parked for 2 hours, then left the same way without lights.

Old women are the fucking worst

Mechanical failures though rare do happen

And myself I will add, medical episodes while driving do also happen but usually due to authorities not being aware of this and cancelling their licence until their health is back up to scratch

It's not worth it where I lived. He kinda grabbed me but far from well enough to actually use it as leverage and I got aggressive as well so he let go and backed off until the cops arrived.
Kinda my fault that it escalated as much since I've grown up among trash like him and I shouldn't have been as apologetic.

Bumped into a car in a dedicated right turn lane: they were clear to go and were moving forward as I was coasting up behind them, I look over my shoulder to see if I'm clear, they decide to stop for no reason, and I slam into them at going maybe 3-5 mph. So I, being the total dick that I am, pull over immediately in case they want to get my insurance info for the potential scratches or anything, there's plenty of room to get out and talk, but they kept on going. OK whatever I guess I'll drive away too.

Then like a quarter mile down the road they turn into some bank's parking lot and as I pass by they honk and flail at me like I was somehow supposed to know that was the plan the whole time. But I'm already in the turn lane getting on the freeway, so fuck them for baiting me into a hit and run. I wave out the window and go about my day. They didn't hunt me down for reparations so I guess it was the perfect crime.

Medical episodes are scary. A guy and his sister in my local car scene were killed a few weeks ago. They were coming out of a parking lot, waiting to make a right turn onto the main road, when a guy in a pickup truck coming down the road had a seizure. He mashed the accelerator, veered off the road and slammed into the driver's side of the other car so hard that he pushed it back into the parking lot and into a bunch of parked cars. The driver of the car was killed instantly and his sister died in the hospital a couple days later. Driver of the truck was unharmed.

Better have called the cops on you you fucking nigger

try riding a motorcycle

I got rearended on it once, not pretty,

>its dark
>drive our chrysler voyager (i rarely drive it and hard to see behind me)
>had to back up from a parking slot
>literally drove into someones car without knowing and pushing it at least 1m away
>see that the car is brutally wrecked while mine has literally nothing goin on.
>flee from the scene

The damage was big as fuck. I couldnt sleep that night and was super scared.
1 week later I (or rather the entire town) got a letter from the police which described the accident and asked for witnesses. Was also a pic of the wrecked car on the newspaper. Didnt drive the car for a month.
I never was so terrified, felt like a hunted criminal. Yet they never got me.
Didnt tell my parents or anyone about that.
I still thank god that i got out lucky.

>all these people fleeing from the scene

jesus christ what a nigger thing to do, instead of staying at the scene, owning up to your error and helping the victim get it sorted out you run away.

Fucking faggot retards should stop driving.

If somebody wrecked my car on accident in the parking lot but apologised and offered all details etc I wouldn't be mad at them in all honesty.

Don't park next to shitboxes barely worth scrap metal nigger

yeah she did, i sped out real quick so she couldn't read my plates. got off scot free

This, follow the golden rule you fucking niggers and if you actually learn how to drive you might never be in a fender bender

and if you hadn't got off free, you'd be jailed and banned for life from driving. What a stupid risk.

worry not, just drive more and the feels will fade away.

i have my license for half an year now and so far i've caused two dangerous situations
>one time i switched lanes right before cross-section, making guy in the other lane brake hard
>one time i was lost in thought, haven't saw the guy on other lane stopping for pedestrian crossing; i was braking rather violently and guy behind me had every right to slam my ass, nice of him he didn't

nothing bad had ever happened, except my self-confidence and pride going down. and best remedy for wounded confidence is just driving around until you feel like less of a shit, so it's not a problem. i'm lucky, i guess