18 year old fag here. Just got my license, should i get a 2013 frs as a first car

18 year old fag here. Just got my license, should i get a 2013 frs as a first car

get a civic, you'll crash that car first sign of rain

Just call it a 86. Bloody yanks and your America only badges.

no get something that is cheap and easy to work on. 3k civic or some old toyota or something fun like that.

Yes.

/thread.

That would have been an amazing car to have at 18. If you have the means, go for it!

nah. get something with a 5 speed and a carburetor

No. Get a civic for 3k.

If you have the money and it's what you want, then yes.

First, how are you planning to afford it

Second, how are you planning to afford maintenance/shop work?

Third, have you ever driven a rwd car that's built to throw it's ass out constantly?

Fourth, how are you planning to afford insurance?

Fifth, are you planning to modify it? how are you going to pay for mods?

Really, the point of all these questions is to make sure that you can afford it, not destroy it within 3 months, and not drive up the cost of insurance for the rest of us that have them.

If you've got the money for insurance sure

Im going to get one from a dealer for i hope 200-300 a month for 48 months. Ill probably get it under warranty with the dealer but ill look up ways to do maintenance since id rather not pay someone to change my oil and whatnot. Ill have to figure out insurance though before i do and i don't really plan on any major mods like turboing or supercharging it. Or any mods at all

All good points, OP. Try not to get sucked into modding right away I've had my FRS for 1.5 yrs now and I still only upgrade rims and tires, maybe some sway bars to help complement my stickier tires. It really does have enough power to have fun in for a while.

Oil changes will take 6 qts, every time. I also found out the hard way that you should check oil levels frequently, as mine burned quite a bit, no idea why and that shit was dangerously low on my last change. Really pissed me off.

The best oil filter you can use is the Subaru part # 15208AA130. And of course, keep up with the diff and trans fluid changes

Yes.

If you can, do it. be smug at all these fags with fwd

^this OP
Insurance is a bitch. I am 22 and was looking at getting a 2000-2005 Jetta/golf off craigslist for 2.5k or so
>Home city insurance
>505$/mo for just liability not even full coverage
>insurance but at my dorm
>150$-188$/mo again just for liability
I need it for college because the school I go to is near all highways and some areas don't even have a sidewalk. closest place to get something is a 20 minute walk (one way) to a gas station to buy simple shit like milk and a bag of chips. The nearest walmart is 5 miles away and the next shopping complex is 2 miles.

I worked all summer at a restaurant and retail to get the money together. At about 2400 for a budget. But Insurance is the killer.

Seriously unless you need it, there is no point in going into debt to get a first time fancy car. Get a compact econobox and be glad you can get around. Lastly take heed from DAVE RAMSEY

Sidenote anyone know any good cheap car insurance companies. Tried geico, progressive, and state farm. USAA/Liberty Mutual won't even give me a quote.

2013s won't be in warranty by the end of the year, most aren't in warranty right now. Good luck with that. Even then, it's only powertrain. Most of the TSBs and issues aren't covered in that.

You're 18, you have no credit. You're not gonna pick up a "sports car" for 300 a month.

Prepare to get absolutely fucked for insurance. It might even be more than your car payment, considering you'll need full coverage to appease the finance jews. How much do you have for a down payment? You'll probably need about 5k to be taken seriously and $800/month in disposable income. That's not including maintenance costs and any accidents that might happen.

It's a crime to keep these cars stock. They can be fun, sure, but you'll be missing out on one of the only reasons to get one, honestly. If you're looking for a light rwd car that's modern and actually good stock, I'd recommend an NC miata. You probably won't get raped as hard by dealers and insurance that way and the experience will be about the same.

Get a Brz. Both are fr but brz is more controllable than frs

they're literally the exact same car you fucking mongoloid

no. Tsuchiya said that frs lose control easily.

He will get a first time buyer loan. But yeah unless he puts a huge down payment on that car, he will never ever see 300 a month.

FRS is a great first car. Not enough power to get you into any kind of trouble and most people on the road will be able to easily identify you as a young/inexperienced driver.

As others said: Don't!
I wouldn't recommend financing your first car.
Instead I'd recommend:
- to get a cheap natural aspirated car
- Try to find one with a documented history
- Prefer a galvanized/zinced vehicles
- Don't get a turbo / super charger to avoid costly repairs
- Check replacement parts prices for brakes, exhaust online beforehand
- Choose a common vehicle configuration, e.g. don't buy a AWD version of a vehicle which is mainly sold as FWD version, otherwise your replacement exhaust will cost a fortune
- Limit yourself to < 150hp
- You should be able to completely pay for the vehicle so you won't end up with debts when you crash it

Then:
- Learn to drive properly
- Learn to wrench and do maintenance and repairs on this car
- Keep all recipes of parts/fluids you buy for the car and document your repairs
- If you want to do modifications to your car try to limit yourself to things which are easily reversible. Most people don't want to buy a heavily modified car and prefer near stock vehicles when buying used.
- Buying a good set of tires, brakepads from a renowned manufacturer or replacing the dubious looking brake lines should always have priority over buying not really necessary other tings, e.g. upgrading the stereo system.
- Another point regarding modifications: Keep in mind that you won't drive the car forever. Before buying the new set of nice wheels step back and think about buying high quality tools for example a socket set or a nice car jack which you will be able to use for all of your future vehicles.

>finance
Why do people do this? Why do they not realize that the money goes nowhere and you are driving something with pretty much 0 value for you?

Save your money and Get an old Jeep Wranger. It's one of the cheapest vehicles to insure and there are loads of aftermarket parks and owner forums that can help you fix anything that breaks.

Pay yourself the difference in cost of insurance and monthly payment from what you would be spending to get an 86 and put it in savings to save up and buy whatever you want for a second car.

>aftermarket parks

Auto-correct is a bitch, eh?

>op's originally level: 0

Just buy an e55 w211

Dont listen to these perma-poors trying to scare you. I dont like the Jew boogy man industrial commercial finance complex as much as the next red pilled guy, but the fact is they run the game, they set the odds, and the house always wins.

Credit is everything. If you can get financed then do it. But you make every god damn payment and you don't fuck around. They don't send a greasy guy named Tony to break your legs, they just make sure you never qualify for anything again in this life and your next 9k reincarnations. Dont fuck with the Bank Jew.

However if you do it correctly, you can build tremendous credit even on modest income. You cant totally overcome the debt/income ratio, but when life gets stupid you dont have to worry about begging, you will have credit somewhere. Again dont be a fuckwit. Use it responsibly.

I financed my first car. I paid it until the debt and value on it was equal, then traded for a car 50% more expensive. I washed out of the first car. I have done that three more times and my current vehicle is a 60k vehicle. I have been paying it for 3 years and I could walk away from it tomorrow because I know how to not get upside down.

You also need to make sure you buy GAP insurance. If the car gets totaled, it doesn't matter, the insurance pays off the difference of your loan. You walk away.

These neet shitboxers cant stand anyone else doing better than themselves. Get credit, use credit, get more credit. Until we rise up and throw off the Jew Overlords that's the game. You can drive a shit stain rust bucket until then out of spite because you are the edgy rebel and that will show them, or you can get a nice car, finance it, put some cash down, get GAP insurance at the time if purchase and have zero worries in the world.

Debt is not the end of the world. Its the currency of the modern world. You want to pretend to live in medieval times and have all your wealth in a leather pouch and own one sickly diseased donkey?

F U C K O F F
U
C
K
O
F
F

This is a good post

honestly FRS is a great car and all
but get a fucking civic or some shitty car and learn to drive with that. Youll ding it to no end, scratch the paint, get in accidents and do stupid shit.
Once you get a nice car you're glad it wasn't your first.
Your first car should never ever be good.

300 a month for 48 months is gonna be 12,500-13,000 for you. You're a kid. Even with money down you're going to be buying more than just a car at that age. You'll be buying your credit. Even if you've had a credit card you probably don't have any high credit (significant finances like an item over 7K). They'll make you eat rate because you're a ghost. No choice. No negotiation.

Also, guess what. A fucking $13,000 one of those will be well past warranty. You can buy a dealer warranty, but don't trust the coverage on those (some are good some are not).

On insurance you're gonna get slobber-knocked because you are
>A male
>Under the age of 25
>Not married
>Driving a RWD
>Driving a sports car
>Driving a 2 door vehicle

You couldn't pick a more expensive combination.
Are you going to be saving any money at all after these expenses? I mean, are you going to be putting ANY money in the bank???
>ARE YOU EVEN THINKING???

>I make 7% minimum on my investments. Last year it was 20%.
>My interest is 2.35%
>I'll finance big items if the rate is less than my expected return while investing the rest of my take home lmao

amen

Spoken like a true poorfag who has shit credit and no investments

This.

/thread.

The 2013 brz is less prone to oversteer compared to a 2013 frs you fucking retard

Besides what said.

It also builds up your credit score. When you go in for a mortgage having a financed car that you pay off every month will only improve your score so that you can receive better rates for any future loans.

lrn2personalfinance

>all loans are bad
Memes like this that make people go homeless.

Spring rates are different from what I remember. They changed them in the model refresh tho.

why would you do that?

just get a civic for 3k

That 2013 car is gonna be beat to fuck because some boiracer drove the ever loving fuck out of it

Fucking 18 year olds and their money.

Jesus I'm poor

Ah, the poorfags are here.

should I get a hatchback or a miata instead? really all I'm looking for is something fun to drive.

No, get a shitbox you can learn to wrench on, reliable, and good on gas
You have plenty of time left to get a sports car being as you're only 18