Which is superior?

Which is superior?

First is Torx, or jew-bolt, then allen, but never in anything ferric

Pic related, torq-set

The fuck is that

>spanner head

Allen. I've only ever had an issue when I don't have the right size.

Square > Hex > Robertson > Allen > Torx

Philips is pure shit tier, because it was actually designed to cam out. That's right, every single time you strip a philips head screw, that's a feature, not a bug. Look that up if you don't believe me.

That means you're over torquing it

No, they were designed for mass production and camming out is intentional to limit assembly torque. user is correct.

JIS is similar but superior to Phillips and Reed and Prince.

Allens are ok up until the manufacturer chooses to use soft or low quality metal for the screw, in which case you have to make it into a flat head to get it out.

torx

I liked Robertson (square) when I used them in a cabinetmaking class. Rarely do you see them.

Is JIS pitch the same and metric fine?

Oh man got to love that German quality humor!

Still doesn't change the fact that you're over torquing it

As someone who has been both a factory worker and a construction worker, pozidrive is best if time is important, torx is best if it isn't. Pair pozidrive with a good torque screwdriver and you can make 1200 parts a day easy.

Tbh a couple of these would be really useful

Those people deserve to be shot.

I guess I'm in the minority but i fucking hate torx. Especially when the fastener has really shallow engagement depth, which seems to be often with torx for some reason. The small sized bits seem to strip if you look at them funny.

With Torx, you MUST use the correct bit size. If you're off, they'll fuck up each and every single time.

For example, if it's calling for a T27, use a goddamned T27. A T25 will actually turn the thing, and you might even think it fits perfectly, however, as soon as it comes time to torque the bolt, by using the T25, you just stripped it out and fucked it up.

No he's right, even if you have the correct size if the depth is shallow you will strip the head. Every fucking time. Torx only works with deep heads but for some reason manufacturers like to jew out and use cheap soft metal with shallow holes.

And talking about depth: for some reason a lot of belt tensioners and idler pulleys use Torx fasteners.
>CLEAN OUT THE FUCKING DIRT
This is imperative. Use a pic, get the mud and other shit out of there, then wash it. Before you put the socket to it, make sure those fasteners are pristine. Sure, it take a couple extra minutes, but trust me: you don't want those bolts to strip.

One way. Why would you need to undo your fasteners? Fasteners are for fastening things. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR FASTENINGS THEN YOU SHOULDN'T FASTEN THINGS AT ALL.

Well thats another issue i have with them. Maybe because its not very common and so i dont see them super often, but its hard to tell what size they are too. Like you said, a T25 might SEEM like the right size, up until you strip out the hole.

It goes along with the shallow depth of most torx fasteners ive seen. They dont engage fully like they're meant to with that shallow depth.

"The design is often criticized for its tendency tocam outat lower torque levels than other "cross head" designs. There has long been a popular belief that this was actually adeliberatefeature of the design, for the purpose of assembling aluminum aircraft without overtightening the fasteners.Evidence is lacking for this specific narrative and the feature is not mentioned in the original patents.However, a 1949 refinement to the original design described in US Patent #2,474,994describes this feature."
Sources on Wikipedia.

Allen and hex are the best nothing can fix if they use cheese instead if metal