Why do American sports cars share engines with trucks?

>Mustang uses an F-150 engine
>Ford GT uses an F-150 engine
>Corvette uses a Silverado engine
>Camaro uses a Silverado engine
>Challenger uses a Ram 1500 engine

Silverados are 5.3s while the Camaro is a 6.2, sooooo

>>Mustang uses an F-150 engine
I don't think the Coyote is related to any truck engine anymore and do F150s even offer V8s as an option at this point? i thought Ford completely killed of V8s in their trucks.

Cadillac DPi Race cars use Escalade engines.

Camaros and corvettes are LS based (LT1, LT4, for the SS and ZL1 respectively, as well as the C7 Stingray and C7 Z06 respectively)
You can get a Silverado 1500 with a 6.2L, but it's not the LS.

Pretty sure they don't even share an engine block, just have the displacements, but I'm probably wrong on that desu

You can get the 6.2 in higher trim silverados

You can buy an F-150 with a 5.0 but it's not a Coyote. That's the only V8 you can get with the F-150

take that back, it's actually a Coyote but it's tuned for a lot more torque

Yes you can still get a 5.0 in an f150, most are 2.7s or 3.5 ecoboost though.

It's an L86 not an LT1 though. Low end torque cam, taller intake and oil pan, different accessory drive bracket, cylinder deactivation, etc.

Actually, the Mustang still makes more torque, so I think the F-150 engine is just under-stressed

2018 Mustang: 460hp/420trq
2018 F-150: 395hp/400trq

foreign cars would use truck engines if they actually made trucks

also the tacoma shares an engine with the new camry and the sienna lamo

The engine is tuned for greater low end torque.

They also have different cam and shorter intake runner length for more top end HP bias.

Wasn't Detroit logic
>Truck engine moves heavy truck with load fast
>Truck engine will move lighter car faster

>car companies make high performance V8
>trickles down to normie cars and trucks as they fuck with original design
>rinse, repeat with everyone

That's how it's been for years. LS, modify it a little and now you have Vortecs for trucks and Duramax diesels that are based on the LS as well IIRC.

I'm posting on Veeky Forums so I'm probably wrong though

>pick all until none are left

God fuck off, fifth time in a row

Truck engines make good street engine

Because they have to. If they wan't to build a "sportscar" they normal engines are just too weak. They need an 8.5 liter engine, that only produces a pathetic 300hp, otherwise there's just nothing for them to do. They can't build engines. Or cars.

Is there somehow a flaw in that logic? During the muscle car era some actually preferred the real truck engines because their cams offered more torque.

This is a superb shit post. Perfect amount of yuropoor mixed with retard who has no idea what he's talking about.

It's backwards, because the SBC was introduced in the Corvette.

maybe it's so they can amortize the cost of the sports car R+D with a "trickle down" engine or modular design.

Go to settings and switch to legacy captcha, save the headache.

Those new ones are fucking awful, I've had to go through 4 or 5 different ones sometimes because it didn't think I was right.

>Small block
>Performance

>why?
mass production
Sharing components keeps costs down by lowering R&D tooling, manufacturing costs and the saving is passed onto the consumer. That's why a camaro btfos a mclaren.

The Coyote for the F-150 is tuned differently than the Mustang. I guess you could swap one between the two if you really wanted but you'd notice it on the dyno and at the track. Can't speak for the GM side of the aisle, but I'd be surprised if the LS they put in the Vette isn't tuned differently and even has a different cam than the ones they put in the trucks.

Yes. 385 Hp and somewhat more torque that peaks at a lower RPM. Moostang Coyote makes 435 Hp and the torque peaks at a higher RPM too.

Yes. Yes it is.

Literally what the fuck are you trying to say

Also you said something about "8.5 liters" and "300 horsepower" when the only recent engine even near that size is the 8.4l viper and that makes 640