Hey Veeky Forums. What's the best country to live for a car enthusiast?

Hey Veeky Forums. What's the best country to live for a car enthusiast?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zcL1H8t6qTo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Somewhere in the 3rd world with lax import laws and lenient police.

one in which you make a lot of money

this
youtube.com/watch?v=zcL1H8t6qTo

usa #1

Russia
They don't care what you put in what
Shit, it can be half falling apart and you won't get fined

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that some russian some time ago said that they no longer have such freedom because police started to being more restrictive

America Unironically.

Especially if you have a lil money. There are so many race tracks around America.

Overall tho, our country is shit
>horrible importation laws
>shitty tree hugger emissions inspections
>safety inspections
>high insurance
>limited car market and model availability compared to other countries

Nice racetracks can't make up for the other deficits

germany
>stringent laws
>no speed limits on autobahn or rural roads
>other cars arent deathtraps that drop bolts or explode tires
>drivers arent autistic
>never have a nail in tires because of low paid and skilled laborers that dont give a fuck
>no potholes

This is road legal in the UK, need I say more?

>import car of your dreams into third world shithole
>some nigger destroys it
>no insurance because shithole
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

>>horrible importation laws
I guess that would bother you if the cars you cared about weren't originally sold here but for me everything i want is/was already on the market.
>>shitty tree hugger emissions inspections
Isn't that only in California and some other states? didn't really notice that where i live.
>>safety inspections
I've seen people with two cars welded together or make their own UTEs out of cars that weren't designed for it. is this something just for California-like states?
>>high insurance
Isn't it much lower than europe?
>limited car market and model availability
similar answer to the first one above.

The UK

>Basically zero import laws
>Almost anything goes in terms of mods
>Reasonable inspection laws so other cars aren't deathtraps
>Good roads
>Cops aren't dicks
>Fair amount of good tracks
>Decent insurance costs (once over 21)
>You can own a street legal tank ffs
>Used cars are cheap

Only bad thing is fuel is expensive and road tax can be a bit shit if your car isn't old

meanwhile in my 3rd world country, going 30km/h over the speed limit, drifting(okay, a bit reasonable, but it applies EVERYWHERE besides events, even if it was for few seconds, saying that you lost traction wont work) will make you lose your drivers license and sometimes you will also lose the car
roads are shit and import tax is so high that its cheaper to import engine and cars chasis separetly

You're a fucking faggot. That's why.

Race tracks pre-empt all your stupid fucking reasons.

Oh no I can't register it for on road use! Better load my rare car on the trailer and take it racing at the nearly 100 road race tracks in America alone.

this is bait

Wow, cry harder faggot, if I want to import a car I'm going to want to drive it on roads that aren't on a track
How about you get the dragon dildo out of your ass, you might calm down then

lmfao

>gas is insanely expensive
>insurance is insanely expensive
>cops are the closest thing to Gestapo we have in modern times
>shit roads with speed cameras everywhere
>cops are all dicks

Not sure which UK you live in m8.

I'm noticing a bit of contradiction between "inspections = shit place for car enthusiast" and "inspections are good because it means no death traps"

so uh which is it? you realize that if you want to live in a place with no smog or safety inspections it means occasionally running into coal rollers and "death traps"? and besides, if people really wanted to kill you they can do it very efficiently whilst perfectly obeying the strictest safety regs as Muhammad in France proved when he just mowed down 80+ people GTA style.

>gas is expensive
yeah it is I said that
>insurance is expensive
Classic car insurance more fgt
>cops are gestapo
maybe if you live in central london
>shit roads with speed cameras
yeah but it's not like there are no good driving roads anywhere and most roads aren't shit

I live in Ontario, Canada.

We don't have inspections. The closest thing we have are Emissions tests for older vehicles, which are now being paid for with tax dollars (used to have to pay out of pocket, about $30 every 2 years).

There are no horrible deathtraps rattling around on the roads. 99% of the cars I see are well-maintained or just old and showing normal wear like body rust. Inspections for "unsafe" vehicles are literally the biggest jewish money grab ever.

Inspections are good if they're purely safety based and not "hurrdurr you put a more powerful engine in it so your car is now an illegal menace to society"

>spend tax dollars to start an inquisition of unsafe vehicles

or

>let unsafe vehicles on the road
>someone crashes and gets people injured
>tax dollars now spent on healthcare

You can't win.

>insurance is expensive
bruv the average annual cost of insurance in the USA is over $1000 a year it's like £500 in the UK

The police are lovely outside of cities, mate. You get the occasional power trip obviously, but unless you're actively breaking the law in front of them, they're perfectly nice people. >being searched for drugs outside Tesco (I look like a shifty weirdo with Vince Neil hair)
>policeman looks over at my shitbox
>fully expecting him to ask if it's stolen or not insured
>"is that yours"
>"y-yes"
>"oh nice, my dad used to have one of them"
>mfw

>searched outside tesco
christ what shithole do you live in where they have to search outside tesco

Rural Wales. They need to find something to do.

>britbongs thinking their cops are worse than American cops

O I AM LAFFIN

>10 years ago
>I'm in high school
>kid I knew was the biggest Neo-Nazi
>kids nickname was literally Nazi-Mike
>enjoyed watching beheading videos and had a huge Swastika Flag in his room (i had to do a project with him at his house)
>about 2 years ago I saw him
>mfw he is a fucking Cop now.

Isn't that like $800? Doesn't sound much cheaper teebeeaitch

it's $650ish, besides it's not fully a fair comparison because it varies by state but most states are way over $1000

>policeman looks over at my shitbox
>fully expecting him to ask if it's stolen or not insured
>"is that yours"
>"y-yes"
>"oh nice, my dad used to have one of them"

>"now suck my dick or I'm impounding it...and you better swallow too"

>insurance of a VW Polo is £500
>insurance of anything even remotely fun is like £3000+
WOW BRUV IT'S SO CHEAP.

I'm insuring a Boxster, a BMW 850csi and an Audi quattro for £1400 a year total. Try harder. My VW Polo is £279 a year

R.I.P
that guy was a total legend
sad thing is, he didn't even drive his car when died

Biggest quote I ever had after I turned 21 was £2400 for a Nissan GTR so that's bollocks

Albania for the cheap cars and parts
Literally about to pull the trigger on an a3 8p 2.0 tfsi quattro for only 5.7k euro

is this what chacha overdose feels like?

>no speed limits
Sadly they restrict more and more of the autobahn, on rural roads you have a limit of 100kph/ 62mph
>no potholes
There are, not every street is good

Also
>used cars are expensive
>limited access to tracks, barely any affordable amateur racing

Meanwhile in the US of A
>put some winter/ offroad tires and maybe a bashplate on your dd
>sign up for rallycross
>have fun for a day digging up some farmers lawn, fill up cheap gas, drive home, spend like 100€ for a weekend
Same in germany
>strip out car, remove any glass, weld in rollcage, add fire extinguisher and other safety features
>sign up for rallycross
>tow your car to the track, pay entry fees, get car checked if it meets regulations, burn expensive fuel, tow car home and store it in your garage/ on private property because you can't store an unregistered car on public ground

Australia

>Importation laws
No one really cares, you special snowflake.

>Emissions inspections
Pick a different state.

>Safety inspections
Nope, see above.

>High insurance
Pick a different state.

>Limited car market
Haven't had a problem finding what I desire.

Places like that tend to have poorly maintained roads if they even have paved roads at all.

Any nice roads they do have tend to be congested or heavily patrolled by crooked cops.

Most of your problems can be solved by moving to a different state.

How about New Zealand?

>horrible importation laws
Yeah, but those laws were started to actually protect us from shitty import cars.
>shitty tree hugger emissions inspections
Depends on where you live. In my state, emissions is only on a county-by-county basis. Just go to a shop in a county that doesnt have emissions and you wont get tested for it.
>safety inspections
You mean inspection stickers? Also depends on the state cuz some don't have it. My state does, but it's easy to pass the mechanic a $50 and have him slap one on.
>high insurance
If you're a guy and under 25.
>limited car market and model availability compared to other countries
Wut? There are currently 30+ different auto companies you can buy from in America.

Did you just pull those numbers out if your ass?

Police actually do their jobs in russia now, their pay was increased and the shittiest 1/3 of them were laid off

Honestly their police are probably better than american police

>Designed to protect us from shitty import cars
Oh boy he doesn't know about Mercedes lobbying to stop grey market imports in the 80s because it was cutting their profits

>>insurance is insanely expensive

Nope.

Nigger just Google search average car insurance costs uk and USA it's not hard

>gas
>cops

not a britbong detected

>There are no horrible deathtraps rattling around on the roads. 99% of the cars I see are well-maintained or just old and showing normal wear like body rust. Inspections for "unsafe" vehicles are literally the biggest jewish money grab ever.

Rural white snow people != Spics and nigs

In the US, you better believe beaners would be driving unsafe rusted out shit boxes without inspections. See: Mexico

It all varies by state. There are states with no insurance requirements, no emissions requirements, and no inspection requirements. Even in the strictest of states, anything prior to OBDII gets a free pass (except California I think) so it's not exactly difficult. My only real complaint is the importation laws are unfair.

>boohoo I can't insurance my car for ten bucks a month in a country with a 50 grand household income, this place fucking sucks

>inspections fucking suck guise, surely people can be trusted not to do something absolutely moronic to their cars or neglect them dangerously

New Zealand
>Build your own car
>It's legal to drive on public roads

You can do this in a lot of places.
That's how kit car companies are still around, hot rods and beach buggies too.

The US can be the best, mostly for monetary reasons, but states differ. Where I live cars don't rust, there are no safety or emissions inspections, and the roads are curvy and in good condition. In many US states you can do whatever the fuck you want to your vehicle and you won't get pulled over for it. Sheet, I've been driving without a catalytic converter since '05.

>pay 2000 pounds per year insurance on a 1.2L cuckmobile
>all roads are 1 lane wide

lmao

>Cars don't rust
I'm jealous.

NZ is best.
Then there's germany and/or italy

Then the rest.

3rd world shithole liver here. That's bullshit. Most shitholes became shitholes because they do like 50% import tax on anything, roads are maintained to shit, and cops are corrupt. The time in which you could have total freedom in a third world country are long gone.

What really? Can I just weld together a tube frame, put some car-parts/ lights on it and drive around?
I'd probably would make good use of my engineering degree with possibilities like these

nz/aus is jdm heaven skylines and slivias and all the other jap cars are fucking everywhere

Aus has too much restriction.

NZ has literally no restriction, you can register anything, and no jewsurance to fuck you over.

Its literally a heaven if not because there's only one road biome and i dont like RHD cars.

you can drive lhd cars in nz aswell

Ha back when i had a 180sx i DD it for a week to and from work, got pulled over 6 times, wasent even doing anything fun at all, was probably one of like the 10 remaining 180s left in the country that were 100% stock, not even a pod filter. Plus even if they dont pull you over they follow you around for ages its like your automatically a criminal for owning certain types of cars. This was in queensland too which is one of the more leanient states

>Pick a different state.
Stayes without safety and emissions inspections have higher insurance, either pick the first 2 or the third faggot.

>Japan hasn't been mentioned yet
>tfw ywn ever be tokyo drift gaijin and hang out with some irl dagumi
why even live

I'll second that, and that's coming from an Australian with a JDM Skyline.

last time I was over in NZ to meet up with some NZ car friends I was blown away at the shit they can do there. I'd move there if they didn't do shit fisho chippos.

There's things I wouldn't mind having from the US too, namely all their cheap Foxbody Mustangs. If you guys could just ship all those over to Aus I'd be real appreciative.

I can live the dream through Noriyaro.

i meant import scene. NZ is filled with RHD cars.

Japan isn't good dude.

Leave the sight out of the cars for a moment:

1- the public scene does not like cars, prefer public transport and bikes
2- like in europe, after a car is 5 year old they tax you
3- cars are usually pretty expensive, specially non-kei-cars
4- importing a car TO japan is almost as hard as importing a car from japan to the US
5- fuel prices are pretty high up
6- a car is illegal if you do not register every single modification, specially with powetrain, that you do
7- displacement is very limited on most cars and high displacement cars get taxed.

Japan has nice scenery and nice cars, but other than that its not a good place to be a car lover.

New Zealand or Australia. Maybe Russia.

>Australia
Lol, no.

Kiwifag here, explain.

Any country/province/state with emissions regulations is immediately disqualified.

Just realized the /dat/ doesn't exist anymore.

If I wasn't phone posting I'd share pictures of the cops being funny someone posted.

The laws sound terrible. Cops seem like dinks.

>high insurance
>I have 3 accidents, at fault, two totalled, and a minor traffic ticket and my insurance is $95/month

Also living in South Carolina means
>no inspection
>no emissions
>up until 2008, you couldn't get pulled over for the sole reason of not having a license plate
>cops don't bother you if you're white
>all cars are dirt cheap and rust free
>mfw

>all gas powered cars to be banned in UK by 2040
No thanks I'd rather not get cucked out of my own car

Australia is the worst
>insane speeding and hoon laws
>insane laws on modifications
>cops have a mindset that all modified cars are babykilling machines
>P-plate restrictions for 4 years so no cars faster then a V6 commodore
>insane yearly registration prices
>EPA and police routinely set up checkpoints to fine loud cars
>expensive and difficult to import jap cars
>boomers have ruined any chance of being able to afford a cool classic car

hes a fucking moron
grow up dude, driving fast on densely packed roads isnt actually cool

here in northern Canada

>any foreign vehicle 15yrs old or older is importable
>no emissions laws
>buy your own land and do whatever you want

>Australia

do you know how hard they crack down on modifications in some parts of Australia? fuck that

>Japan

where nearly every intersection minus the remote countryside has cameras to catch anything illegal you do and mail you a fat ticket?

>Decent insurance costs (once over 21)
kek
I insured old sportscar as my first car in balt.
200 euro a year.
also
>twisties everywhere
>untouched JDM everywhere
>german cars cheaper than old russian shitheaps so you can show everyone what a badgewhore you are
>living costs non existent
>strict laws about modding cars but in reality nobody really cares
>100-300 car meets every week in every city
>drifting is legal
>importing and getting a car registered costs 99% transportation fees.
>practically free insurance
>only one good race track and that is so cheap it might as well be free
>many bring-your-own-car club events throughout summer
>ice tracks EVERYWHERE in winter
>banned in us cars almost uk cheap here.
It's pretty good

>be mexico
>police doesnt give two shits
>roads are good in some areas
>cant have nice things because cartel niggers take them away
>30 year import law for non american built cars
>10 year import law for american built cars

can't be a jdmfag, rest is great though.

Except it is when you're the one driving.

to be honest the only part of this that's entirely true is the rego cost bit, it hits the pocket hard

I drive an import with a ridiculous exhaust and suspension thats too low, before that I drove a v8 commie.
I have never EVER been pulled over. whenever I get pulled into a breatho station they always see that i'm white and courteous and send me on my way.

>retarded laws about modifying cars
>
>
>

lmao

The only country that matters

>in America alone
you realize that this is a huge fucking country, right?
that's one race track for every 30 million people

>Then there's germany and/or italy
Pastafag here.
Thanks to EU you can't even mount an air filter that you receive a fee for not mounting the manufacturer's shit, you can't do anything on road.

>high insurance
i live in ontario and i would give my left nut get american insurance rates

Not israel ill tell u that. Cts-v here costs 65kusd for 2nd hand 2012. Almost Zero car culture thabks to leftists that like central control of everything. God, lett wing jews are assholes. But police arent assholes like in america, no niggers so no officers are tence when they pull u over. Best country 4 cars is the u.s bar none.

You're probably old now and can't even appreciate those cars anymore.

hi britbong here

I am 19 and currently pay £3600 a year to insure my MR2 followed by £480 a year in tax

Police are ok but I live in back end Wales, my friends who live central and constantly getting fucked for anything and everything

allo m8, that a turbo?

>Yeah, but those laws were started to actually protect us from shitty import cars.

So we could be "saved" by the Chrysler LeBaron with a Maserati badge and the 160 HP 5.0 Mustang?

this, SAT dudes are such a cunts