Can we have a mitsubishi thread?

Can we have a mitsubishi thread?
I really like them and want to get a galant as my next car.
Post your favourites.

Has there been a cooler Jap brand?

Other urls found in this thread:

albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/2016-mitsubishi-lancer-es/6273938008.html
evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-general/339485-mivec-vs-vtec-wtf.html
track4.mixtape.moe/ircdnx.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Can we have a mitsubishi thread?

isn't it sex?

how could someone consider this dumpster trash

Mitsubishi? The television manufacturer? What di they have to do with cars?

They used to make very cool cars

Shitsubishi should just give up and commit Sudoku already. They insult us by trying to shovel this garbage onto the market.

cool WRX bro

I choose to believe they do this so they can pay for better cars in the future.

>Exec 1: Lets build a new eclipse.
>Exec 2:Lets make it a crossover!
>Exec 3: That's what the millennials like, right?
>actually does it

Yeah, you keep living in your fantasy land. Mitsubishi is too far gone man. They're just building shitty crossovers and the mirage now.

It is ultra rare.

It's unfortunate but at least I still have the older ones.

they aren't Porsche

they killed everything but econoboxes.

*in North America
Their factory 4x4s are fantastic. I just hope their excellent but aging 4M41 in the Montero is replaced by the 4P1x diesel doing the rounds in the Fuso Canters.

I daily an evo.

No regrets

these are cool but i dont think i'd really want to own one

I hear 3k gts (GTO) have a lot of electrical problems, otherwise they were top.
Honorable mention for the Starion.

I don't think they're too bad, I drive a Mitsubishi Colt and it's pretty fun. Sad to see the state that the company is in however, they always did make some sweet looking cars back in the 90's.

Starion was similarly as bad, albeit for other issues.
And you're right, they tried too hard with fancy knick-knacks on the GTO.

dad is that you?

I dd this Mitsubishi was good

ok, I can definetly give you that

I just cant imagine the '17 mirages are selling well in the USDM

despite how cool the 3000GT VR4s were, they had so many goddamn problems that id feel safer and more confident in a land rover discovery.

the AWD system could sometimes malfunction and lock up all tires, and this most often occurred at highway speeds. also, mitsu had a habit of plugging their ears and pretending nothing was wrong and no recalls would need to be issued.

My ex had one of the pre-facelifts GTO's, 4th gear exploded cruising on the motorway, 6 weeks later Mitsi gave her a new box. 2 days after that was installed, the flywheel shattered.
They're a nice car, a bit heavy and eat gas but not too bad. I'd just never buy one except on Gran Turismo.

different company

Mitsubishi makes the best angry cars. At least it used to,

>ANGERY

model and year?

>Their factory 4x4s are fantastic.

The new pajero sport looks awful, who thought those rear lights were acceptable?

In an alternate universe, Mitsu is making epic hybrid rally cars with precise wheel speed control instead of "lol lock the rears in hairpins".

>too poor to afford an SUV so I'm going to sourgrape

thig

perfect thread

I don't care how bad it is, I still want one.

I personally beg the differ, and reckon the whole thing looks fantastic. Although I agree it's an unconventional design that does cause contention.

But then if something as trivial as styling is your only complaint, then I'll still chalk that up as a win.

Don't they already have the fucking Outlander Sport? why do they need another subcompact crossover?

I have an old motor trend magazine that has an ad that is relevant to this thread today. Too bad pretty much all of Mitsubishi's new cars in the US market aren't that interesting (I guess the Lancer is alright, too bad they got rid of the evo)

Oh my god that's probably the ugliest rear end I've ever seen

Here's a better scan

Inside when you unfold it.

My friend's dad got him an '09 Lancer hatchback as his first car. Are these things any good? I don't want him to talk shit about my car and brag about how his car is 11 years newer than mine and how it has a 6-speed so it's faster.

>yes, it's an automatic
>yes it's the base model
>yes, he's going to add an aftermarket muffler, wheels, and suspension

Base model Lancers (even the Ralliart) are pretty much just shittier Imprezas.

Subtle Pontiac AzteK vibes here and there.

06 MR

No but I am disappoint anyway

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I love Mitsubishi, but they're such trash nowadays. After the LanEvo died they died too.

I absolutely adore the Eclipse 4G. What a gorgeous car. Too bad they weren't sold here in Germany.

Yes, it's FWD. Yes, it may be a bit slow and heavy. I don't care. It's beautiful. I'd buy 5 in 5 different colors for each day.

Maybe one day I'll import one, though the costs would be insane compared to what I could buy instead.

They closed their plant in Illinois and my family business suffered as a result.

Fuck them.

Yeah, but your rebadged Sebring is not one of the good ones. The last good Mitsu was the Evo IX, the last good Eclipse was the 2G DSM.

They're excellent cars...when they're working. My old roommate had one. He once let slip that he'd spent at least 10k on repairs over the years, which I think it what he paid for it in the first place.

This a good deal?
albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/2016-mitsubishi-lancer-es/6273938008.html

Posting rare Evo III ute

In related news, Mitsubishi Owner's Day was in Philly over the weekend. Didn't go this year but MOD a best.

Also the release of the Eclipse Cross is the absolute wrong direction Nissan should be taking Mitsubishi.

In good spirits of this thread because I love good ole Mitsu I'm gonna post dank Mitsus

Trips Diamonds Confirmed

I want one, it's not fair

MIVEC>VTEC

They're not the same thing

No, they're not. One is smooth between efficiency and performance.

Yeah, i-VTEC

Very similar actually, here are the minor differences between them on a Mitsubishi forum funny enough
evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-general/339485-mivec-vs-vtec-wtf.html

Seems actual Mitsubishi owners can appreciate both systems instead of flinging shit

You can accept it as subjective.

Is this the return of the AMC Eagle?!?

Can't have a Mitsu thread without the Chan.
track4.mixtape.moe/ircdnx.webm

I don't know what they cost or how they are as vehicles, but those tail lights look like they're crying blood.

Thunderbolt will forever be my favorite Veeky Forums movie. Mitsubishi fanwank with Jackie Chan fight scenes.

Has a good handful of custom built Mitsubishi's

Evo ute is cute.

Why do I really fucking love the 3door

>40k miles in ONE YEAR

>women and beta males unironically buy this inbred cumstain of a "vehicle"
Fucking why niggers
If you want off-road get an off-road vehicle, not some """""sporty""""" minivan

>i-VTEC
>activates harsh at 7000rpm with a 7500rpm rev limit
Well done Honda. Retards.

Montero Sport. Literally an SUV version of an L200/Triton. Priced about 10% cheaper than the fullsize Montero.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about: the post

Right back at you faggot. Have you ever actually owned anything with i-VTEC?

Sadly I only drove a Porsche. But my mom's Accord does have a K24 and I'm familiar with it

My old CL9 too had a K24 (A3 to be specific) of which I set valve clearances twice while I had it. It indeed had the traditional larger cam lobe between the two default lobes on both cams. And these were designed to be engaged, as did with my car, at 7000rpm. 500rpm before rev limit.
I'll wager your mom's never driven you around at 7000rpm to know any different, Mr know it all.

Having said that I will concede those Accord Euros are an absolutely spectacular mid size sedan and better than anything Mitsubishi made of similar size short of an Evolution or RalliArt Lancer... Infact, apart from the power deficit, I'd rate the garden variety CL9 over the RalliArt.

That Montero Sport is a fucking husk compared to the old timer.

In what way? The PA is completely redundant in the presence of even the PB/PC Sports, let alone the new PS Sport.

it feels a bit like an evo with a body kit
not sure of its point

my senpaitachi pajeeto cost 3x its purchase price in engine repairs (warped cracked head)
but to be fair it was second hand and covered quite some more miles before it broke

my nigga

Which engine was it?
Sadly as with any alloy headed iron motor, if it only marginally overheats, the best case scenario is a blown head gasket. On another note, friend of mine has a later model SOHC 24v 3.5L that's done just north of 440,000 unopened kilometres, although he's been avoiding the valve stem seals for the last year...

Over here in Ausfaggot land it's usually cheaper and easier to simply buy a second hand motor... With the later NL (usually gen 2.5 blister guard) its easy enough to swap in a later model 3.8

x-post from the 3 car garage thread, what do you guys think of my choice?

That's a like from me. As much as like the L300 Delica though, the L400 is too much of an upgrade for me to go past.
Dat 4M40

You know that i-VTEC has 3 phases right?

And the third phase is redundant.

Not unless you wanna run at the top end

Mitsubishi also made variants of MIVEC with 3 phases

been a while
near as I can make out its the 2.5 diesel 4D56
too small and underpowered for the wagon so either v6 seems the better one
and later on the tax on diesel registration made the fuel savings not worth it

nice interior tho
better than what Honda or Toyota offers
a little closer to Nissan in some ways