Help me out Veeky Forums...

Help me out Veeky Forums, just lurking on craigslist and noticed dealer close by has a BRZ for sale with what appears to be imported STI wheels. I want to drive over tomorrow and try to make an offer to swap them for my flawless stock wheels. What kind of offer should i make and how can i confirm they are not imitation wheels? Those arent the stock wheels so i imagine the dealer wouldn't take a loss. What do?

Bump

I feel like he's going to tell u to fuck off and stop wasting his time. They look nice, hope u get them

Figure I could offer like 150 just to swap wheels only hoping they don't know what they have. It's a mitsubishi dealer

Last bump

They're not going to be interested OP will take alot more than 150 bucks to get them to consider

Why not just buy the car itself? Ask how much it is and do a trade

They're gonna tell you to fuck off

Can you guys suggest a better approach or am I retarded for even considering this

Retarted, why? Leagal reasons. When they get a car they usually get an aprovel that its "safe" to sell. So if you were to swap them then youd have to have them do an ispection on your car and their car. Dont say anything op and let the guy who buys it get a good deal.

Like two miles away from my house figure I'll stop by, those wheels are 1600 bucks only available online through Japan. So maybe I'll have better luck offering like 3-500 bucks. Just a damn shame to see an automatic brz tastefully modified

No but I can suggest you to fuck off

Op, is the BRZ with he wheels you want new or used?

If New, they will not do any kind of deal for the wheels if they were put on as part if a factory ordered car. Meaning if it came off the boat that way, its gonna be sold that way. Dealers add equipment and mark up the price. What they don't do is delete factory equipment, sell it to a third party and then sell the car with lesser equipment to some smuck. That's just not gonna happen. There is also no way they can sell your used wheels on a new car. If the buyer or manufacturer found out they would be fucked. So if its a new car. You only chance is to buy the whole car. Sorry.

If its a used car. Ask for the used car manager. Tell him you have the same car and just want the wheels off his. He is gonna want money for the wheels and you are gonna have to spiff him a little extra because now if there are pictures online he has to go and change the ad, repost pictures, ECT. You are making extra work for him. And he could get in trouble if the General Manager found out and frowns on this sort of thing. Lucky for you most dealers dont frown on much except loosing money.

You have a better chance of him telling you to kill yourself you collosal retard

>Not going to dealerships to get free wheel upgrades

Unless the dealership is shady as fuck that isn't going work and they'll laugh you out the building.

Car is used, They're aftermarket imported JDM wheels previous owner put, I have the stock wheels I want to trade
Not free jackass, the car is used. It has aftermarket wheels, I'd pay for labor and maybe few hundred for manager

>few hundred and shit stock wheels
>for rare expensive imported wheelset

Any dealer knows wheels sell the car. Hell tell you to neck yourself

Implying a mitsubishi dealer knows any better, I'm hoping they don't know what they have, although they may think those wheels are stock

>MITSUBISHI DEALERSHIP
>not specializing in japanese domestic automobiles

Listen man, the dealer is like two miles away all bullshit aside would you not even bother driving over in the odd chance you're able to make a deal because plenty here think I'm stupid for this? It's an auto BRZ sobi imagine it'll sit a while too, like most others locally.

They don't even look good, why bother? Probably not even light with all that metal.

They're lighter than stock wheels and look better

I think those wheels look better.

The OP wheels look like they belong on some 80s shitbox.

I don't like the gray and black contrast desu, other wheels are nearly 3 pounds lighter

This. They look like generic cheap alloy wheels.

The worst that happens is they tell you no. Just don't walk in there and act like a total prick. Be completely upfront with them and don't try pull any bullshit.

Maybe bad angle,see here?
I'm gonna be cool about it, going to ask to talk to used sales manager and ask him in private if we can make a deal on swapping those aftermarket wheels. I'll mention that I will cover all labor for them to swap wheels (then offer him cash) I would like to know where to start though, labor aside should I start at 200 bucks?

>labor aside should I start at 200 bucks?
What would it cost to get those rims imported? I say this because people always assume that dealerships are clueless about mods or what the value of certain items on cars are worth, and that's complete bullshit. They know what's up. As long as it's reasonable I think they will go for it. In the end they get the stock rims for the car and make money.

About 320 bucks to ship em, like 1600 shipped to my door new

Holy shit, theyre just wheels.

Heading to dealer now, I'll provide an update in hour or two. Wish me luck!

Just got back from dealer, both dealer and salesman completely laughed in my face with what I had requested. Manager even insisted I trade my manual BRZ in for that automatic with the wheels. Not a good feel driving home, I'll wait for a seller on Craigslist or stop being poorfag and just order new set online

op only wants them because they say sti on them

I wanted them because they look better and are lighter than stock, with the odd possibility that I'd get a good deal on them. Maybe next time

wow what a bunch of dicks

those wheels look terrible anyways, just get some RPF1's

Thanks, those RPF1's are way too common and reminiscent of Fast and furious CRX's. A great deal for small light wheel though

>they literally laughed you out the building
1600 isn't even a lot for a set of four wheels. Just save up.