Lowering

Cheap Ways to lower your car without destroying your shocks?

I obviously want to avoid lowering springs as they can quickly wear out my shocks, but was wondering how cheap could i go? Was thinking the skunk 2 coil over kits but are there any non-name brand ones to keep an eye out for?

2008 Civic coupe 8thGen

bump for advice

Either do it properly or get off the Road being a hazard.

Raceland, Megan racing, idk what else is cheap

di it properly and get a set of good used coils on your local bsts

and dont lower it too much or it will look really gay

I went with skunk2 lowering springs and struts on my dc4. About $400, rides great, looks great

don't be a honda faggot and buy the cheapest coils out there. Are you a mexinigger? Skunk2 should be fine for a Honda, Megan Racing as well. You could find Tein coils for pretty cheap too, and they at least offer some adjustability. Don't get no name shit because it'll wear out quicker than lowering springs wear out your shocks.

You want the honest truth that Veeky Forums doesn't like?

Ebay kits are fine for the most part. obviously the damping will be terrible compared to a good kit but they are not as bad as people makeout. some will rust, some will have shocks that give out fairly quickly but if you get a set with a warranty they are a cheap way of dropping a car.

If raceland make a set for your car they are a good cheap brand just because of warranty and customer service.

Ricelands are so cheap you could buy them once every year if you wanted to.

raceland for i want to be low cheap and don't care for ride quality. tein or megan raceing are good on the cheap side. pretty sure skunk2 is cheap for hondas

>looks great

Lowered it to pretty much the exact height I wanted

>Ebay kits are fine for the most part. obviously the damping will be terrible compared to a good kit but they are not as bad as people makeout. some will rust, some will have shocks that give out fairly quickly but if you get a set with a warranty they are a cheap way of dropping a car.
>ebay kits are fine
>except they're fucking terrible
you said it yourself, don't get ebay kits.
Pay like 20% more for a cheap quality product and don't worry about having to drop 100% again in a few months when the shock blows
Its cheaper to buy expensive things.
Cheap things are cheap for a reason.
Never cut corners on suspension, brakes or tyres.

>type arrr wang
>ls engine

gross, just get the skunk2

it's one of the better cheap shit brands

People don't sell used coilovers because they are perfect and want you to get a good deal.

remove spring and replace with tuned length timber.

remember...measure twice/ cut omce.
you can also vary the length to (normal) height for a long trip.

should you choose to retain your springs you could just 1) get the oxy out and heat the spring. add weight and this will adjust(collapse) spring to desired height. 2) add weld (see pic) to retain the adjusted height. this also stiffens up the spring. go drift bro.

you could also just raise the top of the shocker so the car is lower but still having all the travell.

Ebay is total shit. I fucking laugh at all the idiots around here with hondas/nissans/etc lowered to still semi driveable heights but they bounce around like they've got bouncing balls instead of shocks, they ride and perform like fucking garbage.
OP, you either stick to cheap stock or you spend money on quality shit, be it the lower end of a good brand or mid/high tier, fuck out of here with ebay garbage.

What's wrong with lowering springs and why does it affect shocks. It only compresses a bit compared to stock height

>Cheap Ways to lower your car without destroying your shocks?
You don't

>Doesn't even use washers to distribute the load
Jesus

what else would you expect of a stancer

Keep it stock faggot.

I said earlier that it was a dc4 lol. I've also got a b16a head that will be going on the motor soon, so that'll be solved, also changing the spoiler to a carbon fiber mugen v1 spoiler that'll be painted to match the car when I get around to that in a few months.

would spend money on retaining that battery first.

Buy cheap, buy twice. Cheap coilovers are like rocks and you will regret it.