Selling "fine art"

How to make a good shilling selling fine art? I see the most ridiculously goofy looking paintings hanging in businesses around my area. I imagine the artists were paid a pretty penny. I also assume some money laundering was involved. How the fuck does that even work? Does the artist get a cut?
Anyway, what are some ways an artist can sell their paintings and make quite a bit of money- whether the art is good or not?
I don't think I'm that bad but there's always room for improvement.

Other urls found in this thread:

abeldanger.net/2014/05/cia-laundering-money-through-inflated.html
nytimes.com/2013/05/13/arts/design/art-proves-attractive-refuge-for-money-launderers.html?_r=0
youtube.com/watch?v=BdWB5YY-UDs#t=618
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, I don't get it.. do I just walk in and talk to business owners? I heard anonymously from someone that his father's company (which was a legit business) laundered money to avoid outrageous taxes, by buying paintings at auctions and letting them sit them being able to write them off or some shit?

I mean I'm not trying to get into illegal things, what the person buying it is doing doesn't concern me, but it's outrageous how much paintings sell for and I'm trying to wrap my head around things.

>laundered money to avoid outrageous taxes, by buying paintings at auctions and letting them sit them being able to write them off or some shit?
In the US this isn't money laundering, it's a legit business expense in many cases.

taxes are paid when the art is sold, so they didn't avoid anything. There's no law against a business buying assets and writing them off. The sale just has to be declared if or when it happens.

I'm currently in the motions of selling two pieces of art I inherited off my grandad, turns out their full on old master paintings stolen out of some Nazi castle that could literally be priceless, feels good man. Considering quitting car sales and going into art dealing for the ridiculous commissions

Oh... you sure? My "maybe friend's dad but anonymoos" would do the art auction thing and the
"son" explained it as laundering.
So I could go door-to-door to local business selling art (not sure what a reasonable price would be without being laughed out..) and the owner may be happy to by it, because it can be written off as a business expense?

Dude, google it. You'll find lots of stories about the "art mafia".
I remembe an interview where David Choe explained how he did it, just raised the price for his painting 10x and people were more interested in buying.

The most improtant thing is hype. You need to get your name out. Look at Banksys documentary 'Exit Through the Gift Shop' and how they managed to scam these idiots just by hyping some no name people never heard of.

Oh man, that sounds pretty cool. I hope you get a good amount, don't get ripped off.
How... DOES one get into art dealing? Hmmm....
I'm shitty at people skills and haven't left my house in a while, though. You seem like you have personality, being a car salesman and all. Man, how do you do it?

>the owner may be happy to by it, because it can be written off as a business expense?
probably not, we can write off pretty much anything as a business expense. Art has to compete with things like bulldozers and yachts and gold bars and Ferraris and private jets.

but if you find a business owner that likes art you might have a client.

My google skills are wack, and my medicine is causing my mind to not understand things well, coupled with adhd and lack of patience, so I'll be looking into multiple "how to" guides on everything under the sun and nothing will come of it.
But I am going to look up what you talked about.

but those things lose value over time and aren't typically bought with cold cash, where as art does not depreciate so it can be resold as well as bought in cash.. no? Sorry guys I'm clearly dumb and trying to make sense of things.

Selling them in Switzerland from Australia to by pass restitution guidelines lmao
I think you gotta do an art history degree and shit, but really after a couple of days of research on the paintings I have, I learnt a fucking lot about the industry. Sales is ez just gotta learn how to manipulate and control conversation

business owners tend to think like businesses, not people.

a business doesn't care if it loses money, it's incapable of caring. In fact it exists solely to make money and then lose it.

since the money will be lost anyways, it may be lost tax-free in perks for the owner, or in ways that cost a little bit of money but still less than the taxes on cash would be.

There you go. Have a read.

abeldanger.net/2014/05/cia-laundering-money-through-inflated.html

nytimes.com/2013/05/13/arts/design/art-proves-attractive-refuge-for-money-launderers.html?_r=0

Listen to what he says at the 10 minute
youtube.com/watch?v=BdWB5YY-UDs#t=618

The fuck?
I thought business want to turn a profit.
Any recommendation on books to read to understand business? I'm clearly lost.

How does one learn to control and manipulate conversation?

Ahh thank you thank you, my man.

>I thought business want to turn a profit.
they do. that's the first step.

the second step is to spend (lose) that profit. Usually in the way that costs the least in taxes. Buying art is just one way to spend profits. So is buying cars and planes and couches and buildings.

anyone have an idea of how to get started "Getting my name out there" and making a killing-shilling? I'm in a medium-sized town that's a few hours from some big-name cities, the art-scene here is smol.

Wouldn't buying art... wait... Man, I'm sorry. What. So would it be a viable option for me to try the whole art thing? Can someone explain this to me in green-text?
Somehow money is laundered in the art world, how is that different from this?
I don't know if it's the meds wearing off or what..

To bad when the original jew family that owned it finds out they are on the market, thet will have them seized. You get nothing if its truely stolen nazi art. Hitler and some of his cohorts were notorious art thieves. Its best not to tell anyone.

you have to understand that when a business makes money, the owner cannot pocket all of it and walk away, dividends and salaries are hugely taxed while investing in the business can be written off, so it's the logical thing to do because the business will usually bring you in more money in the future
in most cases, they re invest the money in their company because it gets them tax breaks + it increases their potential profit (by investing in new chains of production for example)

By being a talented artist making art that people want to spend money on.

/thread

nah, i've already looked into the laws on that, which is why i'm going throughg switzerland. the US and UK are fucking jew as fuck and will rip them out of your hands

its basically just knowing what questions to ask to get the information you need out of a person to press their "hot buttons" so that they believe they want/need the product enough to buy it, also knowing what objections you'll get with those questions and knowing how to over come them straight away. sales will turn you into a compulsive liar

I had an old professor, expert on the Nazi art seizures, who spent years interviewing the SS officer who personally collected art for Goering. About a week before he died of 'natural causes', he told the prof about a cache of paintings in a vault in Switzerland. Prof went to check it out using the Nazi's identity, and found a few milllion in art. He brought in an art dealer from Munich to help him authenticate it. Art dealer recognized a painting reported stolen by an old Jewish heiress. Retard went to her with a photo and tried to sell it back to her, she called the cops, they identified the bank from the photo, and everything went belly-up.
Of course, there's plenty of art that's never been accounted for, and it seems odd that he would have kept it all in one place. Prof never talked about it.