Guys, what the fuck are British traffic engineers doing?

Guys, what the fuck are British traffic engineers doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2036450-d12135502-Reviews-20_Lane_Highway-Naypyidaw_Mandalay_Region.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

creating a patchwork road network in a place that was never meant for automobiles.

ITS TWELVE O BONG YOU BLOODY WANKAH

their fucking job
>driver's hate it
>reduces accidents by an estimated 75%

sounds like they were given the job of making a safe way to move cars and they went and did it

this roundabout, and it's sister in hemel, are fucking easy if you're not a complete drooling retard. You can go in either direction to get to the exit you want, ergo if traffic is building up one way, simply go the other.

>britbongs actually believe this

What the fuck are American traffic engineers doing?

THICC

Making a safe and efficient junction for multiple roads.

Innovating.

the one in hemel is boring by comparison because it doesn't have as many lanes (even if there are more mini roundabouts)

red and pink routes are sub-optimal. you should be able to go from any entrance to any exit passing through only 3 mini roundabouts

>red and pink routes are sub-optimal.
Yes, but they're a demonstration of how to use one for dumb americans.

Seems pretty simple to navigate around OP. Saying that, since cunts can't drive and are liable to block the junction even though it says KEEP CLEAR I can imagine this would be an absolute bastard during rush hour traffic. Would probably make more sense to have one massive roundabout with traffic lights. But even then, cunts will STILL block the junction. Fuck me, I hate other drivers.

This is near from where I live, try to explain this shit

just looks to me like a jude infiltrated the design

Are those numbers from roundabouts in general or the magic roundabout in particular? Or any other stupid variation on the basic design (e.g. adding traffic lights and continuous lines)

It looks simple enough. What do the red lines represent?

Looks like separate lanes of traffic.
4 lanes go east-west, 2 lanes go north-south, assuming top of image is North.

Looks like my roadways in cities skylines

>one massive roundabout with traffic lights.

Once there is traffic lights roundabouts are just circular intersections

The red lines represent how the roundabout was a few years ago before they changed it and made a weird off-center squared thing.

It's just a roundabout, not all of them are a perfect circle, but they all work basically the same way. The only particularity in that one is that you need to be in the right lane to take the first exit (or go all the way around).
Pic related is near my home. It looks weird the first time but once you realize it's just a roundabout it's just as easy as any other.

Holy fuck thats a wide road. Where is this?

yes I understand but why make it so weirdly placed. makes no sense. they are no buildings or anything blocking...

>What the fuck are American traffic engineers doing?
getting a lot of big people in big cars around our big country on big roads. stay jelly eurocuck

This is pure dystopia.
I'm glad I can securely live in my cozy delusion.

For those that don't live in Houston, this shit is like this everyday.
They made it worse recently by removing a lane and widening the HOV/toll shoulder/separators

That's nothing, here's a 20-lane highway in Burma

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2036450-d12135502-Reviews-20_Lane_Highway-Naypyidaw_Mandalay_Region.html

the fuck is that a dead body laying in the median?

Project harder

can a video give someone an aneurysm?

anything is better than pic related

what? does Myanmar even have people?

b..but more lanes = slower traffic!!!1!

Seriously. I'm currently without a car because my old one died before my new one came in so I've been riding public transportation in Boston for the time being.

It's absolutely terrible to be in a packed train car or bus while having to stand up for the majority or duration of your trip. I'm ok with it once a week if I'm going downtown on a Friday night or something, but not every day to and from work.

I'd much rather sit in traffic than be crammed onto public transportation in my own car with my own music in my own space sitting in a comfy seat with a comfortable temperature going.

That being said I think public transportation is good for everybody. It's useful for when I go out drinking, or if I'm not in a rush to get somewhere and I want time to read my Kindle, or if I'm going somewhere with limited or paid parking.

This

The dictator of Myanmar is literally crazy and thought that one day the capital would be big enough to need roads that large also they removed kebab but no one wanted to ruin the narrative that myanmar was getting more democratic.

it looks simple enough

WE GOTTA CONNECT ALL THESE ROADS BEFORE THREE BONG OR THE CONSTABLE WILL BE UPSET WITH US

The "Katy Freeway" section of Interstate 10 in western Houston. They expanded it to this monster highway in 2011 or so and ironically traffic is now worse than before the expansion because countless suburbs sprawled in the area as a result.

>have terrible traffic
>add lanes
>traffic gets worse
>remove lanes
>traffic gets even worse
I think it's safe to say that a lot of US cities have completely lost control over their sprawl and traffic at this point.

can confirm the central line fucking sucks
but the tube in general gets you around quicker than a car most of the time

Uh, this was Houston being evacuated for a hurricane. It's not every day. (You can see they're using both sides of the freeway to go the same direction.)

Bro what the fuck even highway 45 isn't anywhere near this on a day to day basis

Slows traffic down before entering it, helps stop the 'ME FIRST' mentality common to ameritards.

national pride. the british rivalry against the french means they needed to one up france on most confusing roundabout

>I think it's safe to say that a lot of US cities have completely lost control over their sprawl and traffic at this point.
I think the USA has lost control of urban sprawl and traffic entirely. I think perhaps that the only solution is to curb population growth by culling.
The best way to do it is summary execution at the scene of an accident. At fault? The attending police officer has a duty to shoot you in the head.

Nothing comes close to the Arc de' Triumph where the rules are literally inexplicably reversed.

this is legit a cities skylines roundabout

north korea?

Or the national lottery but instead of numbers there are roads from all over the US being rolled that will be blown up on live television, and if you guess correctly you get to press the detonation button the following week.

do dead bodies lay things?

traffic calming

driven over this many times, easy fucking peasy matey.

if anyone is unsure you can literally stick to the left, go all the way around the outside to get to your exit, but you can go through the middle with ease otherwise.

No, there's no perpetual gridlock there.

This, I don't see what my fellow americans don't get, you have to realize allot of these palces had road networks far before cars were even a thing, US infrastructure was far less advanced than that in most places before the automobile came about, ergo ours grew around it instead of needing to be adapted too it which means less cluster fucks, and less narrow places (Granted even then there were places in american cities where it was pretty wide even before the car), but even then you still see in allot of cities, mostly on the east coast, places where it's a bit narrower and such as well.

In short, difference in infrastructure 100s of years ago manifests in differences today as well, who'd of thought?

as old as europe is they fused everything a 1st world country has and far exceeded the amenities in places like murrica. i had broadband in a rural village of 1200 people 10 miles outside of a city in 2000 in germany the only thing we didnt have was sewars it was all septic in the villages. it also had its own bakery, bank, church, playground, cemetery, bed and breakfast/bar its unbelievably comfy

>why don't you just tear the old shit down and build a new, more efficient road layout bruh

keeps traffic flowing constantly without backups

That's actually pretty simple, just two one roundabouts within each other with smaller return roundabouts in each entrance.

Quite literally the ball bearing of intersecitons.

>far exceeded the amenities in places like murrica.

Not hard since gaymerica is 3rd world

Where is this village it sounds nice