God Tier Engines

Post em.
Argue.
Do what you do best.

If we're ignoring wear and tear and looking at actual performance, this small package.

good post

shit tier design, no benefits, annoying to change spark plugs. NEXT

B-Series is the best series.
Reliable, excellent hp/L for the time, extensive aftermarket.

all honda engines are the same

Make way peasants, royalty coming through

God tier you say?

The Renault engine inside this.

>1.6l
>v6
>Turbo
>900+hp

Any engine that produces less than 100hp per liter is a piece if shit. Period. Any engine (like those muritarded 8.5l with 300hp) are scrap metal. Lawnmower tier.

My dude those things require rebuilds every race because precision tuning and shit and before you go on saying that I'm ass blasted or some shit nah road car engines are built with reliability in mind as well so quit trying to shit up threads pls

Ameritards could build tiny overstressed engines that supernova every few hours of use but that wouldn't be very useful in work vehicles that need to provide 300-400 horse power and 300-800 torques reliably for at least 250k miles before blowing apart so that hard working people can do thier jobs keeping the infrastructure of the economy functioning. To do that you need a larger overall mechanical robustness to hold together.

Sneeze near OP's engine
head gaskets explode

surprised this hasnt been brought up

>boxer
>good

yeah, having the valvecovers sideways so oil can pool in one corner constantly creating a oil leaking headgasket blowing monstrosity is a good design. Subaru is easily the shittiest Japanese manufacturer minus their straight 4 engine vehicles which are actually good. Boxers are junk

id even call Boxer engine Subaru shittier than Isuzu and Suzuki vehicles and thats saying something

Why stop doing something right once you figured it out? Oh right, they actually started doing that when anything remotely cool had to come with a turbo to be fast. Simple honda was their prime game.

Your engine is pointed the wrong way.

>boxer
>bad
Wew lad

whoops, sorry about that

Well damnit, now your bonnet is missing. What is going on here mate?

Looks like it's missing a team of huskies

whoops, sorry about that

Looks like anakin hasn't finished his pod racer.

Well I am just flabbergasted! There is a hole in your hood and part of your motor is sticking out! I mean honestly. This is just unreasonable.

Ej207?

whoops, sorry about that

I just, that can't be, why? The whole front end of your body work is gone! Damnit son! What are you thinking of!

whoops, sorry about that

Thats a nice set of memes you've got there

That reply thread made my day. Also, sick trips

The M10, M20, and M30 are all god tier (particularly the super eta 2.7i conversion)

>Spoon
Nutted

Top bad the Renaults make subpar power - way less than the 900hp Mercedes and Ferrari. Also, they tend to break the most often, which is costing RB a lot of points.

>Le hp/meme
Epic man.

user, this is an engine thread, not a boat anchor thread.

Boxer engines are even worse because their width usually requires suspension compromises, unlike V engines.

pic related

4A is dogshit compared to the 3S

Any engine that can go over 250k miles with no issues is god tier in my mind.

The 350, (and most SBC's really). Ridiculously cheap, dependable, easily fixable on the side of a road with whatever half-assery you can manage, and tried and true performance and ability to take abuse.

NiBBA I like boxers a lot but calling the EJ series god tier is a big stretch.

wtf is going on with the pulley

How is this a god-tier engine whatsoever? Name one engineering quality that this engine posses that was either an advancement in the field of automotive engineering, or was an accomplishment of any kind, whatsoever.

the only argument for this engine is
>muh power/size, price/performance

The "power" the ls engines make is the same as a literal fucking truck engine. They only exist because GM decided a long time ago to put a truck engine in a cars body and call it a sportscar. That is why the ls exists and the corvette exists. Nowhere in there is anything worth mentioning engineering wise.

price/performance
Ls swaps usually cost over 20g if they're going to be anywhere near the "not half-assed" threshold, and for 20g you can pick almost any common engine, get the same output as an ls and the same reliability which, is honestly fucking garbage. They have cooling problems, oiling problems, oil cooling problems, bent pushrods. etc etc. The fact that people glorify them as much as they do and they don't even come with forged connecting rods is just proof at how overrated these garbage ass engines are. Anyone who says they're anything but is a fucking idiot and doesn't know anything about cars or engineering.

/thread

INDY engine?

>turbo
no thanks

The SBC is hands down the cheapest and most reliable way to break 1000hp. I'd say that's a pretty good engineering quality. Awww boo hoo you have to drop a couple grand at JEGS to make a junkyard engine put out supercar hp reliably waaaaahh.

>Melting down this hard over the God Engine LS

hnnng

The actual work vehicles use detuned engines than those found in your cuck wagon trucks.

I mean if those 21 ft box trucks break 250 hp that's considered a hot rod in the truck world.

55hp
550cc
60 lbs

Pretty efficient package.

Almost forgot.

60lbs including transmission.. since it's a bike engine.

I known people that have done LS swaps for less than $2000. I can't see any done being over 10g unless you're pushing 1500hp or throwing it into something stupid like a civic

>magnesium
hnnnnggggg

Come on guys

Only the grey painted parts. The cases are Aluminum.

3S-GTE

>that feel when gen 4 3SGTE
feels good

>painted literally everything... including water passages, exhaust ports and mating surfaces

i mean sure the exhaust ports will burn off but wut

>engine that would have survived le mans twice
>laugh harder.gif

>doesn't know anything about cars or engineering.
>to put a truck engine in a cars body

The SBC existed in GM cars before it was in GM trucks.

Yet you'd defend a plane engine in the worst place to mount an engine.

3S before coil-on-plug were all dogshit

>great power
>one of the best engines ever for torque at 3k
>it's not a real hemi, it's actually just a pentroof porsche design

>mfw he didn't post an LS engine
>mfw this melt down over LS engines anyway
>mfw this entire post

it's not an LS you busriders

You're thinking of the 5S you stupid yank twat

>The SBC is hands down the cheapest and most reliable way to break 1000hp.

aftermarket support is its only redeeming quality.

a corvette engine like the one in your pic is 5k for a thrashed one with 100k miles on it. if you are getting el cheapo SBC's like has seen they are almost invariably out of a truck and, fully dressed, are X-box fuckin' huge (by almost 6 inches in every dimension).

meanwhile, you can get a 1UZ that weighs 200lbs less, has smaller fully dressed dimensions, and makes similar or better stock power. not to mention you can get it for 900$ that has less than 35k miles on it and comes with a warranty.

the days of the SBC being cheap power are gone. its for overpriced antique boomer mobiles and hobbyists that just like to throw money at their projects.

Wrong
5.7 hemi is cheapest way to hit 1,000hp

umm sweetie... that's not an ls... it's a 350

>a corvette engine like the one in your pic is 5k for a thrashed one with 100k miles on it
huh

are you trying to prove my point or what?

thats 6500$ for an engine thats not even fully dressed.

bro it's got a 200$ mail-in rebate.

I don't know how stock power output is relevant when talking engine swaps. The whole LS swap meme usually entails pulling a 5.3 truck motor, dressing it up with performance parts then dropping it into something. That's the budget route. You'll never reach this performance to price ratio with any Jap or German V8.

If you got the money then you do an actual corvette LS swap or use a alloy crate engine.

>renesis
>good

>hey i know, lets shove these big 427s in everything

he was truly a madman and we love him for it

fuck you guys shes perfect

>I don't know how stock power output is relevant when talking engine swaps.

because thats the reason LS1 swaps were attractive in the first place. they were good power right out of the box.

>ej
>god tier
How bout no

Came here to post this

This, but only if you ignore the shitty, shitty exhaust manifold.

wtf is that garbage?