Scary future thread

>All cars are either self driving beige shitboxes or have so little autonomy that they might as well be self driving
>Dragracing is banned because of safety reasons
>All cars are electric with an 11 gorillion century charge time and they can only drive for 1 picosecond before running out of charge and instantly break down the moment you go off road

It's worse than that friend. I reserved an FF91 at launch and so far nothing good has come from my reservation. The only thing of substance i've received from the company is a survey about how they are looking at tackling the recharge time problem. From the questions they were asking FF is not even going to attempt to fix the issue of long recharge time, instead they will build "entertainment centers." These entertainment centers (as I call them) would be massive gas stations with a central building that has wifi, coffee, shopping, food, car wash, vehicle accessories, etc. So the vehicles are still going to take over an hour or two to recharge but at least you can facetime over wifi while you wait right?

Imagine the future is where the simple act of driving, even automatically, becomes an "adventure" because of all the wonderful problems introduced by an infant technology being foisted upon the masses.

And this is what normies WANT
I fucking despise normalfags with a passion

When driving from LA to SF (or any distance greater than 300 miles) takes an entire day because you have to recharge for three hours, people may start caring at that point.

>The good
Plenty of high quality EV's will be released within a decent time frame. The prosche electric shows that.
>The bad
people have the mindset that EV's are tech products and not car products and believe driving ones self is a chore
>the ugly
better alternative to electric vehicle exist or could exist, but because everyone signed onto the the tesla hype (at least normies) those options are being pushed out of market viability.

>All cars are either self driving beige shitboxes or have so little autonomy that they might as well be self driving
Good thing that I'll be dead by then.
Until then, I look forward to start swerving at autonomous vehicles and they get out of my way automatically.

ELECTRIC VEHICLES CHARGE OVERNIGHT

YOU ALWAYS LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AT 100% CHARGE

STOPPING TO CHARGE IS NOT PART OF YOUR WEEKLY/MONTHLY LIFE LIKE GETTING GAS IS

YOU CHARGE YOUR CAR OVERNIGHT AT YOUR HOUSE

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW TO MAKE THIS ANY MORE CLEAR

>recharge for three hours
half charge can be achieved in 20 minutes.

It takes 2-3 minutes to fill a half tank of gas.
4-5 minutes for a full tank.

Look on the bright side, when the nuke comes, they won't be able to leave their shithole of a state.

Yes but this becomes a problem if you want to travel long distances.
EV's make excellent daily drivers. Touring cars? Not so much.

I did not contest that. How is this information relevant to my post?

99% of people are daily drivers

Self driving cars will never be outlawed
Drivers will never be slapped with big costs
Fuel prices aren't going to the moon
Anyone with the slightest understanding of transport and automobile industries knows this. And nothing is going to change for half a century are least

You fags are delusional and want to live in some dystopian future so you can be bad ass road warriors or something
So fucking lame
Stop role playing you nerd faggots
I wish I could filter anonymous posters

>this
most pollution doesn't even come from cars ,but from diesel ships, factories, and coal burning power plants that power electric cars

Its impossible to fix using our current system. Electric transportation is necessary to achieve a carbon neutral future.

Shut up anime fag

The future for fun on 4 wheels is bleak, but fun on 2 wheels is looking pretty sweet.

>no more stupid distracted drivers to hassle/maim/kill you. AI is never tired, distracted, or impaired.
>self driving pooled ride-sharing services mean less cars on the road.
>long distance drivers being stuck at a charging station for 2-3 hours means less cars on the road
>e-motorcycles could have user swappable batteries(more range) with insane performance numbers

hell yeah i love dying too

Muh electric motors means even more hectic wheelies and God tier traction control systems

>The better alternative
Hydrogen? Even without Tesla hype people are too leary about it.