Heavy Oxidation/Failed Clear Coat Removal

How do I remove this shit?
I've tried clay barring it, and it scratches off with a little work, but I'm worried I'll kill the original paint.
I can't dish out a grand for a new paint job at the moment.

holy shit bro who blew a load on your bonnet

>How do I remove this shit?

Oxidation can be compounded out. Bad clearcoat like you're seeing means repaint.

It's just a 3rd gen so no one expects it look properly maintained anyway.

ayyy, your the dumbass that cut a hole in his floor. why the fuck are you worried about your paint?

>having clear coat

the clear coat is gone. time to pony up for a respray.

a smonkin hott hentai blows hueg load pt 2
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks, anons.
It was the previous owner who didn't know/give a shit about waxing and let it sit out in the sun.
Fuck you, cock sucker. That was before is was mine and he didn't know dropping the axle was just a few bolts. And it's you're*

>you are paint
yeah no bb. did you know the fag you bought it from if so you should have bought it knowing his a nigger rigger

he's*

>you are paint
No, niggerito. I'm talking about the beginning of your sentence, "your the dumbass"
It's a raised spot behind the back seats he had his jack legged friend cut. Really activates my almonds he did that.

ahhh fug didnt see i did that anywho get it fucking fixed muh dindu

L'oxide works pretty good as a temporary fix

Also your not saving that paint. Just remove the bumper and hood to take to Maaco or some place cheap. The rest of your paint is in bad condition so your really should just prep it and have someone spray it for you.

Ye no worries, m8.
I suppose that I've got no other choice. Thanks, user.
L'oxide? I'll try that while I'm saving up funds.

I recommend this a lot but a high school/small town auto schools do repairs hella cheap and the quality of the work is good. So ya know get the nigger rigged hole fixed.

>you are paint
Fucking kill yourself

I've got a guy I've heard highly recommended who could weld it and file it down just right. It's covered by the carpet, but I still want to get it taken care of prompto. Plus the high school kids near me are a bunch of rednecks so I'll just go with the slightly more expensive option. Thanks for the heads up though.

Might want to give it a shot yourself man. Take it nice and slow. Worst thing that can happen is your shit paint still looks like shit. That's what I'm doing with mine, my paint is peeling real bad on the edges so I'm just going to scrape it off the edges and give em a couple coats

What do you think about rattle canning it? Seems like it would be better to just leave it.

If you rattle can it and it comes out not shitty, then you're doing pretty good. If not, it's like $20 and a couple hours, so who cares

Fair enough. I'll look more into rattle can projects. Ideally I'll just have it painted then.
This is what it could look like.
c r e a m l o a d s

What year is yours? Mine's an 84. I NEED to get those stock wheels, right now it's got some cragars

89 formula 350.
Yeah mine are not the correct size so they scrub just a little. I'm also missing a few of those plastic lug bolt covers.

Mine's got a 350 but it's an older carb'd one. Needs a good refresh and then I'll probably turbo it till it blows

You outta post it in the classic car thread. There's two other third gens in there.

Yeah I'm one of the other two

The one who's also got the stuck up headlights?

They're not stuck up but I have to manually crank then up cause the relays are fried. Gonna get a full headlight harness from a junkyard soon

I need to do the same. I was told when I got it that it was the motors that caused them to stay stuck up.

There's an empty box that had a motor in it in the back of the trunk. I'm guessing cletus tried replacing the motors and fucked up the wiring, melting the relays

Man if I had the money I'd have somebody who knew what they were doing walk me through all of this. Electrical shit is really not my bag.

Me neither, all the wiring is beyond fucked. Right now I'm just trying to have the car not burn down. Proving to be pretty hard though, between the fucked wiring and gas leaking everywhere. At least it's getting a new radiator tomorrow

I keep getting this burning plastic smell when driving and it worries the shit out of me. I can't see anything melted on it, and some of the ribbed plastic tubes are so old they crush when you put any pressure on them. It might be oil burning.

That's not good. You're gonna want to check things over real good. Check all the relays, blown fuses, anything that seems like it's been fucked with. At least you don't smell gas when you open your hood. That shit has me up the walls

>gas when you open the hood
Jesus Christ how horrifying.
I'm planning on borrowing a test light and checking all of the fuses soon.

That's a good place to start. I got a fuel pressure gauge to hook up when I'm done with the radiator. Hopefully it's just the fuel pressure is too high or the float in the carb is stuck. Car was originally a v6 but was swapped god knows how long ago, surprised it even starts

>swapped God knows how long ago
I hate how people mad max their cars just to get them running. If it was just temporarily I could understand, but there are people who just don't give a shit.

Man whoever owned this car before me was either clinically braindead or trying to sabotage it. Guess it'll live up to it's name though. I'm making something out of the ashes of this thing. Hopefully not literally though

One of the first few songs I listened to on the radio in the car was Two of Hearts, and it was at this part
>I got this feeling that you're going to stay
>I never knew that it could happen this way
>Before I met you I was falling apart
>But now at last I really know we're made of two of hearts

wirings not that bad once you get used to reading diagrams you can just make your own harnesses

Even in the 90's this was common on third gen f-body cars.
Anybody know why?
It was also an all or nothing thing,never saw one with just a little bit of this ugly.

The radio in my car is gone, just a rats nest of wires in there haha. The minute I bought this thing I regretted it, but after a few days it grew on me. Bit by bit it's coming together. Didn't be even have a battery or functioning hood when I got it. Tires were dry rotted, no brakes. Once I get this radiator in and figure out where the gas is leaking from I'm taking it down the road to fill it up. I'm dying to do that, it's what keeps me working on this thing

in the 80s clear coated cars started becoming standard. they didnt quiet know how thick it should be foxbodies were even worse people just give more of a shit about mustangs so they had them repainted

Because they had shitty paint that wasn't taken care of because trailer trash don't need no wax. It's a weird phenomenon though, after decades of being owned by dumbass hicks, people who actually give a shit are starting to pick these things up

Why fix it? That is how God intended Cletusmobiles to look.

>you are paint

Except it isn't

Hey OP, sometimes you can pressure wash clear coat off. Like get the tip an inch from the paint, the higher power the washer the better and the spinning tips are basically mandatory. Realistically a fine sand paper works but takes forever.

I would just prep the hood nicely sanding all of it off coarse grit and then finer to scuff the surface and fog it down with black or really dark gray. A black/gray hood can look cherry imho.

This.
This is how God intended her to look.
I'm gonna get some wetordry sandpaper and give it a shot. I appreciate it.