When did you grow out of the "muh American muscle" meme and realise Japanese was the way to go?

when did you grow out of the "muh American muscle" meme and realise Japanese was the way to go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9nAx2jtr3K8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when i was 12

>implying tuners aren't the first thing kids like
>implying 12 year old aren't dreaming of supra and GTRs from fast and furious

Japan BTFO

When i first saw pic related.

That's like taking off Pampers and putting on Huggies.

>implying the reverse didn't happen
American muscle became awesome, Jap cars settled with mediocrity. The 90s are long gone.

Jap cars have no more lightweight 4cyl glory. Instead we have 1 ton monsters like the Lexus RC.

No point in getting a pigfat Jap car now when you getting muscle power cheap.

growing up is realizing that porsche is the true drivers' car

Why not both?

pretty much this.
growing up i dreamed of a 180sx or silvia K. great styling awesome tuning options, etc. Then all the jap shit starting looking disgusting, tougher to tune. The 're-inventing' of the muscle cars peaked my interest, and now i want a r/t or some shit

I grew out of the "you have to only like one kind of car and make retarded bait threads" phase at about 16.

A Prius?

Nothing wrong with a Prius.

>t. Butthurt weebo

Didn't, Japan's roads and America's roads are nothing alike. We've got big, open spaces to drive through and we built or cars accordingly, four-barrel freaks of automotive nature bred specifically to chew through large stretches of road. The Japanese have winding and sometimes short/small roads, and dense cities with a lot of stop and go traffic, and build their cars likewise accordingly. It's as good as comparing apples to oranges.

The real answer though, don't like just one type of car like an insufferable fucknut, it's alright to like both. I'd drive a new Subaru WRX as easily as I'd drive a new challenger or mustang. You miss out on a lot playing the exclusivity game.

when I realized a minivan could destroy murcan muscle

youtube.com/watch?v=9nAx2jtr3K8

Why can't fruit be compared

The R/T is the one to get, fuck the people saying 392 or bust

I didn't, I realised non-German euro is the way to go

If I didn't want the v6 camaro I'd definitely consider the i4 gt86 as an alternative.

392 would be a much better investment.

they're depreciating already and it's a Dodge, they're all shit investments outside of the Demon

>375HP
Too slow, not enough to be a "muscle car," get a 392

>gt86
>inline 4

>buy 1-2 year old R/T with low miles
>put a procharger on it
>have more power than the 392 by a long shot, save thousands of $ on buying price alone, not counting insurance

thats what i was planning on

JDM is best

How to fix Jap crap

so good they have to put real engines in them after overpaying by 10 grand for the car

This right here.
I love Japanese sports cars but it's the 80s and 90s, modern day JDM is awful. The Japanese lost whatever magic they had back then and they can't get it back. The only thing worthwhile they made was the GTR, but the GTR has turned into a supercar instead of being a car that the average joe could possibly afford at some point. American sports cars have changed from being nothing more than drag cars to a well balanced combination of a track and straight line car. Even the Hellcat has posted a decent burgerking time despite it being a fucking huge ass land barge.

>they're all shit investments outside of the Demon
A Viper would be a much better choice.

Sure, if you like to be the most boring person on the planet