>Guy embroils Europe and it's colonies in a twelve year long war that saw the death of a few million

>>Guy embroils Europe and it's colonies in a twelve year long war that saw the death of a few million.

>Allies just exile him to Corsica, put him in a big time out.

>Breaks out, returns to France immediately begins new war, battle of Waterloo kills hundreds of thousands more.

>They just exile him to Elba

Why didn't the Allied Coalition just... I dunno.. Have him executed? You'd think he caused enough trouble and chaos to warrant it.

Why didn't they hang him?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Amiens
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Fontainebleau_(1814)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was an Emperor.

They exiled him to Elba, then St. Helena in the Atlantic. He was from Corsica.

>making martyrs

Right, St. Helena.. My mistake.

>>Allies just exile him to Corsica, put him in a big time out.
they exiled him to Elba
>>They just exile him to Elba
they exiled him to St Helene

>Why didn't they hang him?
Because he didn't do nuffin

>Guy embroils Europe and it's colonies in a twelve year long war that saw the death of a few million.

But in reality

>Last minute attempts at negotiation by Talleyrand failed, and Whitworth left France on 13 May. Britain declared war on France on 18 May, thus starting the Napoleonic Wars that would rage in Europe for the following 12 years.[43]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Amiens

Never bring up a topic you know nothing about unless you want to pass for a fool

>Never bring up a topic you blah, blah, blah.

Nah, fuck you.

>Why didn't the Allied Coalition just... I dunno.. Have him executed?

The French Revolution had already almost killed the statut quo on the divine right of monarchy, executing another monarch would just be the nail in the coffin.
Alos, the oh so evil Napoleon had conquered Austria and Prussia several time after THEY attacked him, yet he never deposed their monarchs, let alone executed them.
Doing so to him the one time he lose would be an extreme dick move from them.

What purpose would it serve to execute a deposed ruler?

We probably should have killed Nixon...

>Guy embroils Europe and it's colonies in a twelve year long war that saw the death of a few million.

No he didn't

>Guy embroils Europe and it's colonies in a twelve year long war that saw the death of a few million
He really didn't do this, but okay
> Have him executed
>making a martyr out of one of the most beloved people on the continent

Even after his second exile there were stories about how he will make his third coming and set things right once more and for sure this time.

>>Guy embroils Europe and it's colonies in a twelve year long war that saw the death of a few million.

Except he wasn't the aggressor in the Napoleonic Wars, Europe declared war on him, and not vice-versa.

There were rumors (even after he died) that he wasn't really in exile, but still among his people in France, waiting in secret to reestablish the Empire. He would sometimes reveal himself to children or other innocent pure-hearted people, giving them a medallion as a token and proof of his visitation.

Nappy was literally so popular with the common folk he became a folk legend like Elvis or Santa Claus

I mean what makes more sense to a farmer? The idea that the glorious leader you saw continuously dick-kick every major power for 12 years against all odds is actually confined in exile on the other side of the world no ones been to, or he's in hiding, waiting to start kicking dicks again?

The Pope pleaded with them to spare his life.

Napolean was the closer to the "good" guy actually. More beloved than many of the monarchs.

because wellington didn't want to seem like a dick

Napoleon, Caesar, Frederick the Great, Borgia.

Just a few examples of the ideal. Only Last Men will disagree.

>Frederick the Great,
in the same fucking line as Napoleon and Caesar.

kys

>kill insanely popular leader
>French go batshit over their martyred leader
>more war

Good thing you weren't put in charge, OP. You're a fucking idiot.

Frederick the Great did fucking jack shit apart from being a meme Enlightenment monarch.

saying that people should look for a borgia rather than a christ doesn't mean that looking for a borgia is ideal

nietzsche only explicitly mentioned napoleon and caesar

>implying anyone had the balls to execute Napoleon, antiquity incarnate

This is whag Anglos actually believe.

it has no historic basis and is completely my conjecture: After Waterloo, Napoleon was Europe's leverage against Russia. By the same supposition, it would not be so wild to imagine that the jail-break of his first exile was staged by France or England as a warning.

This motherfucker was absolutely gay. Tried to run away from his father and study music and philosophy with his boyfriend Hans. He was captured and had to watch Hans be beheaded. My man Frederick considered suicide rather than marry that thot Elizabeth Christine.
I mean, just look at him. I wish I had curls like that.

it's a wig you dildo

Which of those men do you think never got lucky?

>abloobloo, GERMans got lucky.
fucking poles.
genocide when?

>dad executes his boyfriend.
>he literally never fathers children, ensuring his father's line dies out as a fuck you.
and this is bad how?

there's lucky and then there's your enemy dies randomly and her successor makes peace with you

sure thing pierre pavel.

wait i just reread it

there's lucky and then there's your enemy dies randomly and her successor makes peace with you, helps you make peace with another one of your enemies and gives you troops

what the fuck

and the reason that happened is because he spent years building up a reputation as a badass general and a great king.
It's like John Romero being picked up by bigwigs when he leaves a job.

>It's like John Romero being picked up by bigwigs when he leaves a job.
is this supposed to mean anything to me

>Implying Fortuna is a flaw

Read Machiavelli.

He was more than that. Maybe you'd prefer his retarded Catholic son?

Be aware this board is francophile

Don't forget the 100 days he appeared out of no-where and dicked around until wellingLoo

desu I've been finding myself more and more of a Naphile (bonphile?) in the last few months.

>returns to France immediately begins new war,
>BEGINS new war
And the Eternal Anglo strikes again

Because the life of one monarch is worth millions of peasants. No monarch wanted to set the precedent of executing another monarch. Monarchs get exiled, because they knew it could happen to them.

Are you out of your mind? The precedent of removing defeated sovereigns is bad enough, and you want to start killing them?

>why didn't they just execute a guy that was extremely beloved by the French populace and gave freedom to multiple different surpressed peoples throughout Europe

Hmmmm

what kind of monster are you

>wellingLoo

blucherLoo*

Heh, you used my screenshot!

I remember referring to this once, but botching the screenshot towards the top.

Good man!

Yeah, Wellington sure is the guy who decided what would happen to Napoleon

To not turn him into a martyr?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Fontainebleau_(1814)

OP says elba

>Nappy was literally so popular with the common folk he became a folk legend like Elvis or Santa Claus
Or Jesus

he dindu nuffin

soldiers die in wars