Would you rather have a 300hp automatic RWD car or a 300hp manual FWD car?

Would you rather have a 300hp automatic RWD car or a 300hp manual FWD car?

The rwd. It's still good for drag racing. Manual swaps are a thing.

Is drag racing good for anything?

300hp automatic RWD car.

Presumably it's some kind of 2-speed, 20-foot land barge and I fucking love those.

Yes? It's cheap quick and easy. $30-40 for unlimited runs at most places. Not to mention stop light racing.

if we're talking the exact same car in all other respects, the automatic RWD
but it really depends on the car

FWD
FUCK AUTOMATIC. Everybody who drives automatic should get their license revoked

Both are compact sedans of the size of a E90 BWM 3 Series weighting approximately 2900lbs

Depends on the car. For example, when I think of a fwd manual car with good horsepower like that, I think do the Saturn Ion Redline, and I'd love that

Rwd no question. The BMW 1 series with it's 300hp twin turbo i6 rapes a lot of the competition.

If you drive an automatic during driving school you'd lose your license if the cops spot you driving a manual car with that barbie license.

If I had good fast automatic transmission, why not?

You can get a flappy-pedal steering wheel for under 500€ if you do it yourself and only go to a dealer to get it programmed in (for E8x/ E9x bmws)
So I'd go with auto

I will always prefer manuals, but the fast automatic transmissions will always be better when it comes to pure speed. No one can shift faster than a computer.

yeah, and many of them already have a sport steering wheel with the shift paddles.

a transmission flash is available and makes it very responsive and fast shifting

Or you can just keep 500€ in your pocket and use the steptronic

Ha a friend with a ~350hp 850 T5, which was fun as hell. Most 300hp manual FWD cars are pretty damn fun. 300hp in a FiST or 500 Abarth would be a riot.

On the other hand, something like an LS430 or 335i would be a nice daily driver.

Mostly, it depends on weight. A 300hp, 4500lbs manual Toronado won't be fun.

>stop liking what I don't like
Automatic is heaven in heavy traffic, and it's easier for normies. It's got it's place in the current automotive world, and you should accept that.

There so fucking cute every time.

>Both are compact sedans of the size of a E90 BWM 3 Series weighting approximately 2900lbs
Does not compute. A compact sedan like that weight 3400-3600 lbs. A Golf weigs 3000lbs, so imagine adding a trunk to that, and a bit of size, and still lowering the kerb weight. A 300hp, automatic 135i is something like 3500lbs.

I think we're looking at:
>A carbon fibre manual Passat GTI with a Golf R tune
>A carbon fibre automatic 335i
In which case I'd pick the 335i.

This. Wouldn't want something like a TH400 or 4L80, but a modern automatic like the 8HP is fine.

>No one can shift faster than a computer.
Sequential dogboxes would like to disagree.

>Sequential dogboxes
they say it's not full manual

Sequential dogboxes are still manuals ya doofus. Manual clutch operaton, and manual shift operation. Hell, both can be fully mechanical too.

That's like saying motorcycles aren't manuals in most cases (because most of those are also sequential dogboxes).

the manual 300hp fwd car, just drive it backwards so it's rwd

rwd

Depends on the car.

I drive a 300hp automatic RWD, however its got 7 gears AND flappy paddles!

Mine is rwd, has 6 gears and tiptronic, still pretty fun

>A 300hp, 4500lbs manual Toronado won't be fun.
says you

Not in burgerland

gearbox swap is a lot easier than drivedrain swap.
It also depends is that 300hp a piece of shit luxobarge or is it a mk4 supra?
With ff it doesn't really matter anyway.

i btfo it with my 140hp mrs in the twisties.
Its pigfat. Only really good for highway pulls.
Only good bimmers are the M ones. Rest are only good if you build a race car out of it.

No computer currently changing gears can see as far down the road as I can.

>It also depends is that 300hp a piece of shit luxobarge or is it a mk4 supra?
You only need to say it once.

>No computer currently changing gears can see as far down the road as I can.
Actually they can. Modern LIDAR can see way beyond what you can see, and anticipate accordingly. However, this stuff still isn't integrated into TCU's.

Rather have 300hp RWD auto I guess but good thing I have 300+hp RWD and manual :)

300HP is not enough to redeem an automatic, I'd need at least 450HP for that. I guess I'll take the Civic Type R.

I used my own car as reference, the 3rd gen Focus sedan weights 2800lbs.

It's to prevent retards that are in fact not good enough to handle a car to go out in traffic with a manual car and put others in danger.

I was not talking about 3rd world countries.

RWD automatic. Sure it doesn't have a clutch, but at least it can pull skids around corners unlike the FWD granny box.

You might as well be asking whether someone wants a V6 Camry or a V6 Charger.

In any case, I would probably choose RWD if for no other reason than the fact that wheelspin is a real thing on FWD cars at 300+tq at the crank.

300hp in a high revving, N/A Fiesta ST or Abarth would be awesome. a 300hp/300tq turbocharged Fiesta ST or Abarth would be a novelty. You'll quickly have to get used to wheelspin everywhere and going nowhere fast.

>progressive boost doesn't exist
Jesus man. 300hp, whether n/a or turbo, would be a riot in either of those two all day. It's especially less of a problem with more suspension, tires and an aftermarket LSD.

>FWD
>manual
> unsprung flat undertray
>GIAGANT DIFFUSOR starting between front seats
>going across the entire gearbox tunnel
>huge partialy unsprung front wing

The insane downforce and high downforce efficiency would offset the weight shift disatvantage.

the RWD. Cause manuals are for literal faggots who can't go 5 minutes without holding a dick.

>being this insecure of your sexuality
user you hold your steering wheel the same way you would hold TWO (2) dicks

jokes on you, i'm jerking off my girlfriend with my freehand.

So, the second car not has only worse handling (FWD), but it is slower as well (manual)?

300hp fwd auto
the best

Bonus points for a longitudinal 500ci V8.

I don't think he means literal seeing distance.
I think he means anticipation for your next action which a computer could never predict.

>I think he means anticipation for your next action which a computer could never predict.
Based on
>GPS location
>ECU
>TCU
>LIDAR
>A camera pointed at your face
A good computer could get pretty damn close.