What car maker would you like to start producing motorbikes (that doesn't currently)?

What car maker would you like to start producing motorbikes (that doesn't currently)?

Toyota, I'd love to see them fuck that up

Mazda
Then maybe there will be a bike that can properly handle

alfa romeo

Lotus's take on a motorcycle would be really interesting.

CCM uses Lotus inspired (licensed?) bonded aluminum tech, I assume Lotus would do that but in a sports bike.

Lotus. Was my first thought and after much thinking it's still my preferred choice.

And by "producing" I mean actually produce them instead of just commissioning a licensed concept from a third party design studio.

t. can'tlean

I'd like to see Porsche have a go at it

Seriously, Lotus's business model has never seemed viable for cars, but would seem to make more sense with motorbikes. People are willing to pay to shave weight on a motorcycle, and aren't so focused on raw horsepower. It's a wonder they've never tried it.

Whatever
I want my rotary brap brap bike

Porsche should have made the jump when they were at the forefront of what you could do with air cooling.

I want a ford mustang bike

Lol that bike was retarded,a dodge v10 that they put into a bike as a fuck you to Harley

A bunch of rotary bikes were released in the 70s and 80s from suzuki and norton. Problem is getting the heat out, but super smooth running is very appreciated on a bike.

That thing had a top speed of over 200mph, it clobbered everything except the jetbike
But I'm saying Mazda could do it, and I think they could make it in a compact package, I'd love to see a 1.0L 3 rotor engine

Claimed top speed, but no one was stupid enough to actually take it there.

>Chrysler's chief operating officer Wolfgang Bernhard said in 2003 that no one had ridden the Tomahawk faster than 100 mph (160 km/h).[6]

Modern Mazda would be interesting.

Bikes are starting to really struggle with emissions, needed to have cats and running dangerously lean. An HCCI engine wouldn't need that, although perhaps it'd need to be so overbuilt (diesel style) that there'd be no weight benefit.

Probably due to its fucking weight and it was literally equivalent to hanging on to a missle

are you kidding?

Toyota would make the most dead reliable, but somehow boring UJM, sport, twin sport, and off road bikes ever .

Yamaha and Toyota have always been closely aligned. Yamaha has designed a lot of Toyota engines, and even whole cars (eg 2000gt). I believe Toyota owns part of Yamaha motors.

Of course Yamaha has worked with other car makers (Ford and Volvo at least).

I'd had a theoretical geared top speed of 200mph, which is very different to a "top speed".

On the reverse, it would be interesting to see KTM make a Jeep competitor. Nobody makes really light off-road but street legal 4x4s.

safety regs make that all but impossible now.

Lotus was my first thought, Rolls Royce was my second.

Although I guess a RR bike would just be some rebranded BMW now.

Aprilia/Guzzi are already close enough.

Porsche literally owns Ducati.

Rolls Royce would simply take the K1600, make it into a longitudinal V12, and add a suitably stylish sidecar.

Porsche co-designed the engine in the V-Rod.

Let me ask you the reverse. Is it weird that I really wish Yamaha made their own cars? I have seriously never bought anything by them that wasn't great quality (and made in japan), from bikes, to guitars/guitar amps, to audio amps, to synthesizers, drums, anything nippon gakki was the shit. I know they've built engines, but I want a 100% made by yamaha car.

Fully carbon frame, or bust

You could get a motorcycle made by the actual Rolls Royce still. Gas turbine powered bike would be awesome.

Yeah but Porsche engineers are much less likely to use meme valves than Ducati

>When you market your product to be the vehicle of the youthful, adventurous type but you make it so expensive that the only people who can afford it are out of shape doctors, lawyers, and producers.

The 'Toyota' GT2000 was entirely made by Yamaha. They shopped it around to various automakers to sell as a halo and Toyota took it after Nissan declined.

Not sure if they done other whole cars.

GM.

Yeah, I suppose that's why those CanAm etc. Buggy things (what are those called?) have become a thing. I feel like I've seen lots of those with plates, I assume classified as 'motorcycles'

I'd really like to see an american manufacturer that that could compete with the big 4 jap manufacturers, so maybe ford or chevy, the fear is that they would go down the road of patriotism and end up like harley selling the same thing for decades and living up the past.

Kia. I need a bike that I won't feel bad about damaging

You'd be better off with a Hyundai then.
Fuck Hyundai.

Same shit, dumbass

S U B A R U
U
B
A
R
U