Why are most "Futuristic" design concepts ussually so ugly

Most of the time when I see designs for the car of the future, I get shit like this. Are there any good current car concepts for the "car of the future"
>inb4 the car from irobot

Pretty much just concept artists having dick sizing competitions for dumbest shit they can get paid to render.

Concepts are only cool if they're actually built and even then they can be dumb as hell.

>what is spaceroom

In my personal opinion, this is the best design for a "car of the future" I have seen so far and it wasn't even made by a car designer. It was made by one of the designers for the movie "Elysium" and it reminds me a lot of the 70s 2 door land barges such as the Eldorado.

I think it is not in that movie. It shows a cool space car. pic related.

>it nods that VAG exists in 2154.
It triggers all VAGhaters.

Was just talking about this. I feel like in a couple decades:
-all cars will be electric
-all cars will look the same
-all cars will probably look the same

We are told the reason electric cars must be a thing is because of the environment. If it's because we're lowkey almost out of oil, I get it. But if this is an offshoot of the green movement, I know these things to be true:
-governments mandated that green tech occur
-governments now mandating that all cars produced be electric by some year
-governments are horribly run and awfully corruptible

So in 50 years were gonna have only three car companies certified to produce by government (the companies who sway govt officials the most) making essentially the same car three slightly different ways to mimic competition, which will all drive themselves because the government deems human drivers too dangerous. The passion will be gone, there will be no new car culture. And it'll be because our fate got determined by a bucket of govt fucks who will probably travel everywhere by light aircraft and never deal with actual automotive travel.

Tl:dr- Growing government will ensure we all travel in electric buses of various sizes one way or another because "they know what's best"

We need the vag to procreate so yeah it should be around still

No it's not in the movie, but it was proposed. Also, your pic related is more of a "space helicopter/private jet" than a car
And what do you mean by VAG?

wouldn't mind owning one of these

It let's engineers/designers get it out of their system, they're made to get people talking about the brand, features are over exaggerated to show it off and gauge reception.

kek

I think that user means Volkswagen Group will be around forever.

see

>I think that user means Volkswagen Group will be around forever.
correct.
>space helicopter/private jet
whatever.

If I remember correctly the wheels on it where very small (similar to a helicopter or plane) so I think the wheels where for landing, not actually driving.

The entire idea of a motor company building spaceships wasn’t far fetched. Nor – an ultra-luxury car company which builds the world’s fastest, most powerful car. I thought the placement of the Bugatti Logo was quite interesting to help show you exactly how rich the CEO was. No one else had one – if you noticed.

>where is my flying golf?

The oil companies have honestly had too much power for too long and electricity is a much more universal form of energy that's more about technology (who can produce most efficiently) than about cut-throat business plus it's easier for the government to subtly "balance" through legislation versus the fossil fuel companies wielding unreasonable power.

Personally, I don't think ICE cars will ever be completely outlawed, the government will just do the balancing act exactly to the point where the fossil fuel companies begin generating electricity with it then they'll ease up, at least outside of Europe. At that point ICE cars both new and old will be seen as hobbyist vehicles and their owner-operators will be seen as colorful, charming and "retro"

>driving
That Bugatti spaceship is flying and traveling thru space. It can land on the paradise for whites, Elysium Ringworld.

i meant driving on roads. By your definition, is a casena a car because it has wheels?

Depend on the function of a vehicle. It can driving on road or not. We know a little about its capabilities. It can be a spaceship, space helicopter, space jet, spacecar, or whatever.

Lexus made one you can actually purchase and drive.

Will we have rocket cars soon?

it looks ok to me.

Wrong timeline. Zigged. Should've zagged.

don't inb4 your own thread faglord

fuck you

It's true, OP can't inb4. Rules is rules

>those exhausts

I always liked this one but I thought it looked more futuristic back in the day

For decades people have had an idea about what cars of the future will look like. Everyone seems to agree that they are ugly but designers purposely go out of their way to make them look like this, instead of just sticking to what we like.