But why?

Why does vehiclehistory.com let us check VINs for free? No ads, no email spam. What could be beneficial for them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_mining
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

data farming all the vins

fuck if i know

illuminati or something

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_mining

you coudlve foud this out yourself if you scrolled all the way to the bottom of the main page

>VehicleHistory.com provides access to information we collect from public and third-party sources. While the information is routinely updated, we cannot verify or guarantee its accuracy or completeness due to our lack of control of the sourced data. By accessing the information provided you agree to do so at your own risk. For details, please check out Terms of Service. All images and content on VehicleHistory.com are subject to copyright and trademark. A vehicle history report, also known as a VIN check or a VIN lookup, is an automotive data resource that provides information about the history of a particular vehicle. In order to provide accurate VIN reports we show data from NMVTIS. Articles

>Data_mining
Yep.
Ever since I got a Ferrari, the GOP won't leave me alone.

pics

It's like a library without membership. Anyone can go there and look up a book. They know nothing about you. Can you even call it data mining?

Your IP, some background scripts and a Google Analytics partnership (all of which you are providing) are all the info they need for some great data mining to find out that you're in the market for a sub-$8000 Japanese midsize or whatever you're running. Also probably gives them a good idea of regional trends of what people are buying.

negative of the corvette
> Why no turbo V-6
I wonder who is behind this website

Well lets try some control test with vehicles I own:
>car 1
>odometer reading 15 years out of date
>no accident records despite multiple collisions/claims filed
>private sale value $6k under recent insurance appraisal
um wat
>car 2
>Unable to locate a vehicle with this VIN number
>meanwhile carfax reported the complete service, registration, and collision history
this site is completely useless holy shit

>pics
I'm all the way upstairs.
Can't you just google it?

>Ever since I got a Ferrari, the GOP won't leave me alone.

Ever since I got a single-wide trailer home, the GOP won't leave me alone.

Lool get what you pay for

This is true.
Their people also check records for who is sending kids to private schools, or buying boats or snowmobiles.

>claims to own a ferrari
>doesnt mention the model
>doesnt have a pic of your own ferrari own your smartphone/computer

How's roleyplaying going for you

>doesn't mention model

>Ever since I got a Ferrari, the GOP won't leave me alone
or
>Ever since I got a Ferrari 430, the GOP won't leave me alone

Yeah, your way really doesn't sound pretentious at all.

>just looked up jeep
>nothing on record

>few weeks ago someone shows me a Vin report. Was stolen and recovered in Florida a year or two after it was built.

Is there a letter or email they sent you lol. Why cant everyone just fuck off

Yeah, it wanted to know why I was leaving the Republican party, even though I never joined it, or was ever registered as one.
Fucking hilarious.

>doesnt have a pic of your own ferrari own your smartphone/computer
Shit, I have tons of them.
It's fun just to look at.

>Your IP, some background scripts and a Google Analytics partnership
It's easy to fake and block those though.

>Can you even call it data mining?
If you have java script, they technically can even read your CPUID if they implemented that. They can also check a lot of silently installed legal trojans and if they paid a fee to the one I know, it will list its serial number out.

There's a lot of data they can collect out of your PC legally if you let them run java and javascript. Facebook also provides cross tracking info to businesses that buy access to monitoring data. If you are a facebook member, they can crosscheck your identity to your facebook.

The party hires 3rd party companies. So that company was probably selling fake data to the GOP.

>fake data
That shit is everywhere.
I'm constantly getting refinance offers that claim to know how much my mortgage payments are.
And they're always way, way off.

Except only 1 out of 1000 people will do that.