>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
#

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/NEW-Starter-for-Yamaha-TW200-03-13-XT225-03-07/172813262282?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=45560&meid=27d6efed936d4c7ebe10e912b15561aa&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=131878925327&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for honda a pretty ok

So what's the consensus on the best cities for urban riding/hooliganing in the states that still have plenty of offroad potential?

GROM

And a second.

Outlook on life has changed

Detroit

>city people

When you think about it, cities are mostly but the same sharp corner over and over again so you have no excuse to not know how to lean, brake, and work on learning what makes a good line.

When I say city I dont mean huge ass population centers with giant skyscrapers and bumper to bumper traffic. Just big ass towns with plenty of opportunities for urban exploration.

What better place to be a nigger than Detroit?
Chicago maybe

>tfw

Thirded

Where are all these Honda apologists coming from??

Naw, thats too urban, not what im looking for. I want the perfect blend of big town with wide roads, minimal traffic and open wilderness.

I like my Grom

Daily reminder that midrange wins races, not peak power

Are Royal Enfields good or are they just pooinloo memes?

The latter

Then why does /dbt/ shit on detuned bikes

Starter motor problems guy here.

I took apart my starter motor and two little pieces of plastic fell out from the bottom of it that broke off of it. I don't know what anything in there is called, but I can post a picture of it, but I feel like that doesn't matter since I can confirm that something in it is broken. So I'm guessing I was right about my starter motor being fucked.

Where can I buy a new one? The cheapest place I've found so far is amazon

Because some top end is still desirable and detuned bikes have less of everything and race-losing pigfat and floppy chassis/suspensions

Till you factor in trying to get knee down in a city is an awful idea. Pot holes, Police and Pedestrians.

You'll definitely be good at braking hard and clutch control. You're not going to really learn how to take a good "racing" line though.

That is not at all a necessary skill to have though

I bought mine off ebay, but it was for an old obscure bike, so that was all I could find.
If your bike is common you should be able to find one at whatever website supports your bike.
I get parts from multiple sources that specialize in certain manufactures. Look on forums for your bike.
Or go the ebay/amazon route.
I got one from ebay that sucked, while another works fine.

>tfw friend got a 65 over dragging knee on the citys only curvy road at 3am

I still have no idea why he stopped. Even if they got the plate, worst case scenario would have been a 1000$ registered owner ticket. (No demerits if they canr prove who was riding)

Was the one from ebay that sucked new or used? The cheapest I can find is on ebay. Everything else is about $100 more expensive. It says it's new and has the right part number and they offer free returns though

>hey you, stop enjoying yourself at no cost to others.
Cops should give coupons for the HIDEOUSLY FUCKING EXPENSIVE track days you get in the US instead of tickets, honestly.

Or track operators should lower prices. It's bad enough that the pavement on any track not actually used for motorsport is garbage (and even then, some popular tracks like the burgerring have bumps in corners that fuck with bikes). You have to pay like $300 just for a total hour or two of riding and 5 hours of sitting in the sun. The best part being that your average track might have five corners and will definitely have a huge straight because the track is mostly used as a drag strip.

>T-9 Hours

time to bingewatch something

Fz09s are trash my guy

>buying a Decepticon
Bruh

Have you ridden it before? What if you get it and its terrible?

>tfw upcoming 5500 mile continental divide ride first 3 weeks of september

GONNA BE DANK

*teleports in front of you*
*cracks your oil pan*

every reviewer ever says the front is too soft, but then again it's sprung for normal sized riders around 130lb and not 200lb amerifats

>normal sized riders around 130lb

haha fucking manlets

Yeah and it's the only naked bike aside from the SuperDuke 1290R where my knees didn't hurt after an hour.
All the fucking bikes a built for manlets it seems.

It's the newer model, the front seemed fine.
Probably gonna change the rear shock out though.

If you're 6'0" (using this because everyone here fell for kike propaganda and thinks average german height is the manlet cutoff while the real master race is comprised of weed smoking feminist danes) and heavier than 140lb you're either exceptionally Veeky Forums (unlikely), and should just buy stiffer springs, or fat (likely).

The one that sucked was new, but it was only $30 and the power connection was glued on.
If they offer free returns then it might not be a bad deal.

dude 6' 140 pounds is fucking twig status. 6' 200 is not fat.

Getting a Ninja 300 tomorrow, what's Veeky Forums's opinion on it? It's a '14 and has 7000 miles on it. Any known problems?

I've been riding for a while now, had a '82 Maxim 650 last year, decided cruisers don't fit with my manlet frame, and then this popped up.

Pic relate

If you've been riding for a while you should not have bought a noob beginner bike.

t. american

it's literally a bike for girls

I like how desperately you're trying to justify your emaciated, skeleton like body. Anything under 140 lbs at 6 foot is underweight.

If stating facts makes me an American then I guess I'm American.

It was glued on? You mean the positive connection terminal? How is that even possible?

This is what I'm getting
ebay.com/itm/NEW-Starter-for-Yamaha-TW200-03-13-XT225-03-07/172813262282?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=45560&meid=27d6efed936d4c7ebe10e912b15561aa&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=131878925327&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I'm going to order it tomorrow but if anyone wants to be extremely helpful and check to see if there's anything retarded about it that I might be missing (like it's glued together), I'd be very grateful

Which ones did you ride? I find all the Japanese ones are really tight and have awful styling compared to the euro bikes.

>buying a ninja 250+50 when you aren't even a beginner
Lmao

Yeah this. I'm 6ft and I weigh about 160 and I'm pretty skinny

Holy shit a talking burger

>been riding for a while
>gets a 300

You're supposed to sell them off after half a year, get something bigger.

0-60 in 5.6 is alright with me my friends. I don't plan on going 7 million mph

le burger XDDDDDDDDDD

trips

0-60 is not the issue.
The bad brakes, the lackluster suspension, the capacity to overtake, the shitty tires.

You won't be happy with it. At least look for a 600 or even a 650 sportbike.

Have fun getting run over and not being able to get out of the way. have fun not being able to pass people in a safe manner. have fun having no acceleration on the highway.

Get something else you fucking idiot.

>5.6s
Shit nigga my pig fat ST does half that

Then why the fuck are you buying a sport bike at all? The only reason to buy those ugly ass bike is for the speed.

have fun not being able to stop or buy decent tires too btw

That would firmly place you in the 'overweight' category

The connector had what looked like glue at the base. After putting it on and taking it off like 3 times the positive end would wiggle back and forth. I then ran a test on it and it wouldn't spin. It was shit, luckily on my escapade I found that the relay was the failed part, and could use my old starter.

That starter looks pretty good to me. Not underpriced, free returns and its for a common bike.

>haha BMI is accurate

nah, I'll break your fucking arms you twig faggot. Come at me cunt. Do it. You won't.

>Americans
Just because it's the norm doesn't make it healthy you turd.

I would get something older. but you might like it. It probably gets good gas mileage.

once you're going 60 you're 3/4s of the way to redline. highways speeds are normally clsoer to 75-80. your engine lacks the power to pass. corollas are faster. you are condemned the the clusterfuck of the slow lane/merging lane and probably going to die because you can't be statistically safer and go 5mph faster than traffic.

Tiny bikes: great track toys shitty transportation

>my RS125 is fast enough bros and eats corners for breakfast XD
>*goes out on public roads*
>OH FUCK

Should I get a tiger 800, or a Street Triple R or a Yamaha XSR900. Mostly I go for 2-300 miles a day on daytrips, but nothing else really.

I'm 6 feet of muscle and weigh 200. Fuck your BMI shit.

T U O N O
U
O
N
O

Wew lad.

wew, reality! oh no!

XSR900 is aesthetic as fuck and it's a good bike

Out of curiosity, what kind of symptoms was your motorcycle showing when you got a new starter? How'd you find out that it was the relay?

Thats why you don't get it for 60+mph. For a short stint in the right hand lane on the freeway it would be fine. It may lack the power, but he can rev the shit out of it all the time. I can't row through the gears with a 90+hp bike and not be worried about a ticket.
I commuted on a scooter for 2yrs under 60mph. It was great.

dbt is even worse than the rest of Veeky Forums who would have figured

Yes, we should get our own board for that reason

>he can rev the shit out of it all the time.
This is the weakest justification to getting a shitbike

I was having problems tuning a carb that had a cv carb that had the slide break apart.
After getting a new slide I cleaned the carb, then ended up starting a fuck ton to get it to run right after some tuning.
Then it wouldn't want to start. So I went through the power lines and found they were fine, pulled the starter and verified it worked. Before this the bike was starting fine, then it would just go click, I think I ran a multimeter on it and didn't get any hard evidence so I just said fuck it. Then bought a relay, slapped it in, and it started fine.
I am currently trying to tune this carb, but shit has been getting out of hand.
The good news is I learned a lot, and it was on a shitbike anyways.

Depends on your ergonomics really.
And the tiger is a completely different bike from the XSR and Streety.
Manlet = Street Triple
Regular = XSR 900
Lanklet = Tiger

>row through the gears and not be worried about a ticket

by gear 3 you're already breaking every speed limit outside the highway you fucking moron

Dbt IS Veeky Forums

I mean the only shitty part is starts to get annoying sometimes, but how is it a weak justification.
I don't enjoy a heavy ass bike with "sit up and beg" positioning that has loads of power. A non heavy bike is probably fun though.

end me

Get a turbo busa and do it yourself

You want a track toy but you want to ride it on public roads. That's dumb.

The most popular road bike (a harley) isn't a top speed sports monster either, I mean cruisers top out at around the same spot as most family cars, but it does have a fuckload of torque and acceleration 300s and 250s lack because

>muh shiftan gears
>it's a sportbike i swears
>i know how 2 ride lol

Sounds kinda similar to what's happening with mine. Starting it only makes the relay click, too. I tried jumping the battery directly to the starter motor though and it wouldn't move. I also checked to see if the battery was making it to the starter while it was on the bike by using a multimeter on the negative end of the battery and the positive end of the starter and it was definitely picking up voltage. So I'm assuming with mine, it actually is the starter that's fucked up.

Also I took apart the starter and found a couple pieces of plastic broken off of something on the inside, which I'm like 95% sure I didn't break while opening it

But yeah, I've learned a shit load about how my motorcycle works from dealing with this just today

It really is. The only thing really throwing me off is going minimalist the dash is. Probably gonna pull the trigger on it if I can find a good deal next month

Not if I have a slow bike with low gearing while not shifting at the top of the power band. At the very least I enjoy using a decent portion of my engine and having a small bike. Is that unfathomable for your guys? Is it Go big or Go home?

>get a turbo busa
>it's actually really easy to ride
>comfy seat
>neutral handling
>pick a gear any gear it works
>keeping the revs down is easier than it sounds
>live peacefully

How about I end your boipussy virginity instead?

Tiger 1050

800 is more of a all road bike. If the huge cart wheel in the front didn't already show you that.

Tiger 800 ergos aren't neccesarily comfy for a lanket. Despite being very upright. It's like your knees are in a vice after very long rides and everything above is kinda detached from that. Thought the streep triple was better imo.

daddy no

I don't understand what's so enjoyable about massively accelerating engine wear when you're not even going fast. What a waste of good metal.

If I'm going to be topping out my 600 it's either going to be at a track or I'm going to be breaking the law

I'd expect turbo lag to be somewhat dangerous but otherwise yeah the busa is comfy for what it is

Just because its popular doesn't mean I want it. Also I enjoy the canyons/touge and am somewhat of a shitty/newbie rider. It's easier for me to run a lighter bike with a managable power band than some 100+hp bike.
I rode a bike with a large amount of torque throughout the rev range. I am just not into it yet, maybe after 5 years+ of more riding I might be.

>he always does the speed limit
top kek user

Really? I never even rode the tiger desu, but I know many tall dudes choose it.
Testrode the Street Triple and that was just tiny.

Personally, I would get the XSR but I'm biased since I'm about to pick up an MT 09 tonight

the thing about the non linear power memes is that you learn where it is and how to expect it very fast, usually in first gear when it's not going to put you very far over 80mph, during a purposeful highway pull.

people seriously overestimate motorcycle throttles. even supersports require a conscious effort to rev to death, and you're not going to whisky throttle over bumps unless you are literally holding it wrong.

>current year
>working out and spending more money on food and protein
>not working on a cute twink body
I used to be like you until I saw the light

I agree that it is the starter due to the act of broken shit coming out of it. You verified that it was getting power, and you tried starting it outside of the bike with no luck.
The relay click means it is sending power/functioning. I think mine wasn't sending full power or something

Yeah, I'm hoping you're right. If it isn't the starter, that means I accidentally fucked it up without realising it and forced myself to buy a new starter without even fixing the original problem haha

I'll probably have to buy a new relay soon though too. I noticed the voltage reading after the relay was a tiny bit lower than before it. Only like .04 or something, so not enough to matter, but I feel like that's a sign that it might need replacing down the road soon

I mean I usually wouldn't rev up to the redline, heck in the fun roads I run at about 50% rpm's because that is where the power is.

>If I'm going to be topping out my 600 it's either going to be at a track or I'm going to be breaking the law
That's just like, your opinion man.
If I was running a 600 I would almost never use full potential.

If not using the full potential bothers you for some autistic reason, even though used 300s cost as much as used 600s on some craigslists....

Option A: Stop caring about speed limits pussy
Option B: Do a track day