What's Veeky Forums think of the Mazda3? Got pic related last week and I'm a fan

What's Veeky Forums think of the Mazda3? Got pic related last week and I'm a fan.

>2.5
>6 speed
>Grand Touring

awwyiss.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GCC1-tp09Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eQ41kEdV8
youtu.be/eM1j07S0mnA?t=314
r.ebay.com/1X9X4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thats the happiest fucking car ive ever seen

She loves a good wax :^)

Apparently a lot of people don't like it, but I think they're fucking fags.

Not a fan of model in pic specifically, but I love a good Mazda 3. I was hoping to someday pick up a MazdaSpeed3. That would be pretty dope.

Yeah, I would have liked to get the Speed, but funds dictated I settle for the S. Still pretty peppy, and it's a manuel transmision, which I haven't had for a while, so I'm having fun.

Plus leather heated seats are comfy af

Rustbox.

They known for rusting? Shit I'm moving to Minneapolis in two weeks

Nice! Heres mine. Its a 2.5L with a 6 speed Manual. Its the Sport trim with no tech package, but i did find factory footwell lighting to fill the empty switch spot to the left of the steering wheel. First mod you should do is paint the rims. It changes the whole look of the car.

Also another easy mod is this. Your car has the slots for them just below the fog lights, just wire them to a fuse that runs them when the ignition is in the on position only.

Looks like a 2011 OP. I believe in 2010. And 2010.5 mazda 3's had turn signals on the mirrors. They went cheap in 2011

I just like the hatch version more than the 4 door

Heres my Mazda 3 s 2.5, I'd highly recommend swapping the oem rear motor mount for an e-focus one, I bought mine from 4vpower on ebay.

I'd also recommend getting some good tires because these things mine came with used to hound on the road and pissed me off.

I'm going to test drive one later today. It's only a 2.0 but that's the only 6 speed on the lot. If I decide to get one I'll wait for the 2.5.

Yeah definitely get the 2.5 at least, MS3 if you can afford a good one. GFs mum had a 2.0 and it was such a turd, 2.5 feels much faster.

Yeah, MS3 is probably more than I want to pay. I'll definitely wait for the 2.5 if I decide I want the car, because I'm not compromising and getting an automatic and regretting it like last time.

i have a used '09, i don't know if it's just the salt or the steel used being prone to rust, but yeah, i have alot of rust that i just end up covering with undercoat (even if that's probably useless at this point)

it's why i want to buy a brand new car, just so i can rustproof it from the first year.

Yeah, Never compromise, it's a waste of money.

If you want a ms3 get a ms3, I made that mistake now I am saving up for a ms3.

Oof I like that color. Silver wasn't my first choice, but I couldn't turn down the deal. I defs wanna get some footwell lighting, make it match up with the bulb on the dome light shining on the shifter. Where'd you get your and what'd you pay?

I might paint the rims gunmetal gray, but that's it. I can't stand black rims.

Nice.

Shit.

Hue I hate the way the hatch looks. Most hatches, really.

Came with new tires from the dealer, so I'm stuck for a while. How much better is the e-focus? Improvements?

Huh. This one lived in CA and AZ since it was borned, so no rust yet. I'll see if I can halt that shit as much as I can when I move.

e-focus feels 100x better with shifting, driveability, etc. So worth it.

I got the OEM footwell lights on ebay for $60. You could try plastidip for the rims! They have a gunmetal grey

Oof but plastidip

Prescott, Arizona huh?

Yup, exif or you know the place?

Right outside home depot bro. Those hills are hard to mistake.

Damn son, you live around here?

Yeah just west of downtown

My condolences. I'm actually in Chino, so it's even worse

Those roundabouts they added are such a pain in my ass. Anyway back to topic. Every Mazda 3 ive driven has been solid. Including on long trips. Ive messed with a speed3 and those are fun also. not a bad car.

should've gotten a civic for 3k.

I'm okay with the roondaboots, as long as the traffic isn't super heavy.

Hell yeah.

How hard is it to install a new rear motor mount?

Idk retard ptown drivers still dont know how to use them haha.

Also curious. I read one thing that said it's easy as piss, but that was just one thing

That's cause everyone here is ancient. What do you drive? Might have seen it around. I used to have pic related, but traded it for a Ninja 300 two hours ago

My father literally has the same thing. Learned to drive stick in it.

Neat little car, light on it's feet and pretty fast as well. You got a good car lad

So I went to drive the Mazda 3. It was a 2014 with the 2.0. Power was pretty shit; I honestly think the Honda Fit I drove a few days ago had more pep. Everything was tight and nice though, and the interior was definitely the best out of the cars I've been test driving. I particularly loved the way the infotainment system was laid out.

The bad part: even with the driver's seat as far forward as it could go, I was having to put my leg at full extension to work the clutch. My shifts were totally fucked cause.

Manlet here, nigga how manlet are you?

huzzah

they're good, solid cars. Don't trick them out like the faggots in this thread. It's not worth it

I'm 5'5" and typically wear 28 or 29" pants.

Do you get a discount when they have the Michael Jackson Sales? Boys pants, half off.

Ha I got one inch on you you lil bitch

(no woman will ever love a short man)

The worst part is I always look like an awkward teenager because I'm in the spot where boy's clothes are too small and men's are too large.

Nigga I'll race u find me on I49 I'll wreck ur shit

>boy's clothes are too small and men's are too large.

I know that feel.

"Hey do you have any of these in a 29x29?"

"Um. You could try the boys' section?"

End me. My only saving grace is that I have good proportions, at least. In pictures people always say I look taller.

>I'll wreck ur shit

not that in that 2.slow oh shit burn

That's a lot of pants.

If you want jeans, you could try Lands' End. I haven't ordered from them myself but they will hem some of their jeans pretty short. I know a guy who does that and he's pretty satisfied with them.

Gotta stay fashionable nigga.

>shop by size range
>regular
>tall
>big and tall
>I am triggered

Also those jeans are too many dollars. Usually I buy Levi's at Ross and hem them myself, like a big boy

>protip: Mossimo jeans are trash

Only the first gen rusts faggot

Want to buy a 2008 Mazda 3 hatch with 40k miles from some old guy. What should I look for?
There's a bit of rust on the bottom, but it seems to be surface.

>What should I look for?
a 2014 or newer

Pretty easy. Just takes a bit of patience, Taking off the plastic guard is the hard bit.

I torqued every bolt to 60 ft/bs after installing the e-focus mount and it's excellent.

>Take plastic under guard off
>Undo 5 bolts
>Make sure you loosen the motor mount one also otherwise you'll never get it off out of the car (in my experience)
>Reinstall
>torque to whatever necessary

You don't need to torque it but i'd recommend it. Check how tight it is after 1000 miles or a month to make sure it didn't back out, you don't need loctite, all the bolts didn't come with it from factory so it's not necessary

USE JACKSTANDS AND PUT THEM IN THE CORRECT POSITION

Neat. What year is yours?

I'd be looking for a gen 2 desu, Gen 1's are ok but the gen 2 refined everything that was painful with the gen 2

t. owned a gen 1, 2 & have had a gen 3 on loan for a month

this is my car , 2011 mazda 3 s 2.5, Love it but I want a MS3. It's hard to find a MS3 in the blue though, and they didn't make them after 2011 which makes it worse.

Also why only the rear motor mounts? Would replacing the front ones be better or is it not worth it?

I've pretty much done all you can do the gen 2 non speed so if you want to know something ask away.

The side ones? The only mount i'd suggest for the side is the rocar pmm but I can't find any for the gen 2's I haven't done much research on it, but it's a solid rubber mount instead of oil filled garbage like the stock one is. The rear mount moves a fuck tonne from stock causing terrible shifting feel, missing gears, sloppy driving feel, all around just awful to drive and i'd never go back from the e-focus, I have had a damond motorsports rmm, cobb rmm, jbr 70 duro (jbr 70 is good just expensive and feels like the e-focus imo). I wouldn't go with anything harsher than the jbr 70 unless you want to hear vibrations and rattles all the time. Damond motorsports one was excellent but it rattled the shit out of everything at low rpm which drove me nuts on the highway.

This is a video showing the stock mount movement
youtube.com/watch?v=GCC1-tp09Q8

and transmission mount isn't really needed since it won't break, you can try the TRZ transmission mount, that's the only one i've found that is compatible with non mz3's. The MS3 and MZ3 have different transmission mounts and short shifter plates, i've made that mistake and spent $400 on trans mount and short shifter plate to find out that they don't fit.

Good info, thanks m8. Any other mods worth looking into? Haven't done much research yet, so don't know all the little shortcomings and whatnot of the car yet. In particular, any way to get more power out of the engine without spending all the dollars/ruining it?

Thanks for the help. Just ordered an e-focus mount off of ebay for $28. Been having soo many problems with missing gears because the engine shakes.

I'll post what i've done so far, that pic I posted was when I first bought it.

Mods:
>Corksport Solid Shift Bushings
>LED replacement kit (from amazon for $10)
>E-Focus RMM
>MS-Style front lip (ebay for $50)
>Foglight surround painted in black
>MCA Red Coilovers
>Enkei RPF1 17x9
>Speed 3 wing
>Corksport Adjustable Short Shifter
>JBR MZ3 Short Shifter Plate
>K&N drop in filter
>MS3 Axleback
>OVTuned (bought the handheld)
>Eonon GA7163S

I hope that it's a real one, Some people have reported getting fake ones from ebay, I bought mine from 4vpower. Make sure the other 2 mounts are good as well if it shakes badly.

Looks right to me. Let me know.

How's the short shifter/plate and bushings? And you see any noticeable improvements with the K&N, the Axleback, the tune? And how's that Eonon working out?

Thank you sensei.

Yeah looks like it, But I forgot to tell you that you need an extra bolt to mount it.

e-focus RMM
CM5Z-6068-A - Mount
W500545-S900 - Bolt

You can get it from any Ford dealer for cheap. Torque every bolt to 60ft l/bs and you'll be set.

I see you have the Eonon radio installed. What kind of prepaid SIM are you using to be able to use the GPS?
Ordered and on its way.

I should have explained why I got the things i got lol, my bad.

>How's the short shifter/plate and bushings?
Short shifter is excellent, plate is also great, but makes the shifting really short even at the lowest settings, idk personal preference in how short you want it but just getting the shifter plate would be great. Bushings make the shifter base not wobble around so you can shift properly, Corksport ones seem really expensive for what they are, i'd go buy the JBR shifter bushings and shift plate at first.

>And you see any noticeable improvements with the K&N, the Axleback, the tune
Tune gave me at least an extra 20-30kw and a fair amount of torque, highly recommend the work Orange Virus does, drop in filter was cheaper than buying a SRI/Cold air since the stock box is a cold air from stock, and no chance of water getting into the intake which could cause hydrolocking (you dont want that lol)

>And how's that Eonon working out
This eonon unit is surprisingly good for it's price, I'd recommend that one specifically because some of them have been known to lag.

MS3 axleback is pretty much the same as a racing beat axleback, your car is louder than it is stock, not overly loud and sounds pretty good at the same time.

This vid is the catback from the ms3 installed but it's the same thing just a bit louder than just the axleback.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eQ41kEdV8

It gets the input from your factory GPS to get GPS working on it.

Sucks for me that my M3 does dont include the tech package so I do not have navigation in my car. Looks like prepaid sims for me.

I think it has it's own antenna, I'm not 100% sure. I'll have a look on their website and find out.

I bought a used '13 before I really got into cars.

I hurried into it with the expectation that there had to be some things I would dislike with any car I'd purchase. But lucky me, everything about it has been exactly what I like. Zero fucking regrets.

Neato burrito

Yeah, Looks like it has it's own antenna for the GPS, I got someone else to install it because I was still a beginner when I got it.

youtu.be/eM1j07S0mnA?t=314

This video shows installing it, Looks like it's pretty easy to install. I need to take mine out because the dash is peeling back and sticking through it :/

hi barn

The site does say the GPS antenna is included. But in order for me to use the google maps on it, I will need to use the hotspot on my phone. which is fine of course because google maps allows you to download maps offline and still use the GPS features without service. They do say on the website that their is a 3G adapter that you could plug in,. But when I searched through the accessories tab, I found nothing.

Yeah you can see here that this guys m3 is the good year cause he has the turn signals on the mirrors.

The picture does not do the justice but its well worth the cost.

Holy shit that is so bright

kek, someone found me, whos that ?

ree

Oh right, thanks for that, I've never used it, I use my cars inbuilt one since the person paid for all the map updates.

Yeah those are pretty bright lol

I hope it's the good year lol

Yeah. Thankfully it has a dimmer switch so I have it set to the minimum setting

do they have pink

OEM kit only comes in blue
r.ebay.com/1X9X4A