What was the best deal you ever had? (car or car parts)

got a car worth ~$500 for free

gonna whine about this in another thread but i got a kinda beat up mexishit dodge dakota a few years back

>160K
>2001
>dented side panel
>trashed finish
>2500 + tax
>talk them into 2500 flat

it's not really the deal itself that's great, but the truck itself. I overpayed but my then current vehicle's transmission shit itself in a bad way

it's my best deal because this ugly piece of shit will not die no matter what i do. I've taken it around the country twice (coast to coast). it's gotten me through the woods of NC, iced over backroads in ohio, and had no problem hauling everything i own from NC to WA. I've taken it through multiple winter road trips. it's 20 miles from 180k and I think I can get it to 200k no problem, except my parents keep whining at me to replace it

i love this thing

Bought my GT86 for 5 grand less than it's worth.

Got new headlights for $600 when they cost $3600 new oem

did you have to suck him once or twice for that?

He financed it and couldn't afford it anymore. He was so desperate to get rid of it, I didn't even have to haggle much.

>inb4 there's something wrong with it
I suspected that too and thoroughly inspected it inside and out. Literally mint condition in every aspect.

traded stock 98 cherokee for a fully built mr2-sw20

non turbo but it was built in every other way...

straight trade.

beat that faggots. thousand dollar car for a mr2 :)

How much did u pay? Age/miles?

Factory new cylinder head for $100
Still need to install the fucker though.

>Find car I'm interested in at a body shop
>talk to owner, find a stock pile of parts
>lets me keep half of whatever I sell the parts for
>get car running
>hands me the title

And that's how I got a great car for less than free.

Not a car, but bought a bike in a basket.

Was a 73 bonneville that this guys dad had taken apart before he died going to rebuild it. It had all the replacement parts all there. Guy wanted it gone so I walked away with a good bike (some assembly required) for 250 bucks.

Decent paint and rechroming I had a nice triump for 800 bucks.

my bike + panniers + satnav for £3995

Most of the time you pay £5000+ for just the bike on its own.

A fucking 5th gen Prelude for aprox. 700 freedom bux slipped right through my hands

Ive had alot of cool cars.

84 fiero
92 dodge spirit rt
lebaron 4cycl turbo
ranger truck
jetta diesel
Wrangler

The car I miss the most and was my favorite was
a 2001 Passat with the 2.8 6 cylinder with 5 speed

Good power, fun to rev out, ok handling, a best of the highway, 80MPH was Great. monsoon audio system was GOAT. lost it when a Granny hit it and it was deemed my fault.

I had a 4th gen Civic EX with a 5-speed that I got for less than $2K from a used dealer who just wanted to get rid of it. Had some minor cosmetic issues but that engine was glorious. An Si engine/trans in a 4-door grandma mobile.

$20 Greddy SP2 exhaust from a junkyard

$300 for a 1993 Bonneville with 130k on the clock. Just needed brake lines, sold the bitch for $1300

I'm jelly of the Passat and the Jetta, the Passat sounds comfy. I'm 23 and my dad had one from that gen back when they were new

100% jealous

I do a lot of vehicle flipping and have scored some good deals.

Some of my best ones:

Probably my current truck that I do plan to keep for awhile. Bought an svt focus from a buddy for $1100. Didnt like it, straight traded it for my 97 Chevy K1500 4x4 Ext cab with 172k. It has some rust and isnt perfect but is nicer than most of these. Had nothing really wrong with except minor things. I replaced tailgate handle hardware, blower resistor and actuator, charged AC, sold system for $500 put in nicer compact system system for $200. Sold mud tires for $500, put new all terrains on for $400. Did have to replace starter and fuel pump. Owned almost a year now and I love it, it's a great truck.

Last weekend I Just sold my 96 z28 rebuilt title 150k for $2800. I bought it 2 weeks ago for $1600 and did nothing but clean the living shit out of it - it was horrible. $1200 profit for a couple hours of cleaning and $10 of materials.

Best deal probably overall - in November I bought a 19' bowrider boat with a 5.7. Beat up interior but great running boat. Took it out a bunch this year, didn't do anything to it. Sold it about a month ago. I bought it for $2000. Sold it for $4350.

I sold my ZX9R in Spring too for $3000 I bought for $1800 and just did about $300 in maintenance on. Was a pretty decent profit.

That's all the recent stuff.
in 2013 I sold my 96 mazda 626 I had for over a year. I bought it for $1000, didnt do anything to it put 20k on it in a year and sold it for $2250.

I flipped an SV650 in 2013 also after a few weeks. Bought for $1800 sold for $2500.

In 2012 I had too many flips to count. A 92 Gst paid $1200 sold $2500. A 92 Civic Hatch I was going to build and had everything bought and ended up parting out when machine shop fucked me. Even though a lot of parts were bought new and I resold them I still made money primarily from the car itself. Made about $2000 off it. Bought a 97 sidekick for $1200, sold it for $2700.
Flipping can be a fun money making hobby.

I got a boat which included a 400 Chevy v8 for $400

I want another passat.

Problem with those cars are timing belt BS. Expensive to fix. Cool audi engine.

the b5 passats were basically a Audi A4 on a extended frame. It was indeed super comfy. loved that car.

Those are some great deals man!

Where do you store all your cars? Or do you limit yourself to X amount of cars at the same time?

Lada Samara '89 for $1000 mint condition

In '07 I got an '06 STi with 5k miles at a regional auction for 22k flat.

I sold it 6 years and 65k miles later for $20.

I used to fill up my grandmother's driveway/garage/yard pretty bad.

Now I have my own house with a 2 car garage that is basically a 3 car garage and a big enough driveway to fit 5-7 cars if needed. then still street parking if i ever needed it out front of my house. My garage is in back.

I usually have 2-3 cars at one time and a bike or two. Never really get much beyond that. Right now I just have my car, truck, bike, and girlfriend's car here.