Mazda twin turbo

motorauthority.com/news/1112200_mazda-patents-engine-with-two-turbos-and-an-electric-supercharger

What are your thoughts on this Veeky Forums?

Twin turbo twin charged rotory when?

>how many levels of boost are you on right now?
>gee, maybe one or two, mazda
>you are like a little baby

I love Mazda so much.

High on A I R.

B I G G E R
A I R

God dammit why didn't I buy a Mazda

>twin turbos
>AND a supercharger

How can other manufacturers even compete?

They can't. They might as well kill themselves now.

Better be a three-rotor Wankel.

Nah, it's going to be a HCCI 4-cylinder (Skyactiv-X).

Acceptable

why not just go with a power recovery turbine/turbocharger and get better results

It will go in another mall-crawler crossover most likely.

Didn't volvo do something similar to that ?.

They did an engine that is turbocharged and supercharged. It's pretty rare, but it's been done a couple of times before. However, I haven't ever seen an engine with a twin turbo and a supercharger.

Yeah the only other cars I can think of that are turbo and supercharged are the jaguar cx75 and the Lancia delta s4 but never a twin turbo and a super

They made a prototype engine just like this (parallel turbo + electric SC) and it made 450HP from 2L

This will be longitudinally mounted.
Rwd Mazda 6 confirmed?

pls Mazda I want one

It will be the Mazda9 and will come with an Twincharged TT Skyactive-X HCCI Inline-4 making 400HP with AWD and making 40mpg

It will also come with native technology where the compression ratio scales linearly with the devaluation of the car's used price

How are they handling the transition between spark detonation and compression detonation in the HCCI setup?
Are they using both throughout a certain range?

For what purpose? Lag and broad power curve or just for moaaar boost?

All of the above. Seriously.

Fuel efficiency, and no lag. They want to run lean at really high compression.

This patent has no mention of HCCI. And afik there are no white papers on how the skyactivX manages it's transition from sparkplug to compression only.

Why not use a F1-style electric motor inside the turbo to spin it while on low rpm?

Actually Audi already uses a similar system to the one Mazda patented in their SQ7 diesel engine, the electrric turbo on that is made by Valeo.