/neog/ - SNK and Neo Geo General

The king of fighters XIV PC pre-sale and closed beta is up. Get access and 20% OFF if you preorder! CHECK THE CBT SUBFORUMS, THERE'S BEEN UPDATES!!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260
youtube.com/watch?v=rgTXu88iMHU

Stuff from the chinese conference conference:
youtube.com/watch?v=MJwlFbp4toU
youtube.com/watch?v=QEqXaBq-Scg
youtube.com/watch?v=JySin3zQqtE

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtube.com/watch?v=LYiIBlhhJsc

Version 2.1 is out and fixes some bugs!
2.1 patch notes:
snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.01_en.pdf

New arcade version exhibition was held on the 30th know as Ichiki's Dojo. The arcade version is up to date with all DLC including costumes, stages and characters.
Small snippet of exhibition:
youtube.com/watch?v=yqvDPPcJatY

KoF Destiny Mobile game trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=kOTUGI-nrDs

KOFXIV DLC Character Trailers:
youtube.com/watch?v=0QE25tVaB5k
youtube.com/watch?v=nMA5vqR1JRE
youtube.com/watch?v=RxkfWYCq9Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=OksMT-OBaaM

New KOF Chinese manga:
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/816915802083340288
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/817381037114171392

New SNK mobile RPG:
game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/newproject/

Latest tournament footage:
youtube.com/watch?v=BV-bjwj5gik
youtube.com/watch?v=i4zqA4OI5do
youtube.com/watch?v=PwKfaJ9sJx8
youtube.com/watch?v=HHOG5ViPrAg
youtube.com/watch?v=ctUymHVXGEI
youtube.com/watch?v=Kzv-zMEfSX4
youtube.com/watch?v=VbNlcwdGkQU
youtube.com/watch?v=cwKStvpiNls

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cmA18dnqNxI
youtube.com/watch?v=v1JH568QpR0
youtube.com/watch?v=HwD3v53neA4
youtube.com/watch?v=gLNqxvNQxQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WFaLZMTwIjk
youtu.be/h3cGEUa4d_A
amazon.com/dp/B01JO9L416/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_awdb_x_m.ljzbCYW12QQ
twitter.com/snk_enter/status/867225995211886592
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Christ guys, stop dying overnight

Am I the only one making these now? Either way more Enta-chan as the OP pic.

More recent tournaments from this past weekend.

Chinese tournament (Fighter Star) (shit got 160k+ views)
Pools: youtube.com/watch?v=cmA18dnqNxI
Top 8: youtube.com/watch?v=v1JH568QpR0
Grand Finals: youtube.com/watch?v=HwD3v53neA4

Canadian (toryuken)
Top 4: youtube.com/watch?v=gLNqxvNQxQQ

Japanese (EVO Japan sài)
youtube.com/watch?v=WFaLZMTwIjk

what happened with last thread? Was it deleted?

It fell into archives overnight

I think it just died. It was a slow day, only thing that happened was that there was an update for the beta on steam. Also I fell asleep.

youtu.be/h3cGEUa4d_A
I tried out Mui Mui for the first time last night and I love her so much. Her personality, design, and moveset click so well with me. She is love.

Nice! Only think I wish they had included was her chimp-out mode.

Who does Enta-chan love more, Beni or Joe?

Loving Beni is a general rule. So I say its Joe

how come whip doesn't have a special cancelable command normal

it's so annoying

>Overnight

Bullshit I was just trying home from work!

Play Ryo.

ryo is not a cute girl

not with that attitude

Implying

any guesses on what would be the flashiest, most hardware demanding moves/supers/stages?

just wanna test my performance on extreme conditions

For stages I would think the city cicuit stage and the other world team's stage no? They're the ones with the most moving objects in the background. As for moves I'm not too sure, maybe Shun's and Verse's climax, maybe?

So which kof character is the strongest?
Not talking about bosses, just fighters in general?

He is cute though.

The girl part is important tho

what are you, gay?

It depends what you mean by strongest. If by that you mean in regards to beating someone like Orochi (needing special powers) Kyo/Iori, etc. In terms of skill ability and experience Terry is pretty up there as well as Ryo (wasn't it once mentioned that Ryo has the strongest punches out there?). Ramon isn't too bad himself, he's been called the strongest too, so I wouldn't necessarily rule him out either. Kensou might be goofy and have the whole Athena thing against him, but I'd imagine that he'd be strong as fuck if he were able to fully control the dragon spirit thing or whatever it's called. There's many more that could rival them in strength like their main rivals and I imagine the Ikaris would be contenders for those titles too, but out of all of them none compare to Takuma. That nigger is capable of deflecting/neutralizing a city destroying laser.

>but out of all of them none compare to Takuma. That nigger is capable of deflecting/neutralizing a city destroying laser.

Don't forget that Mr. Karate is takuma going all out

And in one of Mr. Karates winquotes in XIII to the Ikaris he says that only their commander can stand a chance against him

dont die on me

IKUZE CLARK

i'm surprised at how fitting this looks

HOO

Dear god, 01 looks awful.

its the shitties one for a reason

uemate is amazing - and Enta-chan looking older in this is fitting, considering SNK's own age.

Mr Karate (Takuma) at his finest is pretty much peak human material.

On the other hand, Nightmare Geese gets to be the real challenge even in koF2002UM, which contains the likes of Rugal and Igniz.

Man, screw the Bogards, the real classic South Town conflict is Howards and Sakazakis.

I wanna fuck Ash Crimson

This makes me wonder, has Enta-chan met G-Mantle? Someone should ask her and if they've met what she thought.

I suspect it'd be more effective to draw them together and post the pic on Twitter with the #entachan hashtag, that might get a quoted tweet with a comment, based on recent hsitory with Enta-chan fan art.

You're right. I mean she's answered questions before, but a drawing would get a quicker response. Shame I can't draw worth a shit.

but i need to sleep

It'd be cool to get pics of him on his time off.

plenty of characters don't, like kim, iori, and kyo's overheads

i like that falcoon remembered shermie's pet hamsters, one of the things she values in her life the most

i wonder what would happen if i were to threaten to crush her hamsters with a sledgehammer, and say it's for orochi

whoops, the pic

apple juice

i hope sfm makers don't forget about sylvie

Wouldn't be surprised if he remembers stuff like that for a few characters. I heard he was a huge SNKfag before getting hired by them.

well, that's pretty much the reason he got hired, because he was a big snk fag who drew lots of snk character art in his dailies

they just didn't know he had an OC DONUT STEEL fetish

Like having her do fun things like playing games right?

playing games like hide sylvie's clothes from her and "guess what's in this box"

I want to do that with Mui Mui.

amazon.com/dp/B01JO9L416/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_awdb_x_m.ljzbCYW12QQ
>the neo geo sound logo basically costs a dollar

Not all the art was bad

play Neowave and watch out for how sexy Whip looks in that art style

I played her way way back in 1.03. I think she's stuck in my team now unless I wanna go full complacent and just rock Ryo/Iori/Athena or Terry.

>you now remember Ryo has beaten up a prime cheap-as-fuck Young Geese way before Terry and friends did

Oh, Sylvie pls no.

>playing the PS2 version

>they fixed the AI glitch with Geese

Never played neowave, can someone explain it's quirks? All I know is that it's basically 2002 with Young Geese as the boss.

I was suspicious of the another world stage but forgot about city circuit, I'll definitely try that, and the characters as well

thanks user

Kind of new to KoF, is there anything I should look for when picking a team or is it alright to just pick whoever the fuck?

if you're new, just pick whatever characters you like

Is the netcode ever going to be fixed? Because right now it's even worse than XIII's. I keep getting 'connection interrupted' every few games and four bar connections end up being underwater when the match starts.

>right now it's even worse than XIII's
hell no

if you're playing on pc, don't worry. Netplay is weirdly buggy at the moment, it's absolutely not that unstable on console. Wait or more updates and remember it's a closed beta

I barely played Neowave (only emulated it a bit, and played the Xbox port of it) but I hear it being crazy wack for a game based on 2002, with Young Geese and some other roster changes.

I certainly hope so because I've only had a handful games that actually ran well, Most are underwater and freeze.

So y'all think that SNK can make an appearance and announce something at either E3, Gamescom, or TGS?

my bold prediction is that chances stand between 0 and 100%

I don't know. My gut tells me that E3 might be a bit too soon. If we're ucky maybe we'll get something XIV related IFF they're not done with XIV. If it were to be a new game my gut tells me TGS or PSX at the earliest. I sure hope my gut is wrong though and it's actually sooner.

i only ever expect them at psx and tokyo game show

Like fighting games
>fingers too retarded to play 99.9% of project diva future tone songs on extreme and only beat less than 25% of songs on hard in a game in which the button commands are laid out for you
>because fingers too slow will never be able to properly play KoF or any fighting game despite having a general idea to how they work
>since too retarded to follow button prompts when laid out will never be able to think of the correct thing to do on the spot in a fighting game
>El Rosa's 7 year old daughter can combo light years better than you
Will never be able to combo like her
Buying the game to support SNK and pointing people in the right direction when they ask questions is enough, right?

Me, they ought to be moving to something now that XIV came out or else their return to gaming is for nothing, except for maybe moar mobile gaems?

Plump MILF Angel is making me so confused

twitter.com/snk_enter/status/867225995211886592

Cute!!!

You better be here when I wake up

i wanna see sylvie getting fucked in the ass full nelson style by nelson

I promise nothing.

Iori finally got a date with him

How would Enta-chan react to this?

>have enough diamonds for 10 pull
>guaranteed 4-star fighter
>oh boy better be Yamazaki
>Its Chin
>I already have chin

FUCK

Kyo's waifu is Iori..I knew it all along.

Her vagina would be weeping.

I don't want this ride to end.

It 's okay user. You don't have to be competitive at fighting games to have a good time playing them. However, if you feel that you actually do keep in mind that there's always players who are worse than you.

King's forward walk looks so weird

Actually everything about her in XIV looks unpolished to me: model, animations, anything

Worst looking character in the game imo

That's not how you spell Kyo's face.

Or Andy in general.

Uniform Kyo looks all right, at least.

People love bashing how girly he looks..though I think he looks fine.

I don't see anything girly there

It's just the hair that is kinda weird imo. Paste classic kyo's hair in there and it's fine. Open jacket would be a plus too

Also his character select screen art looks terrible

Son, his design is fine and lovely. Cool too.

But it's his 3D face that's just uncanny. Iori looks like Iori. KOF looks like King. Terry looks like Terry. Fucking Mai not looking as pretty as she could looks like Mai. Kyo looks off.

He looked relatively fine until people started bitching that he looked too emo because of his black hair. I remember people bitching a bout it a lot back then. I guess they changed it due to the huge response they got. IMO all they had to do was change his hair color from black to his usual hair color. His character select portrait was ok back then too, not ideal, but at least better than what it was now.

I think they tried to give him a more "modern bishounen" look but I don't like it at all. Ogura managed to make him look good in a few images like pic related because he drew his eyes like they used to be and gave him a more confident expression, but in the game portraits and ending images his eyes are smaller and he looks too much like a good boy.

I have no idea if they will keep the same look or try something different for the next game, but from what I see on twitter, pixiv etc other characters who got new designs such as Iori, Robert, Billy or Leona were way more accepted than Kyo new look idk. I'm personally hoping for a new design in XV.

At least his XIV art looks better than it did in 01, 02, and 03.

Flame Theft Kyo didn't start looking good until XI in my opinion.