/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Last thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13002671
humblebundle.com/humble-indie-bundle-18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic.

Krater? Divinity? Dungeon Siege? Wizardy?
I dunno, I'm not sure what a SRPG is. ARPG and jRPG, I figured.

This took a loooooong time, but it was fun. Lasted pretty long, I have to say.

Spoilers for new players if we have any, yada yada.

Indie 2016?
Indie 2015?

SRPG = strategy rpg, think FF Tactics, Fire Emblem, Xcom and the like

Ha.
Doorkickers, Divinity Original Sin, maybe Pillars of Eternity but that's stretching it a bit, and apparently Veil of Crows, but I'll have to check this one.

What game?
also i don't get it

Dungeon Rats?

Expeditions: Conquistador is pretty fun.
Some of the missions are bullshit though. Fuck that "get all units to the end zone in 10 tuns" shit.

> they would actually have to come up with a design
Stygian coin description says it's "engraved with an image of Charon, the mythic Stygian ferryman."

They could just put the Stygian Software logo on it.

Forgot to add strawpoll.me/13002671 to the OP.

Oh well...

Underrail.

Well, of course you don't get it if you don't know the game.

If you manage to hide and get out of combat during the final bossfight, the final boss begins to send out these mental storms, but the damage starts out pretty pitiful. Basically what I wanted to see is how fast this damage increases, and how long it takes until it becomes a legit threat on its own that you can no longer simply outheal.

Ah, I see.
Neat.

Finally.

For those missions put as many Scout in to your team as possible. They can move 8 tiles / round and have the Sneak ability when AoO it inevitable - Warriors are wise choice for the same reason. Also, keep the # of Soldiers (slow and rarely have time for Stunts) minimal.

THE THREAD DIED AGAIN AARRGH
Oh wait we hit bump limit, nice.

Also this is now how you make water, at least not outside of america.

>ctrl+F "feg"
>zero results

Good

What

How the
What
How
WHY

It's like gamerfuel but for adventurers!
Adventurer Fuel™

And to be fair this place is fucked up with how it goes against, beyond, under, and right through the logic of the world you know from the 1st and 2nd entry.

The horror.

That sounds like a very... fun game.

Then again, games aren't always logical.
>playing Rimworld
>can make soup out of corn
>but no bread
Lol okay.

Try going up a floor.

>Obscure Games General
Does this include development stuff?

Depends. If you're developing it, /agdg/. If it's just in-development, feel free to drop it here.

Christ. I don't think I can read this without risking permanent damage to my English.

You are like a little baby.
Do not complain until you tried to fap to a Chinese spanking game translated by Google.

>The sword of the Argon

Not as bad as any Shakespeare work translated through 5+ languages.

Yeah a falcom friend described the game to me before as fangame so makes for an interesting take.

Wasn't that written by a native speaker to boot?

Yes

humblebundle.com/humble-indie-bundle-18
Added story about my uncle and a meme 80s rythm game.

Someone should put (spell-checked) pieces of the text into Pillars of Eternity or Numanuma. I wonder if anyone would notice the difference.

>The vile stench of the Shaman's hot fetid breath over came the nauseated female with a deep soul searing sickness, causing her to wrench her head backwards and regurgitate a slimy, orangewhite stream of swelling gore over the richly woven purple robe of the enthused acolyte.

I bough a PS3 tool that came with a build of a shitty no-name game. Once I get the time to, I might dump some screens here

I wish more games had a system like Fallout New Vegas, where stimpack gives you health instantly but eating slowly recovers it.
That system made putting points in survival very useful, since it was used to determine what you could craft, and how many HP you would recover.

Good food is non uniform and there is progression in a meal.

Looking forward to this!

FF tactics, sexcom, and fire emblem are turn based tactical RPGs, not strategy RPGs

They're both the same thing you oxygen-huffing maroon

What can I get for 5 bucks?

so what do you define as a Strategy RPG? Ogre Battle?

So it IS possible to die to that. How long did it take?

I downloaded Yume Nikki a while ago, now that you mention it I might play it again.
However last time I didn't understand a lot, I walked around and never really found anything, did I miss something? Or do I have to look harder for this "effects" people talk about?

This is end?

Interact with NPCs and stray items to get effects. Differentiate between the useless mass-produced NPCs and the ones that are actually important.

Nah.

Grow up.
Strategy is not the same as tactics. RTT exists for a reason. Why do you think all those games have tactics in their names

>still getting my ass kicked
Send help

I'm not sure, long. The tremors happen every 15 seconds, so at least 26 minutes. I may have missed a few on the image though, by the end I had to bandage pretty much non-stop between hypos, so by then it was harder to take screenshots.

That being said it is definitely possible to die to this, at least on Hard, if your build can't do this fight without destroying the tanks. The tremor damage doesn't reset when you enter combat, so if you take your time healing in the safe rooms, after a fight with the Tentacles/Tchortlings a 50+ tremor just as you leave combat could easily finish the job.

Git on my level.

Beat that game already actually, was pretty easy even on the hardest difficulty. Steal is OP.

Everything is OP.

Still trying to figure out how to dash, though.

Nah steal is OP to the point of ruining the game on its own. You can pretty much tank hits like a motherfucker and just steal HP back with zero skill required. Without steal you'd have next to no HP recovery so you've have to play a looot more strategically and cautiously.

If I get a bad ending, do I have to start all over again to get good?

Strategy RPGs and Tactical RPGs are the exact same thing. How exactly do *you* differentiate between the two?

Not him but strategy is generally seen as broad (planning an empire such as Crusader Kings) while tactics is for specific battles (such as a Fire Emblem map with x units vs y units).

>CK
I've never heard of grand strategy games being called "strategy RPGs".

Do you count Civ as an RPG?

Well, Steal doesn't work on traps, so you can still visit Eris if you screw up that badly.
I loved Megumin's battle by the way.

Not him, but isn't strategy bigger, like you need to use ressources 'n' shiet, while tactic is just "you have 10 soldiers, clear the map with them"?

How about we call them tactical roguelike strategy?

>Hey Kazuma, want to have lots of unprotected vaginal sex with me until you knock me up?
>No way fag
darkness ruined her almost sealing the deal, but at least she's gonna win

There is nothing I didn't like about Oneshot, and yet I wish I had never played it.

And yet the moment you notice the feels starting to fade, you'll start wanting them to stay

?

Age of Decadence

That's because CK has litteral roleplaying elements. You're put in a character shoes, and you play his role.

So it's not exactly a RPG, but it has roleplaying elements.

Exhuming a dead Devious Socialite to play two at once on the next turn is the dumbest lethal I've had so far.

A bundle of indie games on Bundlestars

>Rendered in a distinct visual style that blends pixel art with paper and ink textures, They Bleed Pixels is a singular mix of intense platforming and fierce beat-em-up action.
>At the core of its fighting system is a simple one-button combat scheme with surprising depth and versatility. Button mashing is discouraged while kicking shadowy monsters into saws, pits and spikes is rewarded, thanks to a unique system that lets you earn and place your own checkpoints through stylish kills.

What did you get that bundle for?

Underrail updates.

Is this heartstone?

It's pretty decent, but don't play it with a keyboard.

I enjoyed Around tumblr in 80 Days, I guess it was a dollar well spent.

Shardbound. It's like Hearthstone on a board, but in early access and most cards still have placeholder art. I've been enjoying it so far, though.

>Around tumblr in 80 Days
that sounds entertaining

>Conquer the forces of Death in A Wizard’s Lizard, an action RPG for Windows, Mac and Linux.
>Explore ever-changing dungeons, filled with valuable treasure and powerful items, while battling back the hordes of evil.
>Rescue townsfolk to improve your town and aid your next trek into the dungeon.

Wanted to claim it, came too late.

I'll take this one, I guess.

Sorry mate, I'll post screenshots when I get to the game later and see if it's worth it.
Steam has mixed review though.

>rando adds me on steam
>add him
>he contacts me
>he ripped the entire dialogue of The Dream Machine in hope of finding a good ending hidden in the files
>but he has school so he asks other people to read it for him
This is worse than the outcry against the ending of Deponia 3 and then Deponia 4.

it was, I was always curious about how weird was history in the next region

I liked the idea of rescuing townfolks. That's the part that interested me.

Please report how it really is.

Well now I'm confused.

I don't get it.

i bought it at full price and don't regret it a bit. I've played through five times now

Is "Her Story" a game, it doesn't really seem like it.

Are you literally /srg/ as person?

Yes it is. You are uncovering a plot by chosing your questions to the interviewed subject.

How hard is it to mod Battle Brothers? I want to cut the armor rating of all helmets in half because they're complete bullshit.

The title and cover make it seem pretty bad.

Also 'Broken Sword 5' sounds like the most shovelware game in existence, though looking at it I guess it's an adventure game?

It's more of an interactive movie. Where you have to find other parts of the movie by using keywords you find with the parts of it you do have.

it's not a game that has an endpoint within itself, but the puzzle is you are trying to figure out the truth behind a crime by watching videos and piecing together the lore

I was surprised that someone made an FMV game in 2017, but people can do whatever I guess.

So. She murdered him but he was an asshole and totally deserved it, right?

I would be legitimately surprised if this wasn't it,

How "bad" are the protectorate in underrail? I thought by at least not naming the free drones as the guys who took the supply train I might have a shot at joining them still but no luck there.

that is not the answer